PDA

View Full Version : best protien mix

civicrider
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
looking for something with lots of calories and protien for before and after workouts, but something that doesnt taste like shit.
what can you recommend?

max_boost
08-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, after reading pinoyhero and his love for muscle milk, I have to agree with him. I had a taste of cookies and cream the other day, so freaking good.

http://www.cytosport.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1

Boosted_TL
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Muscle Milk is the shiznit! Designer is good whey also!

LadyLuck
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
quickmass- strawberry banana flavor...throw some frozen strawberries in there and you're in heaven!

kutt3r
08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
www.trueprotien.com

Get it from the source, get it pure.

Since I have ordered my first batch I will never go back.
Flavours are good, quality is great, you will understand when you mix it for the first time. You can custom build your own mix.

You can get an extra 5% off using someones discount code, they are not hard to find.

Musclemilk tastes good and is pretty decent but has a lot of extra crap in it. (I will admit it is still my pre bed time shake, with milk it is like dessert :D )

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
muscle milk looks like the way to go... where can I get it cheapest?

bigbadboss101
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
try supplementscanada.com, sndcanada, or betterbodiesnutrition.

MM is good. ON is good as well.

pinoyhero
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
MM FTW but really check out what you should be taking in pre and post workout and see if you can go with real food in as many cases as possible.

MM RootBeer is the RULE

reno97637
08-14-2008, 03:50 PM
How many times do you guys drink Muscle Milk? That thing has 33% iron per serving.

Makaveli_187
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Mamoth is pretty good to bulk. 3 scoops, teaspoon of glutamine and a spoon of peanut butter. Tastes like reeses pieces.

civicrider
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
hmmm seems like muscle milk is the way to go, whats the best flavor?

pinoyhero
08-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by reno97637
How many times do you guys drink Muscle Milk? That thing has 33% iron per serving.

usually go with real food, so 2 scoop drink every few days at most

pinoyhero
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
hmmm seems like muscle milk is the way to go, whats the best flavor?

Easy ... rootbeer FTMFW

civicrider
08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
are you mixing that with water or milk?

Ichigo
08-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Is muscle milk like a whey protien? or is it a meal repleacement?

pinoyhero
08-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
are you mixing that with water or milk?

Either, milk tastes better probably but I'm off dairy. Water still damn good

max_boost
08-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

usually go with real food, so 2 scoop drink every few days at most Oh what! I have it 1-2 times everyday. I'm doing the 6 small meals thing and MM can easily substitute 2 meals for me. But I lift 3X a week and HIIT 3X a week following the Body for Life guide.

Joe-G
08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I found that Gold Stadard Whey tastes pretty good. Ive had alot of other stuff but i have yet to try MM.

G-Suede
08-16-2008, 09:23 AM
MM FTW but really check out what you should be taking in pre and post workout and see if you can go with real food in as many cases as possible.

MM RootBeer is the RULE

Rapid absorption is a key reason for whey protein is post workout supplementation. Please name another protein source that meets this mandate. Keep in mind too that proteins are not all equal. Beef/chicken/eggs will yield better results than soy based foods for example.

pinoyhero
08-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Oh what! I have it 1-2 times everyday. I'm doing the 6 small meals thing and MM can easily substitute 2 meals for me. But I lift 3X a week and HIIT 3X a week following the Body for Life guide.

Yeah I used to pound a lot more back, but with Zone/Paleo eating and traiing Crossfit I've tried to remove a ton of "processed crap" out of my diet. I found BFL decent but after trying tons of diff programs over the years, I'll landed on Crossfit and can't see myself going back any time soon.

pinoyhero
08-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Joe-G
I found that Gold Stadard Whey tastes pretty good. Ive had alot of other stuff but i have yet to try MM.

Yeah ON is decent for a pure protien but taste wise there is no comparison to MM. Doesn't hurt that there are just a ton of flavours either.

pinoyhero
08-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Rapid absorption is a key reason for whey protein is post workout supplementation. Please name another protein source that meets this mandate. Keep in mind too that proteins are not all equal. Beef/chicken/eggs will yield better results than soy based foods for example.

I'm no pro by any means but do agree that rapid absorbtion is key and that post work out nutrition is crucial. That where I get my daily carbs (other than a few in the AM). I'm not saying that the powders are no good, just that I chose to roll with whole foods as often as possible.

max_boost
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM

Yeah I used to pound a lot more back, but with Zone/Paleo eating and traiing Crossfit I've tried to remove a ton of "processed crap" out of my diet. I found BFL decent but after trying tons of diff programs over the years, I'll landed on Crossfit and can't see myself going back any time soon.

Yeah cool. I'm just starting out so pointless to switch to different programs. I'll see how this goes over next 3-4 months and go from there.

pinoyhero
08-16-2008, 05:32 PM
^Yeah see how things go, then switch up if you're not getting what you're after. What program you startin?