PDA

View Full Version : Lexus F-sport parts for the IS 250/350

jadeboy
08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I recently brought the F-Sport Intake from Lexus of Calgary.. and installed it with one of my friend. The intake was $416 with installation it would have been $526 for my Lexus IS 350. I was not able negotiate on the intake.

I might install the F-Sport Sway Bar $378 ($598 with installation) for AutoCross and Road Track. Anyone been able to negotiate a price on the part + installation? I might just get the part and get it installed at another location because of the cost to install? I will not be able to install the Sway Bar like the intake which was easy.

max_boost
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I doubt you can negotiate on dealer installed parts. Unless redlyne_mr2 can do something for you. He works at Lexus.

Zephyr
08-04-2008, 02:07 AM
I took a fully F sport loaded IS350 to an auto-x once, honestly I didn't feel a big difference for the price you have to pay for them, brakes were nice though.

jadeboy
08-04-2008, 03:08 AM
I am may install the Sway bar for the IS 350 because I was disappointed in IS-F.. It will be an upgrade..

The IS-F may not be worth the extra $15K upgrade... I like more power and speed but was a little disappointed with the IS-F when I test drove the car... I noticed an instant difference between the IS 250 vs IS 350 when it comes to power but didn't see much or any different between the IS 350 vs IS-F... maybe I just didn't push the car hard enough or didn't had enough time with it.

In a way I am little disappointed with the IS-F... from all the reviews it's always behind the M3, RS4 and C63.. and all the video I have seen.. its seems a little unstable in comparsion to the other 3 cars. But I have no interest in the other 3 cars because of reliablity issues. Lexus did a good job for their first attempt at the Performance Luxury ... but I expected better... it's not a M3 killer.

Zephyr
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by jadeboy
I am may install the Sway bar for the IS 350 because I was disappointed in IS-F.. It will be an upgrade..

The IS-F may not be worth the extra $15K upgrade... I like more power and speed but was a little disappointed with the IS-F when I test drove the car... I noticed an instant difference between the IS 250 vs IS 350 when it comes to power but didn't see much or any different between the IS 350 vs IS-F... maybe I just didn't push the car hard enough or didn't had enough time with it.

In a way I am little disappointed with the IS-F... from all the reviews it's always behind the M3, RS4 and C63.. and all the video I have seen.. its seems a little unstable in comparsion to the other 3 cars. But I have no interest in the other 3 cars because of reliablity issues. Lexus did a good job for their first attempt at the Performance Luxury ... but I expected better... it's not a M3 killer.

If you want an out of the box sunday track car IS-F is pretty dam good for that. Big difference between IS-F and IS350 for sure. Test drove one in California Speedway on the infield racetrack and wow that thing takes a beating well, gearbox is impressive for sure. The price tag difference I don't know if it's worth it though as well. I've driven an RS4 as well and I loved that thing, I'd get that over the IS-F.