PDA

View Full Version : STI Sequential Gearbox?

G-Suede
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Anyone have information on whether Subaru intends on offering a sequential (SMG, DSG) type gearbox on the STI?

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I believe the JDM STi's have a 6spd Sequential Gearbox...WRC style's

benyl
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Not that I have heard. It is what I am waiting for. I need a winter car, but I don't think it will come in time for me.

Aleks
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
My thoughts on this are: Subaru needed to fix their WRX lineup bad and have done it within 1 year. STI will remain as is for 09 with changes coming for 2010 probably more power and some sort of dual clutch trans option.

benyl
08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Aren't there some changes for the '09 STI? They always change something.

Aleks
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Base model will be available in Canada without Nav and BBS and Red color will be available as well.

heavyD
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Base model will be available in Canada without Nav and BBS and Red color will be available as well.

Not really what I would call fixing since the STI can't keep up with an EVO on the track. The WRX will be improved as it badly needed improvement but that will only take sales away from the STI as WRX sales were hurt more from looks than performance. IMO the car won't be officially fixed until a major styling revision. Subaru is losing the sales battle with Mitsubishi in Canada and with the Ralliart soon to be released will give buyers another reason not to buy an Impreza.

benyl
08-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you sure?

I have seen probably 6 different STIs in Calgary. 2008 is sold out (500 or so allotment).

I have yet to see an Evo on the street except for that Platinum promo car.

schocker
08-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Are you sure?

I have seen probably 6 different STIs in Calgary. 2008 is sold out (500 or so allotment).

:werd:
even though i hate the new sti i have seen infinity many sti's in all different colors, but have only seen 2 evox, one being mitsu's at dtp

heavyD
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Are you sure?

Subaru only sells 1500 cars a month in Canada so I have a hard time believing 500 STI's have been sold out at close to $50K. I've seen a couple of MR's and GSX's. Calgary isn't a great market for EVO's as there is a higher Asian and Brown population that seem to be the main buyers for WRX's while in a blue collar city like Edmonton there have been way more EVO's sold.

Aleks
08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Not really what I would call fixing since the STI can't keep up with an EVO on the track. The WRX will be improved as it badly needed improvement but that will only take sales away from the STI as WRX sales were hurt more from looks than performance. IMO the car won't be officially fixed until a major styling revision. Subaru is losing the sales battle with Mitsubishi in Canada and with the Ralliart soon to be released will give buyers another reason not to buy an Impreza.

I stated the 2009 changes which are minimal. 2010 will probably bring a substantial redesign.

Also looks like Mitsubishi is losing the sales race to Subaru not the other way around

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/08/04/canadian-vehicle-sales-rise-in-july.htm

benyl
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I went into Centaur last month. They said that they sold 35 this year. I don't know why they would lie to me given that they couldn't sell me a 2008.

Selling 41 STIs a month doesn't seem that far fetched across Canada given that Vancouver and Toronto have big populations. That is 2.7% of the cars they sell per month.

heavyD
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM

I stated the 2009 changes which are minimal. 2010 will probably bring a substantial redesign.

Also looks like Mitsubishi is losing the sales race to Subaru not the other way around

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/08/04/canadian-vehicle-sales-rise-in-july.htm

Ha Ha. If only one month told the story you need to check the rest of the year. Overall Mitsubishi is outselling Subaru and that's impressive when you consider that they've only been in canada for five years.

G-Suede
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM

Ha Ha. If only one month told the story you need to check the rest of the year. Overall Mitsubishi is outselling Subaru and that's impressive when you consider that they've only been in canada for five years.

At least there was a reference provided, the only thing you have done is spout opinion, speculation, and conjecture. None of which indicate credibility.

Perfect Dark
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Are you on Mitsubishi's payroll or something? Your comments are starting to all read the exact same... have you driven an STi or are you just going off of what you have read online?

Yes, I drive a Subaru, but at least I can appreciate other cars out there. I happen to like the Evo actually...seems like a great car for people who enjoy that kind of styling.

BlackArcher101
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Do you think that not being in Canada for so long actually might have boosted their sales a bit? I knew quite a few people that were just dying to buy mitsubishi after waiting so long.

But really, what the hell is your problem with Subaru? You do nothing but slam it every chance you get. This is a STI thread, either stay out or stfu if you have nothing to add.

Casa
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Dear heavyd
you go on and on and on about Mitsubishi.
why don't you address the problems with their resale? I see time and time again where Mitsubishi has terrible resale values. The EVO X is a nice car yes, but its the only car from Mitsubishi that can somewhat hold their value.

EK 2.0
08-06-2008, 12:29 AM
*ahem*

Aluminum Control Arms and other various Suspension Parts...

*ahem*

Those are some more changes for 09...at least is my understanding...

That.Guy.S30
08-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
*ahem*

Aluminum Control Arms and other various Suspension Parts...

*ahem*

Those are some more changes for 09...at least is my understanding...

afaik aluminum front arms are on the current STi and the previous generation before.

EK 2.0
08-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

afaik aluminum front arms are on the current STi and the previous generation before.

You are correct, but in the 04 to 05MY changes even the rears got Aluminum do-dads. And I have it on pretty decent authority that the 08 to 09MY will see very similar changes...

Aleks
08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

You are correct, but in the 04 to 05MY changes even the rears got Aluminum do-dads. And I have it on pretty decent authority that the 08 to 09MY will see very similar changes...

Anything else you guys know about?

I hope the base STI comes in under base EVO X GSR price. That would be cool. :burnout:

EK 2.0
08-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Anything else you guys know about?

I hope the base STI comes in under base EVO X GSR price. That would be cool. :burnout:

I can and will post up all info I get "leaked" to me...but unfortunately being in the parts department doesn't get me pricing, and ETA information...