PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Tow Package on an Odyssey

w_man
08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured I'd post it under General.

My friend is looking to get a Tow Package on his Honda Odyssey. No 'my friend' really isn't me ... I would admit to own a mini van :)

Anyways, he has looked at a few shops around town (Calgary) but I thought I'd check here online to see if anyone does this work or if anyone has any suggestions for where he should go. He needs the hardware as well as installation.

Thanks for your help.

n1zm0
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
the tow bar for an odyssey is prlly the same design as an pilot/MDX? they share the same chassis iirc.

4 threaded bolt holes i'm pretty sure on either side

just find hte same year and goto an acura/honda dealer :dunno:

4WARNED
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Call The Hitch Shop.....they'll point him in the right direction to supply and get one installed...

bobby_lu
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
MAKE SURE you get a transmission cooler, the tranny's on these are terrible anyways, not to mention with a trailer.

Eleanor
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
MAKE SURE you get a transmission cooler, the tranny's on these are terrible anyways, not to mention with a trailer.

We've towed my friends outboard numerous times with her '99 odyssey with no issues :dunno:

rc2002
08-07-2008, 01:41 PM
^ Is she one of the ones on the undivided highway to BC straining the motor to go 60km/h uphill while towing the outboard? I passed at least 5 odysseys towing boats on my way back from Vernon the other weekend.

OP, I got a trailer hitch from U-Haul last time. It was way cheaper than the dealership

bobby_lu
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

We've towed my friends outboard numerous times with her '99 odyssey with no issues :dunno:

with no tranny cooler? lol thats a suicide mission...anyways we went through 3 without even a mention of a trailer.

At least 2 were under warranty :nut:

Eleanor
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ Is she one of the ones on the undivided highway to BC straining the motor to go 60km/h uphill while towing the outboard? I passed at least 5 odysseys towing boats on my way back from Vernon the other weekend.

Nope we mostly stay in Alberta, Glennifer/Little Bow/Sheerness.

We have taken it out to Koocanusa before, again no issues :dunno:

w_man
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

OP, I got a trailer hitch from U-Haul last time. It was way cheaper than the dealership

U-Haul sells them as well?

rc2002
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah they have them for a bunch of different models. The Odyssey one would be quite common I'd think.

I bought one for a Mercury Villager and they had it in stock, it costed $350 and included the draw arm and hitch ball too. That price was with all labour included. It even included the wiring and wiring adapter.

*edit* This was for the hitch equipment only. I didn't get any power steering or transmission coolers or any engine bay stuff.