PDA

View Full Version : Which Province Is The Best To Buy A Car In

roblo
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I hope the question doesn't sound to naive. We'll be moving to Montreal next summer though we may ultimately consider other West coast cities like Vancouver or Victoria BC to live in later on. Are there any material advantages to buying a new car in Montreal for instance versus Vancouver BC? And are there any major complications in re-registering a car in another Province down the road?

funkedelic
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
well you will need to do an out of province inspection if you buy a car in one province and try to insure and register it in another.

I would avoid buying a used car in Quebec and Ontario because a lot of them get rusted out due to their winters. Cars are generally cheaper in those 2 provinces compared to Alberta/BC

nbaker00
08-02-2008, 06:48 PM
BC FTW. I'm usually out there every week or buy online in Vancouver.
Cars never see salt, and always come back rust free:thumbsup:

roblo
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
nbaker...is there an online website you recommend. It seems so much more difficult to get dealer invoice and other information related to what people are actually paying in Canada then it is in the US

Jlude
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, provinces like NB.. (Not sure about others) charge tax on used vehicles even with private sales.

Also, as funk said, If you look on the autotrader.ca, cars in quebec are always cheaper. But, the east coast uses heavy amounts of salt.

I'd say if you're gonna buy a car, stay out in either BC or AB.

nbaker00
08-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by roblo
nbaker...is there an online website you recommend. It seems so much more difficult to get dealer invoice and other information related to what people are actually paying in Canada then it is in the US

I have password protected dealer sites in Canada and the US.
If you are looking for assistance in locating a specific vehicle, PM me.

RATM
08-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Jlude
08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
^^^

:rofl: :rofl:

What did he say to get banned? TNation... banned again.

nbaker00
08-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
^^^

:rofl: :rofl:

What did he say to get banned? TNation... banned again.

haha... advertising i think.. he bumped like every thing in general car talk asking people to PM him for a good deal on cars haha.:rofl:

roblo
08-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Am I completely wrong in my thinking that if the US and Canadian dollars are at parity more or less that Dealer Invoice in the US and Canada should also be about the same?

And if ..... and I know this is an issue in Canada right now....how are the dealers getting away with charging $4,000 to $8,000 more on Honda CRV for instance?

Though it seems Hyundais are priced at something approaching what would be considered normal