PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger on XP

/////AMG
09-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know how to change this. I got XP and my e-mail was the first to sign on MSN Messenger. Now whenever someone else goes on MSN messenger it says my email then sign-on. You clikck where it says sign on and it signs on my account...how do I change it so I HAVE to put in my password to sign on.?????????

thanks.

EG STyLeZ
09-05-2003, 05:18 PM
go to tools, then options, then under the privacy tab there is a box that says, "Always ask me for my password...". Select that box

/////AMG
09-05-2003, 05:39 PM
:banghead: doesnt work, dammit...I'm gonna delete my .Net password off my comp and try.

AquamosH
09-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Did you try the choices under Options then the General tab?

EG STyLeZ
09-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH
Did you try the choices under Options then the General tab?

oops yeah that's what you're supposed to do. there's some sign in options in there

/////AMG
09-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Ya I did and it didn't work, but thanks anyways guys, I just changes the automatic sign in one with my dads old old email account. I even went to help and it didnt work, oh well no biggie.

Akagi Redsuns
09-05-2003, 06:14 PM
This is how you do it. I have XP and MSN.

Go to control panel, switch that to classic view. Select "User Accounts", then pick your profile. Then select the first item on the left hand side "manage my network passwords". Now find the login name that you want to delete and press delete. Voila! Next time you start MSN, you will prompted for the password.

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-05-2003, 07:32 PM
lol.. all i have to do for mine is to sign on as a diff account... next time i go to sign on it dosnt auto sign on anymore.. (btu thats also for windows 98 lol)

Steve R

/////AMG
09-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
This is how you do it. I have XP and MSN.

Go to control panel, switch that to classic view. Select "User Accounts", then pick your profile. Then select the first item on the left hand side "manage my network passwords". Now find the login name that you want to delete and press delete. Voila! Next time you start MSN, you will prompted for the password.

SWEET...It did work, Thanks alot man...oh and you know how you remove a program and you go into Add or Remove Programs to uninstall it, I wanna uninstall like MSN Explorer and the old MSN (its in Add/Remove Windows Components) , would I have to check the boxes I want to remove, or check the uncheck the boxes I wnt to remove, which one? Pic is below. Thanks ALOT

This windows XP is doing my head in lol.

/////AMG
09-05-2003, 10:29 PM
anyone?

Akagi Redsuns
09-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Sorry man, never tried that yet, so I really don't know. Truth be told, I use the computer a lot but not an "expert". I always thought that MS IE and MSN was too tied into XP and that it can't be removed?

AquamosH
09-06-2003, 01:08 AM
The checked boxes are the components you have installed. If you want to uninstall certain components, uncheck their box(es).

everlong
12-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Here's what you do:-

Go to User Accounts in Control Panel and find "Manage My Network Passwords"

In Stored User Names and Passwords, click the "Passport.Net\*" entry, and then click Remove. That works for me & should work for you.

Each time you re-visit you (or anyone else) has to type (or select from the list if they've been on before) their own ID & Password.

Simple really - ain't it!

Cheers

Dj_Stylz
12-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Sign in a and then leave like sign in as a diff account and then it will say pass thing and just put anything in like this (kfsalkjgaklsjdgjaskl) Then hit save pass and then by then it should not sign in. Then when you want to sign in it will try but wont sign in on that account

/////AMG
12-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Problem was solved about 2 months ago. Thank you

Mods can close this if they want.

DeSi
12-05-2003, 08:17 PM
thnx man lol i had the same prob