PDA

View Full Version : If anyone wants a Shaw HDPVR...

tictactoe2004
08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I think this might be happening now that Telus TV is rolling out.. Call shaw, go to cancel your account, tell them that telus offered you a good deal on a HD box with home phone, internet and cable TV for $100... and they'll lower your bill, or give you a bigger package for the same price and they'll offer you a HD-PVR (dct3416 brand new, no refurbs) for $349 and you don't have to pay for it for 6 months. They "rent" it to you for six months, if you want to keep it they bill you for $349.

I don't work for shaw, just scored the deal myself and passing on the info :) Great deal IMO :)

Kloubek
08-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Cool - I'll give it a shot.

Rocky
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I should do this, I'm getting charged a shitload by Shaw and my Digital Recording box is definitely fucked.

GingeRRRBeef
08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Fantastic

I just called Shaw told them I want to cancel my account because Telus' package is 'better' and the guy just went ahead and did it. Now I'm gonna have to call Shaw back and try and squeeze a deal out of them.

sputnik
08-06-2008, 09:25 AM
ROFL at all of the losers getting their Shaw accounts canceled when they were hoping for a deal.

:rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
ROFL at all of the losers getting their Shaw accounts canceled when they were hoping for a deal.

:rofl:

Yeah, that was kind of a FAIL!

tictactoe2004
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Fantastic

I just called Shaw told them I want to cancel my account because Telus' package is 'better' and the guy just went ahead and did it. Now I'm gonna have to call Shaw back and try and squeeze a deal out of them.

oh pfffffff, you didnt include the "I havent moved into my house yet, they're supposed to install it next week - im not even a shaw customer yet" in this version of the story :P

It should work to anyone who has WORKING cable installed, not an installation booked next week lol... do what I said in my PM and you should be fine :P

GingeRRRBeef
08-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

oh pfffffff, you didnt include the "I havent moved into my house yet, they're supposed to install it next week - im not even a shaw customer yet" in this version of the story :P

It should work to anyone who has WORKING cable installed, not an installation booked next week lol... do what I said in my PM and you should be fine :P

Well I didn't think it made a difference :poosie:

BlackArcher101
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I thought Shaw didn't really have a retentions department like other companies and it was their belief that you would eventually be coming back to them after switching. Lord knows people have tried to get deals before only to be told that they didn't do that there.

But hey, it's worth a shot! Only if I had a LCD.

Grogador
08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
they sure do have Retentions, they kept drilling into us that it costs 7 to 10x more to (re-)gain a customer than to keep an existing one.

tictactoe2004
08-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
they sure do have Retentions, they kept drilling into us that it costs 7 to 10x more to (re-)gain a customer than to keep an existing one.

I'd believe that. I was actually going to switch even though I like their service, I just refused to pay $500-700 per HDPVR. I was so happy with the deal that I actually switched my Telus home phone to Shaw home phone. They did their job to keep me and i'm very happy now :)

rinny
08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Why not just say straight up,

"Look, Telus has a much better package going on and I need something to be done about my current Shaw package as it costs an arm and a leg and am contemplating cancelling so I can move to Telus where I receive more for less..."

tictactoe2004
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by rinny
Why not just say straight up,

"Look, Telus has a much better package going on and I need something to be done about my current Shaw package as it costs an arm and a leg and am contemplating cancelling so I can move to Telus where I receive more for less..."

One way you're demanding something and probably come across as a jerk.. It's the CSRs job to try to keep you and its in your best interest for them to like you.. if you call to cancel and sound surprised when they make you the offer it will make them feel like they actually just saved a customer.. you're accepting their offer instead of you calling and asking them to do something that helps you out...

Treat people with respect and make them feel important.. they'll always be more willing to help vs you just asking for a better deal...

Ajay
08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

One way you're demanding something and probably come across as a jerk.. It's the CSRs job to try to keep you and its in your best interest for them to like you.. if you call to cancel and sound surprised when they make you the offer it will make them feel like they actually just saved a customer.. you're accepting their offer instead of you calling and asking them to do something that helps you out...

Treat people with respect and make them feel important.. they'll always be more willing to help vs you just asking for a better deal...

I agree.

I worked at Telus Mobility dealership for over six years and would often see people come in two years into a three year contract with a busted phone. The people that got what they wanted were the people that treated the retention people I put them in contact with and myself with respect. The ones that came in all huffy puffy didn't get jack shit.

Approach it in a calm manner and usually they'll be accommodating.

Pihsiak
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I would not do this.

there's a memo out
thx to a thread on red flag deals site (or whatever it's called)

they will not be offering any saves promo to anyone who smells a hint of Bullshit

the "I wanna switch to telus" line will not work

You'd just look stupid calling back in later and paying the reconnection fee and first month of service when you sign up again.

You don't think Shaw keeps a track of their competitor's promos and sales? They know they're good and they're counting on the fact that Telus will find a way to fuck you over with their shitty customer service and lack of any respect they have for their customers

There's a reason why Shaw's tagline is "People Powered"

max_boost
08-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Fantastic

I just called Shaw told them I want to cancel my account because Telus' package is 'better' and the guy just went ahead and did it. Now I'm gonna have to call Shaw back and try and squeeze a deal out of them. haha LOL

Pwned!

I think tictactoe2004 was lucky because he got a really nice service agent. If it was me I would say, "no problem sir, I will go ahead and grant your request and cancel your service effective immediately" :rofl:

Stunt66
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I got a call from someone at shaw and they were trying to get me to sign up for cable with them, she only offered me 3 months free cable on a hd-pvr so i said i'd think about it. she called about a week later and i said no, so then she offers me a trade for my satellite box for the pvr. I told her mine was a FTA box so she said they couldn't do that so i said no thanks again. She called me back within a couple of hours and told me her manager will trade me straight across for my FTA box for the hd-pvr box. As of last week I am now a proud owner of a hd-pvr box. Sorry for the long post but hopefully this can help some one else out.