PDA

View Full Version : HGH -- Available with/without perscription?

r3cc0s
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm rather interested as I am approaching an age where I have noticed that the recovery time of injuries that I sustain take longer than required and that I've seriously plateu'd with strength training routines.

Not that I usually care to take anything outside of natural, the HGH or Pituitary gland stimulants seem very appealing...

Any suggestions?

broken_legs
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Talk to the big guy with the 300 dollar Gucci's and the matching track suit at the gym, he can hook you up ;-)

zipdoa
08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
No shit, everyone and their little brother is taking steroids.

#1 - It takes time to get big. Not recovering fast enough? Eat more lean meat and take GLUTAMINE.
#2 - Roids are hard on your body, make you look stupid, and inflate your ego
#3 - If you think you're not getting bigger, or somehow you're at a genetic disadvantage, WORK HARDER. If you lift for a year and get minimal/no results, you're being a bitch in the gym.

If you choose to disregard these statements, talk to your local drug dealer. They can always get you a hookup for roids.

r3cc0s
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm certain that "Roids" and HGH share a number of similarities in their results but have different affects and means of which they are delivered

I'm not looking for a "quick" fix
I'm looking for something to help with my glass ankle and left ACL which I sevearly damaged from years of skiing and soccer.

I've been in physio for the last 3 years and the balance exercises have helped, especially with core and stabilizer muscles but yet I'm still spraining my ankle routinely playing my sports

I'm not looking to become all gaudy and Roid pimp'd like the choches at the Gym
just trying to see if I can somewhat reverse the damages done to the legiments and muscles in those regions

zipdoa
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by r3cc0s
I'm certain that "Roids" and HGH share a number of similarities in their results but have different affects and means of which they are delivered

I'm looking for something to help with my glass ankle and left ACL which I sevearly damaged from years of skiing and soccer.

I've been in physio for the last 3 years and the balance exercises have helped, especially with core and stabilizer muscles but yet I'm still spraining my ankle routinely playing my sports

just trying to see if I can somewhat reverse the damages done to the legiments and muscles in those regions

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you we're looking to the results that the MAJORITY of users would. You're injury is obviously bad, and may never come through with a full recovery. However, in your case, you will definately want to be on Omega-3's if you aren't already. Your doctor might prescribe HGH if you can convince them it will help, otherwise maybe turn to homeopathic remedys and maybe a brace?

r3cc0s
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I have yet to take a specific suite of Omega-3's though I do have a healthy intake of it through my diet through fish and eggs.

Perhaps its a start...
HGH appears to help the speed and completion of joint/ligament recovery... which I'd like all the help I can get

broken_legs
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM

Ain't nothing going to fix your ACL but a cadaver or a graft.

I'm on my third;)

D. Dub
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM

HGH appears to help the speed and completion of joint/ligament recovery...

Proof?

GQBalla
08-05-2008, 10:27 PM
google

D. Dub
08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Ummm no. I'm not gonna Google through oodles of google crap on HGH --

I'm just assuming the OP has some evidence since he posted it.

liquidboi69
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM
http://bodybuilding.com/store/hghtop.html

In my opinion, there is no substitute for hard work and a proper diet. Just eat enough proteins, glutamine, BCAAs, eat clean, work hard, rest/sleep enough. No need for anything else.

JAYMEZ
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
HGH is great for repairing your body... BUt it is VERY exspensive , and you need to use it for about 3-6 months before you start to even notice anything! Its great for growing your hair / better skin / nails ect ect.. But if you mix it with roids , you can be a freakin tank and it starts to change your features hardcore.

HGH :
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=82384

jdmXSI
08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
If you concerned with joint/ligaments healing. Have you tried any types of glucosamine? Isn't HGH alittle over kill?

kutt3r
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
http://www.steroid.com/Human-Growth-Hormone.php

Growth hormone also has the ability to stimulate the production (or reproduction, in the case of an injury) of cartilage. This, however, requires the presence of a mediator substance, Somatomedin (IGF), which is released from the liver in response to HGH, and the IGF, in turn, actually promotes the growth of cartilage.(1)

Although it requires IGF to actually grow new cartilage, HGH is directly able to stimulate the elongation of bone tissue.(1), and HGH has also been shown to elicit a positive effects on erythropoeisis (9), which is great for both anabolism as well as endurance.

I love the anti-steroid rants on the board... shows how little is truly known about them. :devil:

While I personal do not and will not use as I have researched and made my own decisions, I never fault anyone on making there own (hopefully) educated decisions.

Lots of info out there, just a matter of filtering it and finding what works for you. Research and understand what you are doing to your body fully, ask the family doctor, mine is a great wealth of knowledge of which he freely shares.

MSM seems to help with my joint pain and is not nearly as hard on the body... Just throwing something out there to think about.

broken_legs
08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
The reason why your ACL doesn't heal on its own like your MCL does is because there is hardly any blood supply into your knee in that area. I snapped my MCL in two and they just sewed it together and it healed on its own. I needed a graft for my ACL(s) and a long ass time before they were healed.

I think you will start having abnormal bone growths before your ACL starts to heal. And what are you going to do, stick a needle inside your knee joint?

Even if your ACL heals and gets stronger, its not going to heal tighter and hold your knee together better, again for this you're going to need surgery.

If you want to stimulate your body to release more of its own GH you can try supplementing with Glutamine after workouts and before bed. I've read a few studies showing it stimulates GH production.

r3cc0s
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I've been taking Glutamine for probably the last 2 years on a recommendation that was given by the sports med clinic and the NSD that I've been trying to rehabilitate with.

My ACL is actuality not nearly as much of an issue as compared with my Ankle. Which at this point I've sprained inside and outside and broke twice.

My balance is so horrific that I can barely stand on my right leg with my eyes shut for more than 20 seconds and the GAIT scan I last had, shows I put 7% more weight on my left leg of which my body is compensating.

So you guys can now understand why I'm as desperate as I am and basically am limited on what types of impact exercises/sports that I can now play.

kutt3r
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
While my ankle is nowhere near as bad as yours, I tore/pulled/stretched every tendon/ligament/muscle in my foot and ankle skydiving and was off it for 8 weeks, then had physio to boot after that... I still roll it frequently as there is very little stability to it as everything is stretched to sh!t.

I have found a noticable difference with the MSM in it, it is not nearly as 'achy' as it was, you will not get instant results though. I found it took about 2-3 weeks before I noticed a thing.
I also have glutimine in my post workout shake along with morning and night time servings.

Also wobble boards and such really do help build the stregth back into the ankle if you do it regularly.

I do feel for you, but I would avoid the HGH unless perscribed, have you spoken with your doc about this or alternatives?

Darkane
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Watch Bigger, Strong, Faster. A new documentary about steroids and performance enhancing drugs. It's pretty good.

One particular scene, The main guy (Chris Bell) goes to the chiropractor for "Anti aging" help. Chris tells him he has a "Hormone difficiency" and the Chiro gives him a take home HGH piss test.

It says since there are no guidelines as to what the normal level of HGH should be in urine, the doctor can interpret the results anyway he wants. So he interprets them as low, gets a Doctor friend of his to sign Chris HGH medicinally and it's done!

Pretty crazy if you think about it.

EDIT: I'm in the same boat with my ankle. I've sprained it Numerous times, fractured it once. My knee has little to no meniscus left and my patella is grinding down. It's not pretty.

My back is getting worse now too. I just freshly re-injured it and my herniated disc is once again putting pressure on my left sciatic and "Pinching the nerve". Pain down my left leg. Fun stuff!

I got a chiropractor appointment today, maybe I'll go on HGH :rofl: :rofl:

r3cc0s
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Watch Bigger, Strong, Faster. A new documentary about steroids and performance enhancing drugs. It's pretty good.

One particular scene, The main guy (Chris Bell) goes to the chiropractor for "Anti aging" help. Chris tells him he has a "Hormone difficiency" and the Chiro gives him a take home HGH piss test.

It says since there are no guidelines as to what the normal level of HGH should be in urine, the doctor can interpret the results anyway he wants. So he interprets them as low, gets a Doctor friend of his to sign Chris HGH medicinally and it's done!

Pretty crazy if you think about it.

EDIT: I'm in the same boat with my ankle. I've sprained it Numerous times, fractured it once. My knee has little to no meniscus left and my patella is grinding down. It's not pretty.

My back is getting worse now too. I just freshly re-injured it and my herniated disc is once again putting pressure on my left sciatic and "Pinching the nerve". Pain down my left leg. Fun stuff!

I got a chiropractor appointment today, maybe I'll go on HGH :rofl: :rofl:

In regards to your knee issues, I too suffer from Patella tendonitus and my right meniscus has been scoped.

My back on the other hand has been quite healthy, knock on wood, and I routinely see a chiropactor twice a month for routine alignment checks. However the affects of my knee/ankle combo have thrown my lower back alignment off so the whole Chiropractic treatment is more mitigation than corrective.

I also use customized Orthodics as now my archs are flat as ducks feet, so yea all and all I'll likely be in a wheelchair by the age of 60.

If HGH can reverse some of the damages that I've inflicted through years of skiing, soccer and football... I'm all for it
Not for the "massive" muscle gains

Darkane
08-06-2008, 05:18 PM

I also use customized Orthodics as now my archs are flat as ducks feet, so yea all and all I'll likely be in a wheelchair by the age of 60.

Lol, by then some super fancy medical procedure will be out. Haven't you seen the Star Trek where Worf got a metal spine?! :rofl: