PDA

View Full Version : New Golf Course in NE

CaptainReboot
08-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Does anybody know the name of that new golf course in the NE? I think you can see it if you take 36th Street out to where the new C-train platform is in the Westwinds area.

Has anybody tried it?

JVR1
08-06-2008, 09:24 AM
silverwing.. it's ok.. not worth the 80 bucks for weekend prices in my opinion but i think they give you 10bux in food vouchers still to bring you in.

thinmyster
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
yeah it was 35$ for 9 holes when i went on sunday and i believe i golfed "mayfly." to sum up the course:
there are no trees, (they are in the process of planting 6000 says the clubhouse).
greens are shit.
fairways arent that great and
if you hit it off the fairway your going to be swinging at rocks

Probably wont go again for a while if ever.

anyone golfed sirocco? looks nice

Phlav
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
ya definitely not worth the money to go there, like everybody has said, greens are shit lots of patches, fairways are marginable, the rough is really rough lots of dirt, with grassy patches. I probably won't go there for a few years until it is ready.

gonefishing
08-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Played there on Monday and i came away with the same opinion as everyone else. Definately not worth the $80

bigboom
08-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
yeah it was 35$ for 9 holes when i went on sunday and i believe i golfed "mayfly." to sum up the course:
there are no trees, (they are in the process of planting 6000 says the clubhouse).
greens are shit.
fairways arent that great and
if you hit it off the fairway your going to be swinging at rocks

Probably wont go again for a while if ever.

anyone golfed sirocco? looks nice

scirocco is one of my favorite courses in calgary challenging yet fair. a bit pricey though as a round with cart will cost you $100.

CaptainReboot
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll wait then before I try it.