PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise....

Super_Geo
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Had a long term rental from Enterprise and now I'm getting charged for damage to the car that was there when I got it!

There was a noticable scrape on the passenger door when I got the car, and it was noted on the original 'walk around' papers by the rental guy... but upon returning the car they've somehow lost the original papers!

I can't find my copy either... must've got thrown out with some receipts, but I didn't think anything of it cause... well, come on, how often do the rental people lose paperwork?

Anyway, I made a big stink about it when I was returned the car... that the scratch was there when I rented it, I'm not paying for it, especially not without the form stating the condition of the vehicle as it was handed to me.

Well, two weeks later I see a charge for $358 show up on my credit card form Enterprise.

How should I proceed with this? Should I call their corporate office or something? Or dispute the charge with Visa? I've called the rental place twice and have hit dead ends both times. They still haven't shown me any documentation on the state of the vehicle as it was handed to me, for that would clearly show that the scrape was already there.

$358 isn't a huge amount... I mean, if I got stuck with it it's not the end of the world. But if this charge doesn't get reversed, I'm going to rent a new car from them and take it to some backroads where I will make sure the tires, brakes and suspension are fully fucked by the time it gets back in their hands. I'd call that $40 well spent.

schocker
08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I would say if you are getting nowhere with enterprise, dispute with visa and explain how it was there originally and now they are trying to charge you for it.

Grogador
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Dispute the charges, Visa usually sticks up for you pretty good.

The Wanderer
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Contesting the charge is an option, but I would not make it the first option. They probably have a signature on file. Once you contest the charge the powers that be will be less likely to try to help you. The possibilities of being charged back will make them a lot less likely to be willing to reverse it on thier own.

Tik-Tok
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by The Wanderer
Contesting the charge is an option, but I would not make it the first option. They probably have a signature on file.

If they lost the Inspection paper, they lost the signature that goes on it when you sign it.

Super_Geo
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey Wanderer, thanks a lot for PMing me your horror story with these guys (in which Enterprise tried getting him for a rock chip, and when he got them to produce the previous walk-arounds it showed that they've chared the previous 4 people with the same rock chip!)...

I will try to go the corporate route and ask for the previous 4 walk arounds on the vehicle, it would make a pretty air tight case if the mark was there on prevoius inspections.

Still... who's down for renting a bunch of cars from Enterprise and then setting up an Auto-X course in some remote, rural parking lot? ;)

Schwa
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Sounds expensive...

reiRei
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Hey Wanderer, thanks a lot for PMing me your horror story with these guys (in which Enterprise tried getting him for a rock chip, and when he got them to produce the previous walk-arounds it showed that they've chared the previous 4 people with the same rock chip!)...

I will try to go the corporate route and ask for the previous 4 walk arounds on the vehicle, it would make a pretty air tight case if the mark was there on prevoius inspections.

Still... who's down for renting a bunch of cars from Enterprise and then setting up an Auto-X course in some remote, rural parking lot? ;)

I'm in!

They charged me $400 in insurance when I rented from them, which was supposed to be covered by my insurance company through the "loss of use", still didnt get that $400 back.

Super_Geo
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Schwa
Sounds expensive...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: