PDA

View Full Version : MK4 Supra from Japan

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Curious,

Anyone bringing one over? I know there is alot of JDM hate, but come on guys, MK4's are awesome cars!

I have been prowling on Supraforums and Supra classifeds for a while now, and fuck! $20-$25USD for a high mileage relatively stock 15 year old car! Almost as bad as the NSX!

I even considered NA-T conversions from the states, those are $16K-20KUSD.

Tyee Imports shows a few for sale, but look on the garbage scale.

Anyone have any thought's?

Oh and I really dont care to hear JDM hate :rofl: And I also know that US models and JDM's are different so spare me your intranet knowledge!

(I just re read my post and I laughed! Look at some of the detail we have to post to eliminate the cause of flamethrower threads)

Toms-SC
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Seen one

Laughed

Moved on

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Seen one

Laughed

Moved on

Oh come on Tom! We have owned quite worse haha.

dimi
08-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Eeewwww

dawinder
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
theres one in coral springs ne

Toms-SC
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL

Oh come on Tom! We have owned quite worse haha.

Just no man. Seriously. You have self respect and dignity, plus your white.

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Eeewwww

Congrat's, it took you less than 10 minutes to post something useless! You drive a???

Originally posted by dawinder
theres one in coral springs ne

Cool?

n1zm0
08-05-2008, 04:21 PM
$20-$25USD for a high mileage relatively stock 15 year old car! Almost as bad as the NSX!

:rofl: do you classify NSX's and Supra's with the same resale value as midsize luxury sedans?

how is 20-25k bad for a japanese 'supercar' high mileage or not?

IMO a higher mileage (160kish) dealer serviced NSX is as reliable as 50k EG6 :dunno: it's still a Honda

schocker
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
one of the coolest things about the mk4 supra is its rarity:dunno:

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Just no man. Seriously. You have self respect and dignity, plus your white.

Haha! White? You got that right. What does that have to do with a RHD Supra?! I'm from Ireland, we drive on the right also!!

I knew I was in for something with creating this post!

:rofl:

Toms-SC
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM

I knew I was in for something with creating this post!

:rofl:

And I will attempt to save you from your devil-ish ways! The border has been opened so import something from the US. Evo, GTO, Corvette, Lightning, STI. Something has got to catch your interest.

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

:rofl: do you classify NSX's and Supra's with the same resale value as midsize luxury sedans?

how is 20-25k bad for a japanese 'supercar' high mileage or not?

IMO a higher mileage (160kish) dealer serviced NSX is as reliable as 50k EG6 :dunno: it's still a Honda

Say what? I was just stating the fact that an NSX and Supra hold there value a bit too much. Its more like $30KCAD by the time its here and its hard to swallow when you see over 100000miles on the odometer!

For the right Supra its $35K in my books because I want something "softly" modified, shave $15K-$20K if you get the "right" one from Japan!

I am merely looking for other peoples thoughts and to see if there is any on the way over!

I have seen nice stuff out of Japan, ive even owned one, I believe my FC was one of the nicest in Calgary!

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
The ones that Ive seen from japan have been so beat.. really sad to see considering the USDM ones are well taken care of. As mentioned before the fueling system on the JDM cars is crap as well.. 440cs... :thumbsdow

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM

And I will attempt to save you from your devil-ish ways! The border has been opened so import something from the US. Evo, GTO, Corvette, Lightning, STI. Something has got to catch your interest.

Dood, I spend wayyy to much time on the net seeking whats out there! I love cars period! I know whats out there

Evo, cool car, one of the favorites
GTO, its a Chevy, not a chance lol
I have considered C5 ZO6's ( the only exception from Chev)
Lightning, no thanks.

Do you remember my red convertable wide body FC? Nothing wrong with that one!

E46..sTyLez
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by schocker
one of the coolest things about the mk4 supra is its rarity:dunno:

Thats about to go to hell though

Toms-SC
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Haha. Have you considered a BMW M3 good sir? :rofl:

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The ones that Ive seen from japan have been so beat.. really sad to see considering the USDM ones are well taken care of. As mentioned before the fueling system on the JDM cars is crap as well.. 440cs... :thumbsdow

Thanks Redlyne! These are the type of posts I am looking for. One thing though, I know alot are beat, and it is very sad to see! I would not be going through a company, I have a few contacts that can source the good ones.

Side note, very jealous about the IS F!

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Haha. Have you considered a BMW M3 good sir? :rofl:

For sure! mid 20's for an E46, nice car!

I am actually looking at a boosted E36 in the states, well over 600hp

boxer23
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
yeah even I considered getting a supra(my dream car). the Japanese supra's are so distastefully modified and look to be in terrible shape. and people talking about fueling system, quality of jdm engines is bs for most people, because most buyers just want a nice car that can do a good job at performing. not a heavily modified track machine where u will actually see the difference.
good luck with your search.

schocker
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

Thats about to go to hell though
i know. it already happened to the fd, the supra is next.:cry: :cry: :cry:

tentacles
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
IF these things were so awesome before TFnF came out how come no one bought them when they were new? :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanks Redlyne! These are the type of posts I am looking for. One thing though, I know alot are beat, and it is very sad to see! I would not be going through a company, I have a few contacts that can source the good ones.

Side note, very jealous about the IS F!
I think a car like this would benefit you since you're into modding them. With some 720s a bigger turbo and a power fc youd have a nice performing vehicle. In stock form though this car wouldnt really benefit you at all. The ISF definitely is fun... f/I > NA though

mark4091
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't bother with these, they're going to get old fast as every 16 year old will own one.

The USDM supra's are my favourite japanese car by far. I really wish they didn't let these in.

nightfx
08-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
IF these things were so awesome before TFnF came out how come no one bought them when they were new? :dunno:
Probably because they were pretty damn expensive?

~$75000 afaik

03ozwhip
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM
because theyre ridiculous expensive for the people that want them. id love one even a JDM, that doesnt bother me you just gotta be careful of what you buy, just like any other car you buy. good luck Warren, theyre bad ass cars LHD or RHD it doesnt matter.

JAYMEZ
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
hmmm LHD for the winz!

4doorj
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey I've been looking the jdm ones too but I haven't seen any nice ones
I've only seen one nice green one but it sold asap
If I find a nice jdm one I might consider buying it as well
I was hoping when the jdm ones come the usdm/cdm ones would drop in price
But it doesn't look like it will happen
but definitely I prefer the LHD
(Sorry about the crappy posting I'm typing this off my cell)

jsn
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by tentacles

as much as you want to believe, not everything is an F&F fad. I personally, have always loved the supra way before F&F movies. Those cars were pretty expensive when they came out which discouraged people from buying it.

Personally, I don't like RHD, but supras are one of my fav cars so I'd consider driving a RHD car if that meant I would have a Supra.

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I think a car like this would benefit you since you're into modding them. With some 720s a bigger turbo and a power fc youd have a nice performing vehicle. In stock form though this car wouldnt really benefit you at all. The ISF definitely is fun... f/I > NA though

Ya no doubt!, You are right, modding is a must but I need a good platform to begin with, I cant stand rough shape! Something along the lines of your Mr.2's condition!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
because theyre ridiculous expensive for the people that want them. id love one even a JDM, that doesnt bother me you just gotta be careful of what you buy, just like any other car you buy. good luck Warren, theyre bad ass cars LHD or RHD it doesnt matter.

Thanks Cory, I agree, the right one is a badass car!

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
hmmm LHD for the winz!

Agreed, but smaller bank account for the looze! lol (yours is baddass by the way James! Wont even comment on the latest addition! Props

Originally posted by 4doorj
Hey I've been looking the jdm ones too but I haven't seen any nice ones
I've only seen one nice green one but it sold asap
If I find a nice jdm one I might consider buying it as well
I was hoping when the jdm ones come the usdm/cdm ones would drop in price
But it doesn't look like it will happen
but definitely I prefer the LHD
(Sorry about the crappy posting I'm typing this off my cell)

I hear ya Jay! I would consider the right one also, RHD is not appealing in the long stretch, but for one of my dream cars (before f&f) exceptions can be made

Originally posted by jsn

as much as you want to believe, not everything is an F&F fad. I personally, have always loved the supra way before F&F movies. Those cars were pretty expensive when they came out which discouraged people from buying it.

Personally, I don't like RHD, but supras are one of my fav cars so I'd consider driving a RHD car if that meant I would have a Supra.

Now you guys are talking my language!

Boosted_TL
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
The more I think, the more I might venture to an NA-T MK4 outta the states. But some of the miles on these things!!! damn, might as well buy The _ Jerbels S4 thats no longer listed on here??!!

full house
08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
yah! Its just a waist of time . . .better go to Ferrari!!! :poosie:

a social dsease
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I'd love a JDM Supra. Sure its RHD, but its a Supra, who cares. I just need a few more $$ :(