PDA

View Full Version : Are people throttle happy these days??

impressions
08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok just because i drive a tuned car doesn't mean i drag you to the next red light, i mean sure i make loud noises, but is it really necessary? it's not like i am provoking you. Today i already had 3 people want to race me at the red light, come on high octane is expensive these days despite it dropping a little. Sorry just a little rant...

Toms-SC
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
10/10

S13_Ryan
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
yes, people are throttle happy these days. reminds me of the idiot driving a dark blue 180sx/240sx that put his car through a cement wall this weekend in mckenzie while trying to drift around the corner lol:banghead:

SR240SX
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
:repost:

89s1
08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
*twirls finger*

How do you know they wanted to race you. maybe those 3 people heard a strange sound coming from thier engine and were revving it to make sure everything was alright while they had a moment stopped.

Its not always about racing, maybe you should relax your grip on the shifter there Paul Walker.

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Doesn't matter what you drive.

Some people just have to accelerate faster than the car next to them. They're just insecure.

DannyO
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan
yes, people are throttle happy these days. reminds me of the idiot driving a dark blue 180sx/240sx that put his car through a cement wall this weekend in mckenzie while trying to drift around the corner lol:banghead:

You talking about the nice big dent in the wall on Mckenzie Blvd near the Esso?

TeamBestBud
08-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Doesn't matter what you drive.

Some people just have to accelerate faster than the car next to them. They're just insecure.

:(

AE92_TreunoSC
08-05-2008, 05:44 AM
I like to provoke them, I've gotten more then my fair share of mustangs in trouble by simply reving my engine back :D

YamahaV8
08-05-2008, 06:48 AM
As much as I completely agree that some people are throttle happy, when you drive a car that looks and sounds fast you have to expect some attention. If you don't like the attention then trade the car in for a hyundai.

toastgremlin
08-05-2008, 07:27 AM
The thing is, I don't even drive a car that demands attention (see profile).

People even rev their engines for me at the light when I'm driving a pickup truck. It must be new drivers' license season or something, or my habit of going the speed limit in the middle and rightmost lanes has suddenly irritated the remainder of Calgary.

I will freely admit to accidentally making a Mercedes take off on Macleod by revving the engine to check if my rough idle was because of the cold or if the 2200 head gasket had finally died.

jhmed
08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by YamahaV8 If you don't like the attention then trade the car in for a hyundai.

The sad part about that theory is: I drive an Accent as my DD, and it is untouched save for some tinted windows (+10HP LOL). People want to race me at the lights too...

Tik-Tok
08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
People are just douches.

A guy was revving the shit out of his engine beside my wife on her way to work the other day... SHE WAS ON A FRACKING BICYCLE.

BlkMaxima
08-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan

Originally posted by DannyO

You talking about the nice big dent in the wall on Mckenzie Blvd near the Esso?

Lol,

I came back from vacation. I drove down Mckenzie blvd and saw the hole. I couldn't figure out how it happened because it looked like someone drove off the road at a 90 degree angle and hit it. I didn't see any tire marks either.

Your post explains all.:rofl:

Lex350
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
It's summer isn't it?

bobby_lu
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
... SHE WAS ON A FRACKING BICYCLE.

lol...
:rofl:

*ahem*pics

88CRX
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Lol,

I came back from vacation. I drove down Mckenzie blvd and saw the hole. I couldn't figure out how it happened because it looked like someone drove off the road at a 90 degree angle and hit it. I didn't see any tire marks either.

Your post explains all.:rofl:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/f0/180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg

GTI_Fahrenheit
08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Note: hints of sarcasm in this post/rant

:whocares:

Has it occurred to you that some people just accelerate to the speed limit, not caring who is next to them? or do it because they hope the emissions they produce will help warm our cold climate :D or perhaps the cost of fuel hasn't phased them? I think half the time I fit into all of the above (sadly, I'm not contributing as much as I wish - if only human induced global warming was real).

Not everyone is out to "drag race" someone... then again if they made their car sound like a tractor and look like they can barely shave then it's possible - I visualize the "Claw" when I think of this type of person.

Your comments sounds like some of those BMW drivers that think people pass them because they are in a BMW not because they are driving or accelerating slowly...

That was a good rant this morning, thanks!

Originally posted by impressions
Ok just because i drive a tuned car doesn't mean i drag you to the next red light, i mean sure i make loud noises, but is it really necessary? it's not like i am provoking you. Today i already had 3 people want to race me at the red light, come on high octane is expensive these days despite it dropping a little. Sorry just a little rant...

YamahaV8
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by jhmed

The sad part about that theory is: I drive an Accent as my DD, and it is untouched save for some tinted windows (+10HP LOL). People want to race me at the lights too...

I now have no argument at all :rofl: Your right some drivers are just plain screwed.