PDA

View Full Version : Ninja ZX-12R -- First Experience

zipdoa
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow!! I got a chance to ride a ZX-12 all week and all I can say is holy shit! My rado feels slow as hell now! Anyone else wanna chime in with their experience on this bike? I found that @ 3500RPM it has a lot of torque, then when you hit 7000+ the world just turns to a blur! I think i'm in love, and for $7500, it must be nearly the best bang for your buck.

Quickstrike
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Wow!! I got a chance to ride a ZX-12 all week and all I can say is holy shit! My rado feels slow as hell now!

This must be your first time riding a sport bike?

Pretty much any crotch rocket will destroy the average car in the straights.

I would suggest starting with a 600cc if this is your first bike. Still has plenty of power and you will enjoy the extra agility.

zipdoa
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Quickstrike

This must be your first time riding a sport bike?

Pretty much any crotch rocket will destroy the average car in the straights.

I would suggest starting with a 600cc if this is your first bike. Still has plenty of power and you will enjoy the extra agility.

Yes, first time... been riding other sorts of motorbikes for a good part of my life (yes, I know, it's not quite the same).

the ZX-12 is my brothers, and I have no money to invest in a bike ATM. Have schrick parts on the way and soon a VF kit for my VR6.

As for agility, 600's must be incredible because I was VERY impressed with how easy the 12R was to lean with and maneuver. Not to mention breathtaking acceleration. I think if I were to buy a bike I would start with something a little bigger... the 12 fits me a lot better than other bikes i've sat on, seems more accommodating to someone who is 6'7 =)

Quickstrike
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

the 12 fits me a lot better than other bikes i've sat on, seems more accommodating to someone who is 6'7 =)

Ouch... and I thought the latest sport bikes weren't that accommodating to my 6'4" height.

In that case the 12 might be a wise choice. Kawasaki tends to offer the greatest seat height out of the Japanese companies.

You will notice that the bikes just keep on getting smaller and smaller each generation. In order to make them faster, they obviously have to reduce the weight -- and some of that comes from decreasing the bikes dimensions.

I ride a '92 Honda CBR600F2 which I find very comfortable.

If you are much over 200lbs (which I would imagine you would be @ 6'7"), the extra CC's will definitely be put to good use.

Check out Calgary Ground Piliots (http://www.groundpilots.com/) (if you haven't already) for some good local motorcycle discussions.