PDA

View Full Version : removing files from broken laptop?

LiquidK
08-03-2008, 02:52 PM
the lcd isnt working, i think its a motherboard issue but its covered under my warranty, so im sending it in for repairs. in the process of repairing it, theyre going to reset the hd to factory settings, and formatting it, so im losing alot of personal files, is there anyway i can remove the files from the harddrive and place them on an external harddrive before sending it in?

thanks in advance

Pacman
08-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I have an external HD that is two parts...a case and the physical HD inside. It's a 2.5' laptop size.

If you like, you could use my case and plug the HD from your laptop into it....and then copy all the files to another HD?

I'm sure the computer geeks on here will suggest a much easier and more efficient way of doing it.

eblend
08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
I have an external HD that is two parts...a case and the physical HD inside. It's a 2.5' laptop size.

If you like, you could use my case and plug the HD from your laptop into it....and then copy all the files to another HD?

I'm sure the computer geeks on here will suggest a much easier and more efficient way of doing it.

That is the easiest way of doing it