PDA

View Full Version : Gmail 'reply-to' address...

Super_Geo
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Is there a way to send emails from my GMail, but change the 'reply-to' so that when people write back, it goes to my work email?

I set Outlook at work to re-direct emails to my GMail account so I can check them on my iPhone (company doesn't support iPhone for email), but when I respond on my phone, people respond to my GMail account...

foos_guy
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Try this... Gmail Reply-To (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7991)

I can't verify this because my work has Gmail blocked... :(

hedge
08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Yes, when you add the other email account you can go through a verification process where it sends an email to that account to verify that it's your account.

Once you've done that you can send mail as any 1 of the accounts you've added to gmail.

My instructions are terrible but if you go to the options menu it should be obvious.

Super_Geo
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Sweet, thanks a lot guys!

analbumcover
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
My work doesn't support the iphone either

Can you tell me how to forward in outlook Geo

nevermind i made a rule for it

prae
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
FYI Geo, it will still show in your emails that you have sent it from your gmail account but replies will be correctly directed...

usually it shows something like:

Sent by [email protected] on behalf of [email protected]

so dont expect to send emails from home and have people think you are at work :bigpimp:

Super_Geo
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
My work doesn't support the iphone either

Can you tell me how to forward in outlook Geo

nevermind i made a rule for it

Make sure you set it to 'Redirect' and not 'Forward.'

If you set it to forward, all the emails going to your GMail account will say "From: Analbumcover, Subject: FW _____" instead of whoever actually sent you the email. I had it set up like this for the past couple of months and trying to find shit gets pretty hairy after a while.

If you set it to redirect it'll be just like the original sender sent it to your GMail and show up as "From: OriginalSender."

Originally posted by prae
FYI Geo, it will still show in your emails that you have sent it from your gmail account but replies will be correctly directed...

usually it shows something like:

Sent by [email protected] on behalf of [email protected]

so dont expect to send emails from home and have people think you are at work :bigpimp:

Haha those assholes are always one step ahead... :D