PDA

View Full Version : help, anybody have a stock 96-98 radio/tape player out of car???

Pacman
08-08-2002, 03:08 PM
I have a 1998 civic with the am/fm radio.

My friend gave me his stock honda cd player out of his 2000 SIR.

Somebody told me that the plugs are different on the backs of both of the units. I was hoping that the CD player would just plug right in.

Anybody have a stock radio head unit from a 1996-1998 that I could take a look at to see if the plugs will fit before I rip apart my dashboard???

Thanks
Pacman
[email protected]

HRD2PLZ
08-08-2002, 04:13 PM
When I tried to swap mine with a 97 CR-V I was told the plugs were changed as of 1997. I've got the stock cd player from my Accord...

You shouldn't have to rip apart your whole dash to change a deck, its kinda hard to explain. When I had my EL, it took and buddy of mine about 45 minutes to install my subs, amp and new deck. We started taking the whole dash apart, but realized that there is 2 screws in the middle of the dash (under the stereo) that come out and give you access to the stereo.

The plugs from your car and mine should be the same, especially considering the '98 Accords have this same deck...Let me know if you want to see it.

Pacman
08-08-2002, 04:38 PM
ummmm,

So if I understand you correctly, if the plugs were changed in 1997, and my car is a 1998 and the cd player I want to install is from an SIR (I think it's a 2000 or 2001) then I should be fine, right???

I would like to see yours deck if possible, and compare it with the cd deck from the SIR. And if you don't mind, perhaps showing me the easy way to take the stocker out, as I have been sent instructions on how to remove the stereo, and it looks complicated. I also want ot remove the tape player which is down below the center console, so that may be trickey as well.

thanks for your help
pacman

HRD2PLZ
08-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Sure man, I have no probs showing you how to ramove/replace your deck and having a look at the one I have. Just pm, me or whatever and we can exchange #'s

Pacman
08-08-2002, 06:07 PM
well, I posted this on another board, and was informed that the plugs for the stereo's changed in 99-2000 which sucks.

I guess I can it would'nt hurt to see your's though, just in case.

I will what part of the city do you live in??

Thanks
James

HRD2PLZ
08-08-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm in the SE, more specifically- Lake Sundance

I put a call into High River Honda to get the anti-theft code for the radio. I'll pm you my cell # though, because I won't be around my computer tonight.

Pacman
08-08-2002, 06:48 PM
ok,
i'm in woodbine, perhaps I can tag up with you for a few minutes this weekend or something.

thanks
James

Pacman
08-08-2002, 06:49 PM
were you getting the code to help me out??

if so, I don't think well need it. I just want to see what the back plug in looks like on the radio and compare it with the plug in on the back of the SIR cd player

Thanks man
James

HRD2PLZ
08-08-2002, 06:50 PM
I know, but I might as well get the radio code anyway, just so I have it in case I ever need it