PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Equinox (Sport)

GoChris
08-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I need a family vehicle asap, thinking of picking up an Equinox Sport (same as the torrent gxp). Was going to get one out of the US, but for just a couple $k difference I think I might try to get a used one locally, few more km but easier and no warranty issues.

I see a lot of these vehicles around (non sport) and they look fine, I drove the GXP and it was ok, bit of torque steer but it was a FWD and I'd get an AWD.

Any real big reasons not to get one? Reviews seem ok, nothing to rave about, only I think the hyundai sante fe was recommend over it from what I can gather.

signature7
08-02-2008, 01:25 AM
how much in total would you be spending?

GoChris
08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
probably around $30, little less.

dannie
08-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I have an 07 Equinox for the winter. I have a few issues with it, but nothing huge.

1. I have a light color interior and when you sit in the front two seats, it quickly takes on the color of your jeans (sounds stupid. i know). I have to clean the seats once every two months. So I would not go with a light color interior.

2. The cup holders are a little sketchy. They are pull out from the middle consol and are a bit flimsy.

3. In the winter, I had 3 adults and 2 kids in the truck. The airflow wasn't defrosting the back windows as much as it should have.

4. I like to hide things in my vehicle. I don't like have things in plain sight. There are not a whole lot of cubby holes to put things in.

5. There was an issue with the computer system in the truck, when it gets cold, it tells you that your tire pressure is low. It is frustrating because you have to book in with the dealer to reset the computer.

One aspect that I quite like, is that the back seat can move forward or backward. The entire bench moves so if you need more room in the trunk, you can have it. If you need more leg room, you got it.

The XM is nice on long road trips.

GoChris
08-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by dannie
I have an 07 Equinox for the winter. I have a few issues with it, but nothing huge.

1. I have a light color interior and when you sit in the front two seats, it quickly takes on the color of your jeans (sounds stupid. i know). I have to clean the seats once every two months. So I would not go with a light color interior.

2. The cup holders are a little sketchy. They are pull out from the middle consol and are a bit flimsy.

3. In the winter, I had 3 adults and 2 kids in the truck. The airflow wasn't defrosting the back windows as much as it should have.

4. I like to hide things in my vehicle. I don't like have things in plain sight. There are not a whole lot of cubby holes to put things in.

5. There was an issue with the computer system in the truck, when it gets cold, it tells you that your tire pressure is low. It is frustrating because you have to book in with the dealer to reset the computer.

One aspect that I quite like, is that the back seat can move forward or backward. The entire bench moves so if you need more room in the trunk, you can have it. If you need more leg room, you got it.

The XM is nice on long road trips.

I will be getting a black interior, and the back seat moving forward is a big plus since we'll have a newborn. I think you can get a cover for the back, does it not come with one? I don't really like the cup holders, but...if everything else is good, guess I'll have to live with it.

dannie
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I personally haven't had any issues other than the above. Mind you, I drive in the winter only. Hope it works out!