PDA

View Full Version : What Joo People Do?

Ben
05-27-2002, 11:51 PM
Well, 100+ members (hahaha rage, took 2 weeks to break 100), what does everyone do with themselves?

Just curious to see where everyone spends thier time offline...

I work For Telus Communications, Going to SAIT this September for Network Engineering Technology and B. Information Technology .

legendboy
05-28-2002, 12:01 AM
Nice, I'm going next sept for computer engineering!:thumbsup:

infamous
05-28-2002, 12:16 AM
i am still in high school and i work part time at *name withheld due to embarassment*

Ben
05-28-2002, 12:19 AM
Its okay...many people need to sustain ther existance working for people who dont care about who they are, and are happy with the bare minumum, LOL Just Jokes...Any plans for Post Secondary? Career Ideas?

max_boost
05-28-2002, 12:20 AM
Business Administration at SAIT in september

University SUCKS! hehe

Work at MaxBoost Food Inc.

infamous
05-28-2002, 12:24 AM
to be honest right now i don't know....the only thing that i do know is that i want it to involve cars...lol

rage2
05-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Well, 100+ members (hahaha rage, took 2 weeks to break 100)

Yea, I'm quite shocked. I haven't even started spamming yet! =)

I'm a wannabe rich kid, IT nerd on the side.

speedracer
05-28-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I'm a wannabe rich kid, IT nerd on the side.

I'd like to move up to the level of Wannabe rich kid...

But in reality I'm a wannabe programer (IT Nerd as well)

GTS Jeff
05-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Currently, spring classes at the U of A. This summer, I'll be busting ass like no other for some serious money. And we all know where that money is going!

Ben
05-28-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
This summer, I'll be busting ass like no other for some serious money. And we all know where that money is going!

The Upkeep of your Male Maddamn Entraprenurialship?

spyderman
05-28-2002, 12:58 AM
I'm an IT geek....

2000impreza
05-28-2002, 12:59 AM
hehe. don't know where i'm going with my life yet. i'll be going to MRC in the fall. i might go to sait next year. don't know yet :clap:

James
05-28-2002, 02:38 AM
Right now I work at the Sears warehouse. No offense to anyone who might work in one, but working there has really showed me what the real world is like, and has encouraged me to get the hell out of there and get somekind of a post-secondary Education. I just have no clue for what yet though!:duh: :dunno:

bol
05-28-2002, 04:01 AM
what does everyone do with themselves?

isn't that between me and my right hand? :dunno:

Ben
05-28-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by bol

isn't that between me and my right hand? :dunno:

Well, for sure, that sort of stuff is better left private.

Superesc
05-28-2002, 08:10 AM
I work at http://www.criticalmass.com , 8-5 I am at work and online... then I go home and sit infront of the computer from 7-12+...... I got no life...

redline
05-28-2002, 08:36 AM
I manage IT nerds/ i am a IT nerd

RiceCake
05-28-2002, 10:44 AM
i'm at SAIT taking Industrial Instrumentation Technology...

Currently working part time at Bryjon... hehe i transcrbe ppl's voicemails to text... :nut: :bigpimp: "i know all your lil secrets.....":bigpimp:

CRXguy
05-28-2002, 11:06 AM
I work with my dad. We install/sand hardwood floors.

On weekends, I work at Max Boost Food Inc.

mwmhong
05-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by James
Right now I work at the Sears warehouse. No offense to anyone who might work in one, but working there has really showed me what the real world is like, and has encouraged me to get the hell out of there and get somekind of a post-secondary Education. I just have no clue for what yet though!:duh: :dunno:

I know the feeling, it's nothing but backbreaking, headaching work.
Funny thing is at a hotel I worked at, this girl at the front desk worked like and was treated like a dog and after a few months of that, she finally smartened up and went back to live with her parents so she could go to school instead.

I'm an accountant for an oil and gas pipeline. Quite a dull, boring, uneventful job.:zzz:
but it pays good!:thumbsup:

Every weekday, 7:30-4:30 I sit on my butt in my office, type numbers into the keyboard (mostly excel and platinum), bother engineers, talk to summer students, make/answer the odd phone call, waste time on the net. After work, do consolidations (Advanced Financial Accounting) through Athabasca U correspondence.

HRD2PLZ
05-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Working full time for my dads company. It sucks hardcore! I'm also currently upgrading my high school and planning on going to Mount Royal in January. Outside of that I hang out with friends when I'm not at the hospital (I'm like a walking disease).
And up until last week my boyfriend kept me busy :love: But, then I got dumped :dunno: :banghead:

ScCab
05-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
(I'm like a walking disease).

:rofl:

max_boost
05-28-2002, 01:23 PM
I think I work too much, I'm going cut down on my work hours and focus more on school

G
05-28-2002, 02:09 PM
I heard Sccab is a gigolo...is that true? No wonder Sccab is claiming to work in a sweat shop a lot of those lonely old ladies need servicing.

:p

rage2
05-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Here I sit quietly awaiting ScCab's comeback and punch line...

G
05-28-2002, 02:12 PM
I have to watch myself...don't want to be banned again. :rofl:

G
05-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I think Will went out on a service call...:nut:

ScCab
05-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by GSpot
I heard Sccab is a gigolo...is that true? No wonder Sccab is claiming to work in a sweat shop a lot of those lonely old ladies need servicing.

:p

dude mainlander need abit loving too....
yes some are old, one is young.....
holy shit I am getting hard think about this right now!!!

BRB got some business to do:hitit:

ScCab
05-28-2002, 02:28 PM
I have to watch myself...don't want to be banned again. :rofl:

you will never get banned...this is a very layed back site.

but maybe will should ban you for fun:rofl:

ScCab
05-28-2002, 02:30 PM
I think Will went out on a service call...:nut:

dude I am a very busy man. I don't fuck around you know!!!!
always on the go busy busy
I am not an IT guy that get to sit on his ass all day:confused:

rage2
05-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Check out his new User Title hahaha =).

G
05-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ScCab

dude mainlander need abit loving too....
yes some are old, one is young.....
holy shit I am getting hard think about this right now!!!

BRB got some business to do:hitit:

Sick dude...maybe the mainlanders can teach you a thing or two about sex...damn they are good at it thats for sure...what's the population in China 1,923,234,734,645?

G
05-28-2002, 02:36 PM
I got banned on Albertacars for making fun of a loser big deal.

infamous
05-28-2002, 02:38 PM
I got banned on Albertacars for making fun of a loser big deal.

who were you on abcars??

G
05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Someone's on a power trip...did you tell people that you use to drive a god damn Jimmy SUV around? Man to think about it you had a lot of cars in your life Asuna Sunfire, blazer, RX7, Supra, BMW.

infamous
05-28-2002, 02:42 PM
huh?? wtf are you talking about...you must have me mixed up with someone else...all that i wanted to know is who you were on abcars

G
05-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by infamous

who were you on abcars??

can't say otherwise Benny will try to ban me here

G
05-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by infamous
huh?? wtf are you talking about...you must have me mixed up with someone else...all that i wanted to know is who you were on abcars

Sorry I was talking to ScCab before...I am ludicrous on Abcars

infamous
05-28-2002, 02:45 PM
oh ok.....you had me very confused

max_boost
05-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Someone's on a power trip...did you tell people that you use to drive a god damn Jimmy SUV around? Man to think about it you had a lot of cars in your life Asuna Sunfire, blazer, RX7, Supra, BMW.

I think you forgot about the Corolla S:clap:

Ben
05-28-2002, 02:58 PM

can't say otherwise Benny will try to ban me here...everyone knows...if a guy can't take a joke than fuck it...don't always believe in what you hear....there is always two sides to every story. Misfortune my ass.

What ever man, your being a jerkoff not being able to get over that?

Oh, and FYI I never tried to ban you in the the past I never did BAN you in the past, nor to I have admin on this server.

Lets get over it, this isn't albertacars.net, nor is it any way accociated with it.

Word of advice, I know for a fact that acting like a stuck up fool on this site wont be tollerated...

G
05-28-2002, 03:07 PM

What ever man, your being a jerkoff not being able to get over that?

Oh, and FYI I never tried to ban you in the the past I never did BAN you in the past, nor to I have admin on this server.

Lets get over it, this isn't albertacars.net, nor is it any way accociated with it.

Word of advice, I know for a fact that acting like a stuck up fool on this site wont be tollerated...

Stuck fool I am not...I just have a really dry sense of humor....no hard feelings...dude...I'm here to have some fun.

B18C
05-28-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm a science geek

Ben
05-28-2002, 03:12 PM

Stuck fool I am not...I just have a really dry sense of humor....no hard feelings...dude...I'm here to have some fun. Cool! Sounds great! Now if this was ABCARS, it would have prolly ended up an all out flame war, LOL.

L8R:thumbsup:

legendboy
05-28-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by redline
I manage IT nerds/ i am a IT nerd

hehe...Sweet...thats what I'm gonna be when I grow up!

redline
05-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

hehe...Sweet...thats what I'm gonna be when I grow up!

shit you do not have to grow up to do this job :clap: :thumbsup: :D

gpomp
05-28-2002, 04:15 PM
I go to Western Canada High School, grade 12.

RSeXy
05-28-2002, 05:17 PM
i finished my second year at UC....french major.

i work in retail...umm..and sometimes at maxboost food inc...haha...

5gluder
05-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Just graduated in finance at SAIT. I currently work as a network/admin assistant. Pay is okay, but the pimpin on the side pays wicked:nut:

:bigpimp: <-me

ScCab
05-28-2002, 11:40 PM

yes I have been through alot of cars... I think I miss the RX-7 TT the most cause that was my first car I bought that was cool:cool:
oh well that is the past now. and don't for get i had a del sol once too :)

but we all should keep thing thread on topic

I work in a sweat shop factory with chicks that can't speak english very well...but I am sure they all now the universal language of moaning:rofl:

kenny
05-28-2002, 11:52 PM
I am a struggling student trying to make ends meet. I am currently taking a spring economics course (ECON 443 for those who care). I am going to be entering my 5th year of school in the fall.... ugh. :banghead:

When I am not in school I do contract work for a software company here in town.

When I'm not doing that, I am eating Pho.

and finally, when I'm not doing any of the stuff above, I am :zzz:

max_boost
05-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I am a struggling student trying to make ends meet. : :bullshit: :bullshit: :confused:

rage2
05-29-2002, 12:09 AM
hehe he's not lying. You want to see cheque to cheque? Kenny is the best example. I'm not far behind...

max_boost
05-29-2002, 12:11 AM
hehe he's not lying. You want to see cheque to cheque? Kenny is the best example. I'm not far behind...

Well you guys do have quite the image to live up to!

Pete92SL
05-29-2002, 12:15 AM
I'm an entertainer.......actually I work for Star Choice....We entertain people with TV :)

Pete

ScCab
05-29-2002, 12:19 AM

and I am far far behind from you guys:(

Moe
05-29-2002, 11:14 AM
I have the unfortuate pleasure of working with Pete92SL at StarChoice Communications Inc. One week after finishing my training for a CSR I was hired as a Retention Rep... in other words collections.

Ya better pay your bill or... :guns:

I'm also going to be working for Fido's summer promotions team where I'll have the oppotunity to make MAD money. Depending on how much time I have I could pull in an extra $800.00/week working for them.

I live cheque to cheque as well. In fact I am willing to bet that I am worse off than Kenny and Rage2 at the moment. My expenses are approx. $1,000.00 more than what I make at the moment, but I'm stuck with that sweet ass car. :thumbsup:

And as mentioned by HRD2PLZ I too was being kept busy by my girlfriend :love: until she dumped me. :dunno: No I wasn't dating her... lol

What is it with women anyways??

4wheeldrift
05-29-2002, 12:05 PM
I run a mail order bride service out of tijuana.

bol
05-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I run a mail order bride service out of tijuana.

You too? :dunno: I run my bride service out of Lithuania - I save money on freight shipping that way.

4wheeldrift
05-29-2002, 12:09 PM
I find the exchange from dollars to peso is much better however. Besides, there is an ample supply of crack whore's available to choose from. All you get in lithuania is a bunch of women who never shave :angel:

bol
05-29-2002, 12:10 PM
I need to get into more 'bulky' women and sell to Japan - they're like tuna over there, they pay by the pound.

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 12:11 PM
I've got some high expenses too, but I can't live cheque to cheque. I do however waste a fair amount of money each month. After I put away for savings, rrsps, etc and pay my bills, I waste about $1000 a month on :duh:

kenny
05-29-2002, 12:14 PM
How about investing some of that money you waste into the Save Kenny fund? :clap: for 12 easy payments of $125 per year, you get yourself the satisfaction of knowing you are helping keep a poor boy off the street and under a roof.

bol
05-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by kenny
How about investing some of that money you waste into the Save Kenny fund? :clap: for 12 easy payments of $125 per year, you get yourself the satisfaction of knowing you are helping keep a poor boy off the street and under a roof.

Does that mean the SLK will become a timeshare? :D

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by bol

Does that mean the SLK will become a timeshare? :D

Yeah? huh? then it could be a deal! :D My ex took the good car :madred:

max_boost
05-29-2002, 12:44 PM
:bullshit: I still don't believe you SLK boyz! hehe:rofl: :confused: :dunno:

Superesc
05-29-2002, 12:47 PM
hahah damn straight. :rofl:

max_boost
05-29-2002, 12:51 PM
I find it extremely difficult to live pay cheque to pay cheque so I've smarten it up and finally learnt how to save my money! :clap:

ninspeed
05-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Well i am in high school right now an dwork at canadian tire in the parts area (but usually find my self in the shop doing something).. i am done there though and starting autobody in about 2 weeks through sait

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I find it extremely difficult to live pay cheque to pay cheque so I've smarten it up and finally learnt how to save my money! :clap:

:thumbsup: Well said. I don't know how some people (some of my friends) can spend their whole pay cheque in 3 days :dunno:
I'm one of the few of us that always has $$$:D

G
05-29-2002, 04:12 PM

:thumbsup: Well said. I don't know how some people (some of my friends) can spend their whole pay cheque in 3 days :dunno:
I'm one of the few of us that always has $$$:D

I guess it really depends on the size of the pay check. A lot of people live beyond their means which is so bad.

max_boost
05-29-2002, 08:08 PM

I guess it really depends on the size of the pay check. A lot of people live beyond their means which is so bad.

I read somewhere that Canadians owe like (billons? millions?) in credit card debt!

Now if I can find that article hehe

max_boost
05-29-2002, 08:09 PM

I guess it really depends on the size of the pay check.

For sures! If you are a professional athlete, who gives a shit man!:thumbsup: Their weekly paycheques is more than I make in one year! LOL:madred: hehe

mwmhong
05-29-2002, 09:54 PM

For sures! If you are a professional athlete, who gives a shit man!:thumbsup: Their weekly paycheques is more than I make in one year! LOL:madred: hehe

But it also depends on how long an athlete lasts, some football players last only 4-5 years and the're wrecked, physically and financially. Look at Dynamite Kid, this guy had $250,000 in a suitcase to buy a house in Springbank back when he was wrestling, now he's in a wheelchair and flat broke.

My boss's brother inlaw is on the Vancouver Canucks, not good enough to be on the team that plays, not crappy enough to be sent to the farm. He's one of the lowest-paid NHL players and this guy had a paycheque sitting on his coffee table for $100,000. That's just a SINGLE paycheck for a guy who shows up for practice to keep in shape and during the games, sits in the owners box. :eek:

It's somewhat depressing trying to comprehend that amount of money, and then you think of Jarome Iginla...$$$
Man, I'm so jealous
:banghead:

James
05-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Quit your whining then, and just become a hockey player!:duh: :rofl:

max_boost
05-29-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

But it also depends on how long an athlete lasts, some football players last only 4-5 years and the're wrecked, physically and financially. Look at Dynamite Kid, this guy had $250,000 in a suitcase to buy a house in Springbank back when he was wrestling, now he's in a wheelchair and flat broke.

:banghead:

What happened to Dynamite Kid was very unfortunate but what can ya do

But for most professional athletes with the exception of lacrosse and cfl players got it pretty dam good!

True careers can be cut short but the amount of money they make is unbelievable!

They make lots, spend lots, oh well

RSeXy
05-29-2002, 10:37 PM

yes i seem to be getting lectures from you about my living paycheck to paycheck...but my feet for made for those shoes!!!:angel:

:thumbsup: Well said. I don't know how some people (some of my friends) can spend their whole pay cheque in 3 days

they can hold onto their paychecks for three days? cool! haha...i usually have mine until the day that i've gotten paid is over and the malls are closed :devil: ....but yes, i do need to learn how to save:banghead:

max_boost
05-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
they can hold onto their paychecks for three days? cool! haha...i usually have mine until the day that i've gotten paid id over and the malls are closed :devil: ....but yes, i do need to learn how to save:banghead:

I think my cheapness and refusal to pay is starting to rub off on you!:rofl:

RSeXy
05-29-2002, 10:42 PM

I think my cheapness and refusal to pay is starting to rub off on you!:rofl:

*rawr*

:madred: :guns:

hehe..just kidding

speedracer
05-29-2002, 11:27 PM

So you work 2 jobs then ;)
(1) Buy car stuff
(2) Pay car stuff off when you go overboard :D

Funny thing I do have 2 jobs. But sadly I don't get paid for the other one since it's family :)

2000impreza
05-30-2002, 12:12 AM
every time i start to save i always do something stupid and waste all my money:confused:. its always, after i buy this, after i buy that. haha. is it ever going to end :banghead:

max_boost
05-30-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
every time i start to save i always do something stupid and waste all my money:confused:. its always, after i buy this, after i buy that. haha. is it ever going to end :banghead:

The only way you are "NOT" going to spend money on your car is if you don't have a car! Like me! lol

Car mods are so expensive, for one greddy catback exhaust, I can have 200 bowls of pho!!!

LOL:confused:

Big_Six_Boy
05-31-2002, 02:00 AM
Wanna hear harsh?

I'm an IT geek who got plugged in the ASS by NORTEL!!!

Good thing rage2 lives close by, he can give me rides to the Food Bank! :D

-b6b

speedracer
05-31-2002, 02:10 AM
Big_Six_Boy,
Sorry to hear about that :(

kenny
05-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Car mods are so expensive, for one greddy catback exhaust, I can have 200 bowls of pho!!!

I thought I was the only one that used pho as a currency :rofl:

mwmhong
05-31-2002, 03:58 PM

The only way you are "NOT" going to spend money on your car is if you don't have a car! Like me! lol

MODS? I got repairs coming out of the yin-yang, $400 for brakes, $600 for tie-rod suspension fix, $700 for a new rear oil seal/axle seals, $400 for new water pump and possibly timing belt. Then a $1900 rocker panel repair (according to renfrew), which should be only $700 if I get Mahesh to do it. $2800 in repairs in the span of about 3 months! I'm a happy camper!:thumbsup:

Ben
05-31-2002, 04:05 PM
You bought a neon why again?:dunno: :D :thumbsup: :rofl:

Thats rough. I beached my VW on a curb after hitting it at 50km dead on, and I needed a new Steering Rack, Control Arm, Drive Axle, Tie Rod, Bushings, a motor mount, new rim, and a Frame alignment...total bill was $500 with labor.

Repairs suck ass!!!!!!!!

Ben
05-31-2002, 04:07 PM

$600 for tie-rod,

VW Tie Rod, $28

speedracer
05-31-2002, 04:20 PM

MODS? I got repairs coming out of the yin-yang, $400 for brakes

What do you need brake work on?
Are you replacing the hub? (What year is it again?)

Timing belt - Stress that it's Torqued to Spec
Very IMPORTANT.

Renfrew: talk to the parts Dept directly. I find the shops will always be a bit more when it comes to part price.

mwmhong
05-31-2002, 05:31 PM
Benny, it wasn't just a tie rod, it was other stuff like engine flushing, wheel alignment, brake crap, etc.

Speedracer, it was replacing front and rear brakes plus flushing out the brake fluid (very dirty).

It's 1995, 106,000+ clicks on it. I''ve actually considered buying a new car, but I won't!:nut:

OPGForce
06-09-2002, 11:47 PM
i am an EI bum...got laid off from my crappy IT job...oh well, I can collect up to 9 months till i find work, just enough to cover my car/insurance monthly payments. :bigpimp:

Pizza Guy
06-10-2002, 04:12 AM
Um i guess I am the Pizza Guy as its kinda well anyways hehehe-- work - RSX and well a bit of a EQ junkie too hehe....

Redlyne_mr2
06-10-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm a student and attend the canadian automotive insitute in Ontario. when I'm done I'll specialize in automotive marketing. Right now I'm doing my first internship with a company called Diablo Power Products. I handle all the marketing and distribution of all our import performance part line.

Ferio_vti
07-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Nice, I'm going next sept for computer engineering!:thumbsup:

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I graduated from CNT last year and was lucky enough to get a helpdesk job. I wouldn't recommend that program. Its too general for computer studies. You learn a bit of everything, but not speciallized in anything to get a decent job.

Trust me, its not worth the money. :thumbsdow
Not to mention SAIT's a bunch of money grubbing bastards.

If you want to get into computers, find a more specialized program. I'm going back for evening class for webdesign and graphic design in the fall.

TomTom
07-07-2002, 07:09 PM
im a shitty worker, oops i mean city worker lol
anyone has a problem with there trees that are owned by the city let me know, or else you could wait lonnnnnng time.

mwmhong
07-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
im a shitty worker, oops i mean city worker lol
anyone has a problem with there trees that are owned by the city let me know, or else you could wait lonnnnnng time.

The $#ity takes a long time to do EVERYTHING, my dad does auditing there, I know all about it. Lots of scams too, from contractors to employees, (eg. the paramedics have uncontrolled access to potential date-rape drugs, morphine, etc......):confused:

eur0
07-07-2002, 10:40 PM
I was gonna goto sait and take the Network Engineering Tech and then do the bachelors but im not ready so I decided to goto stmarys for a year then make a stronger decision, until then I can get my car together.

Ben
07-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
I was gonna goto sait and take the Network Engineering Tech and then do the bachelors but im not ready so I decided to goto stmarys for a year then make a stronger decision, until then I can get my car together.

Net Tech, and Ba. Info Sys Tech is what I'm Taking

Mortimer Schnur
07-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

If you want to get into computers, find a more specialized program. I'm going back for evening class for webdesign and graphic design in the fall.

:eek: :eek: Here comes the unsolicited free internet advice. - I'd really check into the work available there unless you have some freelancing ideas or definite leads into the field. I was laid off as a production artist and found myself amidst a glut of unemployed web artists and designers of all kinds. There's always someone younger who will work cheaper for longer hours so it's an employer's market. Also IT is a hairy industry to get into, not for the faint of heart or sub-genius level! But if you want to go for it, good luck!

I've since retrained (for the zillionth time, no exaggeration) and now my jobs are with guns and cars. Hey, those are my hobbies too! :clap:

:guns: :nut: :guns: :nut: :guns: :nut:

TomTom
07-08-2002, 12:48 AM
its funny, our group in the parks actually Wants to do so much work, we have so much work to do but theres so much stupid paperwork its not even funny, the guys i work with love to do what they do there forced to be slow