PDA

View Full Version : Blueray...Any deals anywhere??

ekguy
08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Just paid 106$ for 3 movies...Since I used to buy dvd's at the rate of a good half dozen to dozen a week, bluerays might get expensive...Where are you guys buying your bluerays at less than 33$ or more a pop???

That's just ridiculous. Any rental places such as bbv or Rogers have em used yet? Not adversed to used bluerays since I'm sure they'd be well taken care of by most people who have such systems in their homes due to cost of the player.

drew_goring
08-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I am thinking Ebay might be your best bet.

Blu-Ray I don't think are much more expensive than DVDs when they first came out. I remember them being 30 or so dollars. The price will drop as the new technology is adopted but the majority of people.

We just need a reasonably priced Blu-Ray player to get the non tech-savvy people on board.

Seanith
08-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Amazon.com is your friend. Like once a month they'll have buy 2 get 1 free and shit as well. Everytime i've bought blu-rays i've paid around an average of $20 each. Don't buy locally.

toyboy88
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM
London Drugs actually has pretty decent price on new releases each week for BluRay...

Example: I got the new Harold & Kumar for $28.99 at LD, same thing at BestBuy/FS was $32.99. So you save $4, adds up if your buying minimum 4-5 month?

Also HMV usually has some not bad deals too both online/instore...alot of times they have 2 for $40, or 2 for $50 deals going.

:thumbsup:

dragonone
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
i'm surprised no one mentioned sigelectronics yet
next best would be walmart for some oldies (~$15)

amazon.ca (if you use that famous $10 off coupon)
amazon.com, if you dig within the so called used marketplace, there are lots of brand new ones from sellers, but you have to find the ones that have high rating and are willing to ship to canada

hmv's sale is good for one time. their stupid on sale collection never changes. the good deal was when you could buy one get one free at $26.99 for several titles
a month later they bumped the retail prices up to $3x-$4x a title and it was buy TWO get one free

retail is hurtin' in canada for blu-rays, shop online, even with shipping it's cheaper

anarchy
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Check out A&B Sound. Heard they are shutting down so they have some good deals on Blu-Rays, HD-DVDs etc.

bituerbo
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I just bought an upconverting player which will keep me going for another year or two at least.

I'll buy a blu-ray player when they are reasonably priced, and so is the media.