PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with English Bulldog/Breeder experience?

R-Audi
08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
I have been doing quite a bit of research on these dogs lately... and more so looking for breeder reccomendations. Prices vary from 1500-2800, and wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience with any breeders, or could reccomend one.

Thanks!

M

el-nino
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I have 2 english bulldogs!
I would have had 3 but one passed away in feb.
I get my dogs through Iroc bulldogs. I have bought 2 from her. Located just south of Edmonton. Iroc Bulldogs is prolly the only Breeder I would trust for Bulldogs. She has bred many champion lines and many great looking dogs (including Frank, my new guy).
Word of wise is that any good breeder will screen you 1st. You need to be able to know the breed and be able to answer her questions.
There is another breeder in Calgary but I didnt really like her. She reminded me of Cruella Deville.
Also there is another breeder in Cochrane where my 1st bully came from. Her dogs are no where near the quality that Iroc is at.
These dogs are freakin expensive but once they are fully grown and properly trained they can be one amazing pet.
Pm me if you want any more information on Bull dogs. I will only get bulldogs untill the day I die!

R-Audi
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I have seen IROC through searching google..
I have been through an interview process with Willow Haven, but they are Bulldogges.. so a bit different build.

I have found a few others on Kijiji which isnt my first choice.. but as much as I hate to say.. it is a little price dependant. I dont mind paying top dollar.. but as long as its for the best.

How long did your last one live?

el-nino
08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Dont trust anything on Kijiji. hahah. unless you can actually see the dog in person. I got Lola from somebody from the Calgary Herald. I got her for 1500. She was from Cohcrane.
My last one was 2 and a half. he died young. Freak accident really.
If you dont really care about quality of the dog and just want a pet go for something cheap. Lola was cheap, she is ugly as sin, but she is actually amazingly smart.

JMaj7
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Lolas beautiful! What are you talking about?
:)

Heff
08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Bulldogs require some special treatment that your average mutt will not. Be prepared for special maintenance of their facial folds, and some extra care in obedience training.

bksze
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
We just picked one up from Couleebank in Innisfail. You can check them out as well however they only have litters in the summer. As far as I know, they have one more upcoming litter before they're done for the season.

R-Audi
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
CouleeBank was another breeder I have heard good things about... they actually had two listed on Kijiji as well, but they also have their CKC registration is big.

I was looking at one that was 2800 on Kijiji and only came with APRI registration.. which supposedly is a half assed registration system.. I think if Im spending that much it will pay to hold off for a top accredited breeder.