PDA

View Full Version : a cop story

veedub
09-05-2003, 01:50 AM
ok so im driving down bowness rd. and by a store ( marys cornor store ) there ia a 90o turn so i hit it about 50 ........ i get pulled over cop says " u were going fast around that cornor dont u think"

i say" i was doing 50"
cop points to a sign " the sign says 30"
me " the sign recomends 30"

cop looks at the sign again and says slow down and walks away

crapy story but its sweet so see a cop wrong and pissed

rice_eater
09-05-2003, 02:06 AM
i'd say :zzz: but i love to piss off cops so i'm gonna give you a big :thumbsup:

speedracer
09-05-2003, 02:54 AM
You could have received a ticket for stunting or driving in a unsafe manner.

BigMass
09-05-2003, 07:19 AM
why dont they just give people $1000000000000 tickets for breathing air and be done with it? Cops need to do something useful, fight crime or some shit like i read about in comic books.

Ben
09-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
why dont they just give people $1000000000000 tickets for breathing air and be done with it? Cops need to do something useful, fight crime or some shit like i read about in comic books.

:rolleyes:

girlRACER
09-05-2003, 08:14 AM

:werd: :rofl:

kaput
09-05-2003, 09:48 AM

hjr
09-05-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
i'd say :zzz: but i love to piss off cops so i'm gonna give you a big :thumbsup:

well you do realize there is a difference between the areas in the police force. For example, homicide deals with murders, Narcotics (vice???WTF was i thinking) deals with drugs, and traffic devision gives out tickets. Thats their job. There already ARE cops out solving crimes, and there not doing too bad a job. Now the traffic cops also deal in crime, but they are more along the lines of judges than investigators most of the time. But back to my point, its thier job to give out tickets. If a person is breaking the LAW, they cannot complain about a ticket, It was deserved. Now in this case, veedub was right, the cop was wrong. Good on him. But im kinda tired of hearing some folks badmouthing the the police. they do thier job and its to stop dumbass folk such as ourselves from speeding and in general acting a fool whilest driving.

BTW- did you just mention that your an avid reader of comic books?

Hollywood
09-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by hjr

well you do realize there is a difference between the areas in the police force. For example, homicide deals with murders, vice deals with drugs, and traffic devision gives out tickets. Thats their job. There already ARE cops out solving crimes, and there not doing too bad a job. Now the traffic cops also deal in crime, but they are more along the lines of judges than investigators most of the time. But back to my point, its thier job to give out tickets. If a person is breaking the LAW, they cannot complain about a ticket, It was deserved. Now in this case, veedub was right, the cop was wrong. Good on him. But im kinda tired of hearing some folks badmouthing the the police. they do thier job and its to stop dumbass folk such as ourselves from speeding and in general acting a fool whilest driving.

We don't need your lesson in police issues.

I guess that explains why the traffic cop pulls me me over thinking I have drugs and a murderer and decide that I need excessive screaming at me while both are approaching with their guns drawn ready to possibly shoot me,....oh it's because they are only traffic cops that wish they were on "vice" or "homicide"!

I have no personal respect for police these days. They will need to earn the respect back to me. :thumbsdow

Fluidic
09-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I have no personal respect for police these days. They will need to earn the respect back to me. :thumbsdow

Agreed. Well said! :D

Peter

Ajay
09-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Vice cops don't deal with drugs....that would be narcotics cops. Vice deals with prostitution and stuff like that.

I agree that they're just trying to do their job.....they have a job to do just like everyone else. Sucks for them they get such a bad rap cause some of the cops are assholes.

I've had encounters with plenty of asshole cops who think they're the king shit and they get no respect from me cause they are the type of people who demand respect from you just because they're wearing a uniform. I've also had run in's with cops that are pretty chillin and easy going and experiences of getting tickets from them was actually not a bad thing cause they talked to me like I was an actual human being and not someone "below" them.

Weapon_R
09-05-2003, 11:48 AM

I guess that explains why the traffic cop pulls me me over thinking I have drugs and a murderer and decide that I need excessive screaming at me while both are approaching with their guns drawn ready to possibly shoot me,....oh it's because they are only traffic cops that wish they were on "vice" or "homicide"!

Right. :rolleyes:

Because every cop that has pulled me over has their gun drawn when approaching the car. Have you ever thought about why he did that? Did you give him a reason to? And if not, did you stop to think about the homicide that took place a day/week/month earlier whose description matched yours? Or were you too busy thinking about why the cop "screamed" at you. Awww.

Ajay
09-05-2003, 12:38 PM
:werd:

hjr
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM

We don't need your lesson in police issues.

So what you saying is that they thought you had drugs and had killed someone and were therefore dangerous. Well i guess i dont get it. If i though somebody was dangerous i would sure have my gun drawn. I mean Boo Hoo, they didnt shoot you, they didnt charge you with murder or whatever. No big deal. Would you really rather they didnt pull suspected criminal incase it was someone else who might feel all bad inside? Probably not. I understand that i would suck to be in that situation. Suck indeed, but their actions, from you description, seem More than justified.

Hollywood
09-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Right. :rolleyes:

Because every cop that has pulled me over has their gun drawn when approaching the car. Have you ever thought about why he did that? Did you give him a reason to? And if not, did you stop to think about the homicide that took place a day/week/month earlier whose description matched yours? Or were you too busy thinking about why the cop "screamed" at you. Awww.

Originally posted by hjr

So what you saying is that they thought you had drugs and had killed someone and were therefore dangerous. Well i guess i dont get it. If i though somebody was dangerous i would sure have my gun drawn. I mean Boo Hoo, they didnt shoot you, they didnt charge you with murder or whatever. No big deal. Would you really rather they didnt pull suspected criminal incase it was someone else who might feel all bad inside? Probably not. I understand that i would suck to be in that situation. Suck indeed, but their actions, from you description, seem More than justified.

Fuck you both, you don't know shit. WeaponR I was getting pulled over when you were still trying to get in Mary Jane Rotten Crotch's panties in grade 6, so I can tell you I don't need any schooling from any of you.

Your rationales are "excuses" for the stereo typing that is going on. I was going to the movies with my girlfriend doing 78 in a 60 zone, dont think that was worth the threats., yelling, guns, and harrasment. But this was only 1 event. I carry a tape recorder with me now in my car for when I get pulled over.

E36M3
09-05-2003, 06:53 PM

WeaponR I was getting pulled over when you were still trying to get in Mary Jane Rotten Crotch's panties in grade 6, so I can tell you I don't need any schooling from any of you.

I carry a tape recorder with me now in my car for when I get pulled over.

You must be old if you still carry a tape recorder. My want to enter 1995 and get a video camera.. might be more effective to document your police 'harassment'.

boyforsale
09-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Once, my dad got pulled over in his truck in America and he thought it was because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, which he wasn't. So when the cop was walking to the truck my dad quickly fastened the seatbelt and the cop didn't even notice, gave my pops a ticket for speeding.

sxtasy
09-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes. The asshole cops make all the cops look bad. I've gotten a seatbelt ticket in front of a grocery store. I always buckle up once I pull out of my parking stall and start driving. As soon as I got into my car and started pulling out, a cop in a bike pulled up and gave me a ticket for no seat belt (I was just pulling out of the parking spot), sure I was in the wrong but come on, and he treated me like a peice of shit. I've also had cops let me go for speeding and no registration (didn't have it with me) and he treated me like a human being. So save all the bashing, some cops decent, some are shit...nothin you can do about it. It is probably alot better in Calgary than in the states.

Hollywood
09-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes. The asshole cops make all the cops look bad.

I never said there were no nice cops. But remember your own quote;

"The asshole cops make all the cops look bad"= No respect for any of them for me.

I'm done with this thread, not looking at it again.

-APEX-
09-08-2003, 01:49 AM
pigs are funny when they get proved wrong by kids lol theres this cop in s-more trying to ticket people over for speeding and were coming up behind him and we pull up to him and say its kinda hard to pull someone over with your bliker going off and you litte flashing light in the back and the cop is alike "oh well i guess i better be going to another spot now" gets in his car all red fased and drives off

rice_eater
09-08-2003, 03:00 AM
Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes.

very TRUE! one night a cop let me off a street racing charge because he said my insurance hike would rape me! another night a cop pulled me over and gave me a breathalizer and since i passed and he couldn't get me for that he decided to give me a stunting ticket :thumbsdow Cops are human too...and out there there are nice people and assholes

403Gemini
09-11-2003, 01:41 AM

oh right, so if your car or house gets broken into who do you call? your "gangsta friends"? lmfao grow up. they risk their lives everday they do their job. There is ALWAYS a chance a cop can be killed. A cop gave a guy a speeding ticket turned around to walk away and the guy was a lunatic and shot the cop in the back of the head.

Have some fuckin respect

403Gemini
09-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

very TRUE! one night a cop let me off a street racing charge because he said my insurance hike would rape me! another night a cop pulled me over and gave me a breathalizer and since i passed and he couldn't get me for that he decided to give me a stunting ticket :thumbsdow Cops are human too...and out there there are nice people and assholes

i remeber i was sittin at a 22x intersection goin straight and in the van to my left was a van with 2 kids who had their moms vehicle for the nite. light goes green and they throw a block of wood at my fuckin car! so i do an illegal dual lane turn and chase their asses (car between us) so they escape into mackenzie cause the car infront of me stopped at the fuckin redlight. So light goes green i swerve around car and book it down the main road of mackenzie doin 140 in a 50 zone... cop pulls me over is like "do you know how fast your goin?" im like "uhhh 140...ish?" he just alughed and was like "wow! didt think you were goin that fast.... well ill be here all nite so if i catch you again, ill nail you" i just chuckled a bit and told him have a good nite he smiled and nodded.

Man have respect and they are good peeps

BigMass: sorry didnt mean to come off rude. I wanna be a cop so i have top respect for em. I know half the shit they go through. hell half my friends are cops, my father in law is a cop.

cbr_ryder
09-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Regardless of what anyone says, some cops are nice and some are assholes. The asshole cops make all the cops look bad. I've gotten a seatbelt ticket in front of a grocery store. I always buckle up once I pull out of my parking stall and start driving. As soon as I got into my car and started pulling out, a cop in a bike pulled up and gave me a ticket for no seat belt (I was just pulling out of the parking spot), sure I was in the wrong but come on, and he treated me like a peice of shit. I've also had cops let me go for speeding and no registration (didn't have it with me) and he treated me like a human being. So save all the bashing, some cops decent, some are shit...nothin you can do about it. It is probably alot better in Calgary than in the states.

True... there are some good ones out there, I did a catwalk through an intersection right in front of a cop on 14th just north of counrty hills blvd. When he pulled me over he said that I was doin 110km/h in a 50 zone, checked my liscence and registration, then came out and said "I don't want to see that nice bike wrapped around a tree, no more catwalks on my streets"nice guy. That's a lot more than I can say for robo-bitch that was with him, she would have cuffed me in a second if he wasn't there.

2fast4u
09-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cbr_ryder

True... there are some good ones out there, I did a catwalk through an intersection right in front of a cop on 14th just north of counrty hills blvd. When he pulled me over he said that I was doin 110km/h in a 50 zone, checked my liscence and registration, then came out and said "I don't want to see that nice bike wrapped around a tree, no more catwalks on my streets"nice guy. That's a lot more than I can say for robo-bitch that was with him, she would have cuffed me in a second if he wasn't there.

haha maybe robobitch just wanted a piece.

Z24
09-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Some cops I've ran into are nice, probably because it was still early in the monthly and not yet desprite to fill their quota yet. HEHE. Some are really bad. But the bad one make every other cop look bad, just like some young drivers make US ALL look bad to the cops and insurance companies.

403Gemini
09-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Z24
Some cops I've ran into are nice, probably because it was still early in the monthly and not yet desprite to fill their quota yet. HEHE. Some are really bad. But the bad one make every other cop look bad, just like some young drivers make US ALL look bad to the cops and insurance companies.

ApexDrift
09-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by cbr_ryder

True... there are some good ones out there, I did a catwalk through an intersection right in front of a cop on 14th just north of counrty hills blvd.

hey i saw that!...if it was you!? all i have to say is "NICE CATWALK"!!!!!:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
but i dont think you were goin 110...but what do i know!

ummm....oh yeah some "POPO's" are dicks some arent... i got my car towed and the cop that pulled me over gave me a ride home!...another cop pulled me over cuz he though i had drugs in the car, cuffed me and at the same time smashed my head in to my hood...then they found out that i didnt have drugs the car, then he gave me the most sincere apologe i have ever had then i recived a letter from the cop him self saying sorry again... all i got to say is that they're human too

oh yeah some cops let you go easy if they think you have a future this one cop gave me so much additude most likely because he thought that i was like some gangsta! (which im not) then his partner looked in my back set and thought he saw cases for machettes (which they were not) they searched my car then found out that those cases are cases for my enginnering scales and that im a god damn eng student they did like a total 180 in their tone of voice! they got nice then they like total forgot about the ticket

all i got to say is that they're human too

most of my incounters have been good with cop probably because im nice to them

00redLUDE
09-23-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm not a big contributor to the website as you may see from the number of my post. But because of this thread I have to vent and let off some steam. This might be a bit long.

Last week I'm sleeping away when my wife (I'm a bit older :) ) wakes me up, CRYING!! Someone broke into her car, parked in an unerground garage, and stole something (never mind what, just be sure that it had A HUGE sentimental value for her). Value over $1500. So her and I go to the nearest police station, district 1, a female police officer asked what she can do for us. Told her that my wife's car was broken into.

Here comes the attitude. 'why did you come here? why didn't you go to the closest station'

"you are the closest station"

'how did they get in?'

"driver side door was opened"

'did they brake the glass' "no" 'did you leave the door unlocked' "no" 'then how did they get in' "i don't know" 'did you leave the valuable out in plain sight' 'why would you leave it in your car' 'let me see your car' TOTAL ATTITUDE!!!

Here's the kicker, my wife is all upset and distraught so i'm doing the talking then the police officer goes 'can she talk' "yes" 'then why don't you let her talk'

Unbelievable. Treated us like the criminals. We did NOTHING wrong. We were the VICTIMS here.

I couldn't believe it, we file a report and all she tells us is 'i'll put it in the computer but you might want to look in the pawn shops for the stolen goods'. That's it, no help what so ever!!

NO COMPASSION WHATSOEVER!!! Didn't even tell us her name. I want to file a complaint, I have her badge number from the report. Don't know if anything will be done but I couldn't believe it.

It's incidents like these and the others I have read about that give the police the bad name. I really don't have much respect for them anymore, NONE :thumbsdow

If anyone has a good story about the police then they should post it. I'm not taking about getting off a ticket or some police officer shaving off their hair for cancer. I'm talking about a police officer going that extra mile to help the public without any expectation for gain afterwards (eg. doing it for a good looking female). I really doubt that the thread well be very long at all, but I could be wrong. It's going to take something like that to make me change my mind about the police.

I have other negative stories about the police that involves abuse of their powers but I won't post those. Doesn't matter either, I think my experience with them this time did it all.

Thanks for letting me vent. :thumbsup:

ApexDrift
09-23-2003, 04:23 PM
alright! i retract my previous they're fcuking dicks!...acctually i think the female ones are, I was on my way to banana jaks for a drink so i turn in to the parking lot then all of a sudden two cop cars pull in shine the light at me and my friend with was following behind, the cop gets out of the cruiser then jsut starts fcukin bitching at us! like literally yelling at us! and she just kept on asking "what going on here?" and i kept on replying "nothin just goin for a drink" and they just kept on inspecting our cars like they were stolen or something... like fcuk the bitch had her hand on the baton the whole time just ready to kick my ass...

they ticketed us with unsafe lane change and an unsafe turn...like fuck the road was empty!we were going speed limit the bitch said we cut lanes but i dont belive we did... the cops have just lost my respect for them...well the female ones at least...i wonder if its the PMS that make them so eager to kick some ass:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

tommy1223
09-23-2003, 05:02 PM
EVERYONE HATES COPS....but they are just doing their job. traffic cops give tickets because that's what they do. it doesent mean that they dont know how to do all the other stuff, it's just that they like doing that the best.

the reason why they are assholes and things towards people is that they've see first hand on thigns that u would never see in normal life. they see kids getting killed speeding or killing other people cuz of their reckless driving. They give you a ticket is because they've seen enough of that crap and dont want anymore people dying.

i have a bunch of cop friends, this is what they tell me everytime. most of the time they are out there alone with backup 10 min away, that's y they have to be such assholes about things. it's either you scare your suspect or they will they wont be intimmadated by u and kill you.

tommy1223
09-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
alright! i retract my previous they're fcuking dicks!...acctually i think the female ones are, I was on my way to banana jaks for a drink so i turn in to the parking lot then all of a sudden two cop cars pull in shine the light at me and my friend with was following behind, the cop gets out of the cruiser then jsut starts fcukin bitching at us! like literally yelling at us! and she just kept on asking "what going on here?" and i kept on replying "nothin just goin for a drink" and they just kept on inspecting our cars like they were stolen or something... like fcuk the bitch had her hand on the baton the whole time just ready to kick my ass...

they ticketed us with unsafe lane change and an unsafe turn...like fuck the road was empty!we were going speed limit the bitch said we cut lanes but i dont belive we did... the cops have just lost my respect for them...well the female ones at least...i wonder if its the PMS that make them so eager to kick some ass:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

that might be because of they probably had a suspect matching your discription or your vehicle discription that might just commited a huge crime. that's y she has her hands on her baton the whole time and kept asking your questions over and over again to see if u have the same story as your passenger or sometihing.

Melinda
09-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
well the female ones at least...i wonder if its the PMS that make them so eager to kick some ass:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
There's that PMS bullshit again :rolleyes: Give it up.

Here's a good cop story...

Last winter FD and I were out on our way to pick up a friend. It was a particularly crappy night on the roads and to get to the friend's house we had to go up a hill...not incredibly steep but enough to make it damn near impossible to get up on stock jetta tires...there were others slipping and stuck all around us so we weren't alone, but there was a police officer on the hill helping to direct other drivers around all the cars that were stuck...next thing you know, this cop is over helping to push us up this hill...dont think we would have made it home that night without him and the local neighborhood kids that saw the situation and came over to help too.

3G
09-23-2003, 05:22 PM
yeah some cops are cool..we had this one in our school. Constable Macdonald, he was the most down-to-earth guy you can meet. never did he press one charge or neither handed out one ticket. If someone got ticketed or charged, he would tell them how to go fight it and shit. That's one good cop.

Then this year we get a new asshole who comes from Fowler, first day he tells us "I'm going to press as much charges as I can". He bitches at us for walking 1 foot out of the crosswalk..damn mofo!

and "ApexDrift" It's not the PMS, it's people giving them hard times. I've ran into as many "asshole" cops as I've seen "bitch" cops.!

ApexDrift
09-24-2003, 02:04 PM
yeah ok guys i know its not the PMS thing was not cool that was just a rude comment...sorry bout that... but yeah i know that theres lots of asshole cops and some nice cops ive had a run in with both... i wish melinda's cop was the one that ran in to us when we needed help, the cop we ran into just laughed at up and said"we'll watch" this was the exact same situation as melinda's...like fcuk buddy your a civil servent, i even asked for help he just said "no!... we'll watch"...but anyways im not saying all are bad
i understand that cops are doing there jobs and its there job to be "dicks" (so to say) whatever i dont care any more, if they're nice thats great if they're asshole's fine... roll with the punches i guess thats my 2 cents

403Gemini
09-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE

Unbelievable. Treated us like the criminals. We did NOTHING wrong. We were the VICTIMS here.

I couldn't believe it, we file a report and all she tells us is 'i'll put it in the computer but you might want to look in the pawn shops for the stolen goods'. That's it, no help what so ever!!

NO COMPASSION WHATSOEVER!!! Didn't even tell us her name. I want to file a complaint, I have her badge number from the report. Don't know if anything will be done but I couldn't believe it.

what did you want them to do? buy you a new one? honestly, they get over hundreds of break ins a day, what makes you think you'll get the royal treatment?

It's incidents like these and the others I have read about that give the police the bad name. I really don't have much respect for them anymore, NONE :thumbsdow

okay so if your wife gets raped, dont goto the cops. (not saying she will im just saying your blowing your wad on nothing. anything goes wrong you turn to them so dont shit talk them)

And the hand on the baton, they hafta do that at nite. My buddy keith whos a cop almost had 2 guys rush him for a ticket. pulls out his batton and they stopped then filed a complaint against him for pulling it otu when they were about to beat the piss otuta him. does that make any sense?

thing is tommy 1223 is 100% right, they deal with so much shit that they dont have the time to be mr/mrs perfect officer. fuck ive been working retail for over 2 1/2 years now and some days i come in and im the rudest asshole to customers (unless they are poilite first then ill just choke down my anger)

as said above "They are humans too"

wildflower
01-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Well I have a few good stories about cops but they are all about 1 cop and his many good deeds. I would say that our local OPP force consist of about 30 officers, and out of that 30 officers there is only 1 good cop. Jim has pulled my husband over for speeding about 6 times in the past 22 yrs and never gave him a ticket. Just a warning to slow down and to check to see if our sons were buckled up. (which they always were) One night about 4 years ago our 2 oldest sons were out on our atv helping their dad do snow removal when the atv ran out of gas and left our boys stranded in the village around midnight. They had no where to go and nothing was open. Jim pulled up and asked the boys what was their problem. When the boys told him that they had run out of gas, Jim drove out to his own home and got the boys some gas out of his garage and then drove back into town to give it to them so that they could get home. I tried to pay him for the gas the next day but he wouldnt take it. If it had been any other cop that night the boys would have been fined for no helmets ect.. and left on the street in the middle of a snow storm.
Unfortunatly when our oldest son was arrested a year ago, he was off duty and our son was subjected to abuse from the rest of the force. I used to have respect for the law but after the way my son was treated that night, I can't respect a bunch of high payed bullies. In my husband's hay day, he had a few run ins with the law, usually for bar fights ect. One night someone called the police because my husband's friend was being too loud in the restaurant. When the 2 officers came in and grabbed my husband by the coat and dragged him off his chair, he snapped and threw the 2 cops around the restaurant. (one cop was off for 6 months due to back injuries) He was finally cuffed and stuffed and charged with 2 counts of assulting a police officer. He was told that he would be going to jail for this one. When it went to court, the judge dismissed the charges because he felt the 2 police officers had acted out of line and that they got what they deserved. About 20 some yrs ago my husband was out at a dance when a fight broke out. The cops tried to break up the fight but the crowd turned on the cops and they were gettng the piss knocked out of them. My husband jumped in and saved their asses. Jim was one of those cops! "One good turn deserves another"

GoChris
01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
holy shit im not gonna read your one paragraph 2 page reply. my god man the post was over a year old! :closed:

91rss
01-04-2005, 12:18 PM
as for seat belts ,you can have them off when you back up.

5.9 R/T
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
My question is A) why was this thread brought back from the dead and B) what are you fuckwads doing to attract so much attention from the cops? Do you wear a sign that says "Hey Police look at me I'm a cocky teenager/twenty-something that is just dieing to get pulled over so I can give you attitude and then complain about the ticket you give me" All this fucking whineing about how cops consistantly pick on you guys and you did nothing wrong is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Stop pulling stupid shit on the streets, show some respect for the traffic laws and maybe you will get some respect in return (read: not get pulled over).

DayGlow
01-05-2005, 12:16 AM
FYI, if we are pulling someone over and it's a situation where guns are drawn, the hell we would approach the car and become a target. The occupants would be talked back and proned out.

*edit* just realized this thread is almost 2 years old.

blueripper6
01-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Of course the bad stories will out weigh the good ones, most people only see cops when they break the law.."fuk3n pig busted me for streeet racin when i hit the crub he jumped over the fents to give me a loud of tickets"

But to the person in ontario, I think that your son is full of shit, hes straight up lieing to you probably..

You dont have to respect the police, just dont talk to them, dont attract them and u wont have problems.

iblizzard
01-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by veedub
i say" i was doing 50"
cop points to a sign " the sign says 30"
me " the sign recomends 30"

Those signs aren't recommendations. They are actual speed limits. He could easily have given you a ticket had he clocked you.

Plus, why do ANYTHING even remotely close to illegal while in bowness? there are cops everywhere!!!

FiveFreshFish
01-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
Those signs aren't recommendations. They are actual speed limits.

Yelllow signs are recommended speeds. White signs are regulatory speeds.

DayGlow
01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
yellow signs are cautions and recommondations. Basically the theoridical limit for a corner is x3 the speed on the sign.

iblizzard
01-05-2005, 06:27 AM
I've heard that they were actual speed limits. But I suppose it's very possible I'm wrong.

I'll have to go pick up one of those traffic rulebook things... I'm sure they're all fancy these days.

GoChris
01-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
yellow signs are cautions and recommondations. Basically the theoridical limit for a corner is x3 the speed on the sign.

Originally posted by iblizzard
I've heard that they were actual speed limits. But I suppose it's very possible I'm wrong.

I'll have to go pick up one of those traffic rulebook things... I'm sure they're all fancy these days.

no maybes about it, you are wrong, a cop just informed you of that fact. yellow means caution, usually a bit slower than needed, but in winter the caution actually ends up being about the right speed on snowy roads.