PDA

View Full Version : lessons curtiousy of an RSX

Kavy
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
This story begins as I was exiting Macleod onto glenmore east after having a wondering lunch at joeys with a client. time, around 2pm.

It being a merge I came up to speed and joined Glenmore into the middle lane, to my right a Black corvette to my left no one.............or so I thought.

I check my rear view to see you (blue RSX) preparing for a ricer fly by. I speed up to 80 (the speed limit) you do a triple lane change into the left lane going about 120 and fly by me.

Here is where I learned a few lesson's.

Lesson 1 - RSX's with rims are super duper fast and can blow by a wrx no problem.
Lesson 2 - Going 40 over the speed limit is cool if you have a friend in the car.
Lesson 3 - A ricer fly by is not valid unless you and your friend look over with jackass smiles on your faces.

You (Blue RSX) proceed to do another unsafe lane change and maintain your speed.

At this point you learn a few lessons

Lesson 1 - Don't do a ricer fly ever, but if so inclined don't do one when you don't know what cars your flying by.
Lesson 2 - Make sure one of those cars is not an unmarked police vehicle in the right lane.
Lesson 3 - Smiles and funny things, they are here one minute then gone then next when your pulled over by said unmarked police vehicle.

I would like to thank you for making my day, this was one of those perfect moments for me and I will remember it for a lifetime, and I don't think I have ever LAUGHED as hard as I did at that moment.

I would also like to thank you for the lessons I have learned today and i'm sure you are thankful for the lessons you have learned.

Happy motoring!

Tik-Tok
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
:clap:

tobslau
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
:rofl:
Good stuff :D

jay42w8
08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
This is another reason I want to be a cop. lol.

schocker
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
now we wait for the "how to get out of a bs ticket" thread.

Thaco
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
that's when you look at him with a goofy ass grin on your way by :)

syeve
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I have had this happen a few times, never right on front of me, but a stupid ricer fly's by and a few kms down the road you see them pulled over. I always wonder if I should pull over and ask the cop to nail his ass to the wall.

Kavy
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I tried my best to get my camera out to snap a pic but alas i was too busy laughing

Schwa
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
ibcourtesy

good story, though. ;)

sr20s14zenki
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Nice one :thumbsup:

flybys are for homos...:thumbsdow

reiRei
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
lessons learned from a WRX driver:
1. They are unable to spell courtesy

gqmw
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by schocker
now we wait for the "how to get out of a bs ticket" thread.

:rofl: so true, that'll be entertaining haha.

Atriux
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
That's when you drive by them parked on the side of the road and yell "YOU CAN'T PARK THERE, ASSHOLE!" just as they're about to get their ticket.

guessboi
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
:love: I like it, I hate it when I am do almost 10 above limit and people still pulls up right behind me and then changes lane and looks right at me when they go pass me probably thinking why am I so damn slow. :guns:

dj_rice
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Good read....too bad u werent able to get pics...but :thumbsup:

znx
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Good read....too bad u werent able to get pics...but :thumbsup:
Yup! :thumbsup:

:clap:

Skyline_Addict
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
wish i could see stuff like this happen more.:clap:

TACO.VIDAL
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
random internet photo:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5315/ownedricerxw7.jpg

ragu
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Awesome, lets get all the douches off!!

Kloubek
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Kick ass story! I lol'ed indeed.

Kids trying to be cool end up "cooling" off on the curb amidst the flashing lights. Love it.

cynik
08-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
:love: I like it, I hate it when I am do almost 10 above limit and people still pulls up right behind me and then changes lane and looks right at me when they go pass me probably thinking why am I so damn slow. :guns:

If you're in the far left lane and they have time to safely pass you in a lane to your right when you're doing "almost 10 above the limit", you're a douchebag.

broken_legs
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by cynik

If you're in the far left lane and they have time to safely pass you in a lane to your right when you're doing "almost 10 above the limit", you're a douchebag.

Agreed.

Left lane is for fast traffic, not for people who think because they are doing the speed limit they don't have to move over.

Its called curtiousy!

Antonito
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by cynik

I know he wrote the word "right" a couple times, but you'd do well to read the quote as it was written, and take note of the context of which those words were used.

Comprehension is seemingly not your friend. Douche

JRSC00LUDE
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by reiRei

hehehehehe.....:D

guessboi
08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
:rofl: agreed. I like how some of you guys can't read english.
"looks right at me" does not mean he looks at me from the right side. guess some of you guys need to go to some english classes. :D

Originally posted by Antonito

I know he wrote the word "right" a couple times, but you'd do well to read the quote as it was written, and take note of the context of which those words were used.

Kavy
08-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by reiRei

My bad i was laughing while typing so accuracy is a bit off.

I edited it just for you.

I will leave out the lessons learned from a Lancer driver, that's for another thread. :angel:

Casa
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
:eek: :rofl: :rofl:

cynik
08-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

Note that I started the statement with "If". I actually did catch that they never stated being in the far left. Whatever though, flame away. :)

Antonito
08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Well, far be it from me to get in the way of you ranting about something completely unrelated to the topic at hand :D

Rocky
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Nice, one for the good guys :thumbsup:

Kennyredline
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

Agreed.

Left lane is for fast traffic, not for people who think because they are doing the speed limit they don't have to move over.

Its called curtiousy!
That' ridiculous. Slower traffic keep right is for highways, not for roads inside city limits. It makes sense on Deerfoot, because all the exits are off to the right, but even then, I don't remember any "slower traffic keep right" signs in the city limits.

Tik-Tok
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

That' ridiculous. Slower traffic keep right is for highways, not for roads inside city limits. It makes sense on Deerfoot, because all the exits are off to the right, but even then, I don't remember any "slower traffic keep right" signs in the city limits.

Deerfoot has them, and it's in city limits :D

I'd say it makes sense for any major road that is 80+km/h, but not for slower ones like Macleod, or 17th, etc.

Kennyredline
08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Deerfoot has them, and it's in city limits :D

I'd say it makes sense for any major road that is 80+km/h, but not for slower ones like Macleod, or 17th, etc.
Well, like I said, that makes sense...moreso because Deerfoot is controlled by the province, not the city, and the limit is up there, and all the exits are to the right...it is a highway for sure. For any other road in the city, some turnoffs are to the left, and I'm not gonna drive to the right, then lane-change so some DOUCHEBAG (great word) can fly by me at twice the limit.

89s1
08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by guessboi

If you were in the passing lane, I'd give you all the same dirty looks and more.

"slower traffic keep right" Doesn't matter if you're doing fucking light speed. If someone wants to overtake you GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.

89s1
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM

You fail at driving.

Edit: You're probably one of those guys that goes down the passing lane of john laurie blvd. or anderson rd. and just sits right under the speed limit.

GQBalla
08-06-2008, 06:09 PM
good story!

Lizard_king
08-06-2008, 06:31 PM
:drama:

avishal26
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

If you were in the passing lane, I'd give you all the same dirty looks and more.

"slower traffic keep right" Doesn't matter if you're doing fucking light speed. If someone wants to overtake you GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.

I think Ludacris said it best -

"I'm doin' a hundred on the highway
So if you do the speed limit, get the F*** outta my way"

I had so much fun listening to this song and Roll Out - Ludacris while passing a whole bunch of people on the highway in BC last weekend :D

I should get a loudspeaker outside my car like the cops and play Move Bitch just for kicks down deerfoot :D:D:D

Grogador
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, like I said, that makes sense...moreso because Deerfoot is controlled by the province, not the city, and the limit is up there, and all the exits are to the right...it is a highway for sure. For any other road in the city, some turnoffs are to the left, and I'm not gonna drive to the right, then lane-change so some DOUCHEBAG (great word) can fly by me at twice the limit.

I have to kinda somewhat agree here, it is mostly highways and some of the faster thoroughfares in the city, and even then only when you're not turning left anytime soon... There's not that many straight sections of road where there isn't an intersection every 700m, so who the fuck made you king shit of the road? I'm not likely to move over so you can ricer flyby at 80kph down Elbow Drive, in fact it's more likely that I will go 10 under with the guy beside me just to admire the steam emanating from your empty head.

cloud7
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
So you were racing with the RSX on the street??? I take it that you were not. The RSX wasn't exactly doing a ricer's flyby if you guys weren't racing. I could be wrong but isn't a ricer's flyby done when a race is over and the slower car passes (flyby) the faster car? From your story, the RSX was just speeding.

whiskas
08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
I have to kinda somewhat agree here, it is mostly highways and some of the faster thoroughfares in the city, and even then only when you're not turning left anytime soon... There's not that many straight sections of road where there isn't an intersection every 700m, so who the fuck made you king shit of the road? I'm not likely to move over so you can ricer flyby at 80kph down Elbow Drive, in fact it's more likely that I will go 10 under with the guy beside me just to admire the steam emanating from your empty head.

I really enjoy tailgating people like you, and then admire the look on your face as you piss yourself after I cut you off hard.

Grogador
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
I really enjoy tailgating people like you, and then admire the look on your face as you piss yourself after I cut you off hard.

You wouldn't be tailgating me for long...

:devil:

< / intarwebstoughguymode >

Kennyredline
08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

You fail at driving.

Edit: You're probably one of those guys that goes down the passing lane of john laurie blvd. or anderson rd. and just sits right under the speed limit.

You're an idiot.
I spent two years as a driving instructor...and I bet you'd fail your road test in the first five minutes.
And it makes me happy to tell you again that you're wrong about the way I drive. I'll do 8-9km/h over the limit to stay out of the way, and also to avoid a ticket...'cause that's the smart way to drive.
Douchebag.

sr20s14zenki
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Well....i already kinda had an idea you were a goof because of what you drive, but now, youve proven yourself. If you cut me off hard like you are saying you would do to somebody, i would catch up, pass you, and make 100% sure you went into the ditch....hows that tuff guy? Your comment is so goddamn ignorant i just had to stoop to your level to tell you off.

whiskas
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Your comment is so goddamn ignorant i just had to stoop to your level to tell you off.

I love you too babe

sr20s14zenki
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM

I love you too babe :love: :hitit: :angel:

Kavy
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
So you were racing with the RSX on the street??? I take it that you were not. The RSX wasn't exactly doing a ricer's flyby if you guys weren't racing. I could be wrong but isn't a ricer's flyby done when a race is over and the slower car passes (flyby) the faster car? From your story, the RSX was just speeding.

Racing? I am 30 I do not "race" on and public roadway so yes you had it right.

(Ri-ser fli bi) An action undertaken by a person fitting any or all of the genuinely accepted criteria of a "ricer" in which he or she accelerates a slow and underpowered motor vehicle, which is usually adorned with large spoilers, bright paint colors/graphics and neon lights, past another vehicle which is known or thought to be faster or more powerful with the intention of overtaking said vehicle at as high a speed differentiation as possible.

The act is typically used in lieu of a genuine speeding contest in which the "ricer" does not perceive any chance of succeeding and instead uses the action as a fabricated victory. The second vehicle is typically piloted by a driver who is unaware of any automotive competition beforehand, is likely driving in high-gear at low RPM and may or may not be adjusting the vehicle's stereo and/or scratching their genitals at the time.

The actual act of acceleration is usually very brief and surprisingly unimpressive and is usually accompanied by a very loud and irritating buzzing noise from the exhaust.

As you can see said RSX driver was very guilty of this action.

This happens to me daily in the subby and hardly when i am in my 135 but this was the first time Karma caught up with a ricer.

cam_wmh
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Anderson has a few left hand turns, so it's understandable to have the slower traffic there. Especially for those hesitant, and unassertive drivers.

I can think of Glenmore & Crowchild (>80km/hr limits), as having long stretches of more than a few km, where there are no left hand turns, so I think the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" would apply to those.

To those who insist on speeding in residential areas, (elbow etc), tone it down. You may be a good driver, but it only takes a kid to bolt out between parked cars...

ZorroAMG
08-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I love me some cake. Icing is tasty.

OP_SIHOTA
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I like being nice, moving over a lane, and letting someone pass. It's not my job to slow down traffic, plus, if someone passes me I can go faster.. and they'll get pulled over first.

Don't know why you guys are arguin over this....

Although I will admit, I've passed people on the right, on the high way and "cut them off" after... but I think most of them don't understand the whole concept of movin over to the right lane.

in*10*se
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
hahaha, only girls drive 1 series... hee hee hee.

2002civic
08-14-2008, 11:30 AM
haha awesome!

Kavy
08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by in*10*se
hahaha, only girls drive 1 series... hee hee hee.
Says the guy who drives an acura EL, your view on a manly car is a bit warped haha