PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 3G phone reception

benyl
08-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Is it any good?

I currently have a KRZR K1 with Fido as it is the only phone I have tried so far that doesn't drop calls when I am at home.

Don't want to get an iphone and have it drop calls on me all the time.

znx
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Never had problems with reception/dropping calls for me so far..I am with Fido also so I say it's been good. :)

prae
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
It seems alright, but i dont have a lot of GSM-phone experience... switched from Bell for the jesusphone, and I would say I have noticed markedly less reception than i typically saw with bell phones. But like znx has said, it hasnt been a problem for me at home in the nw or at work in the se...

You have any friends? Why not get one w/ an iphone to drop by and try it out??

benyl
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I just might do that.

core_upt
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
in terms of how many bars it shows, my iPhone always looks like it doesn't have reception (compared to my BB 8800 and RAZR2, but I have not had any problems with the reception or dropped calls.

Shogged
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
its like a giant antenna with the plastic backing now. Personal experience, i would rate it 9/10. Its pretty damn clear

beyondmike
08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Compared to my Blackberry, the reception was terrible. Lots of dropped calls, I live just outside city limits. Never had these issues with my BB pearl. I am sure city limits are fine. 3G was touchy too, sometime on, sometimes off. When it worked it was definately clear.

JAYMEZ
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Mines really good with Rogers :thumbsup: , it works better than my blackberry 8800 did.

CivicDXR
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
yeah, my 3G seems better than my old iPhone... I don't drop calls at all with either one, but the clarity of my 3G is alot better with less static...

benyl
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by beyondmike
Compared to my Blackberry, the reception was terrible. Lots of dropped calls, I live just outside city limits. Never had these issues with my BB pearl. I am sure city limits are fine. 3G was touchy too, sometime on, sometimes off. When it worked it was definately clear.

Which edge of the city do you live in? I live just inside the city limits in the NW.

Also, was you BB a TELUS/Bell or Rogers/Fido phone?

scortracer
08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
:whocares:

colinxx235
08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by scortracer

Then why did you waste your time posting fag.

But as for the op, I just switched from Telus to Rogers (iphone) and I live in Mckenzie lake, the reception change is HUGE, I have no problems with dropping calls/static and I can even manage to watch youtube videos over 3G in the basement as well. Definitely improved there. Probably depends what area of the city you live in as well though :P

JRSC00LUDE
08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by scortracer

Fag.

The 3G's I've seen have good reception but shit battery life.

analbumcover
08-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
yeah, my 3G seems better than my old iPhone... I don't drop calls at all with either one, but the clarity of my 3G is alot better with less static...

I haven't dropped any calls with my 3G, its great, also no problems with echoing or sound quality!

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Fag.

The 3G's I've seen have good reception but shit battery life.

Absolutely Ridiculous Battery Life, ive gone through a whole battery just sitting at work using apps, watching youtube videos etc, i wish my deck charged this sucker that would be a huge + in my books

benyl
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
hmm. battery life might sway me not to get one then...

colinxx235
08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I use mine a lot all day, and usually by the time I’m ready for bed it needs to be charged, but that's only if you youtube 8 hours plus in one day... it takes 30-40 mins to get a full charge too. Not that big of a problem IMO

beyondmike
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Which edge of the city do you live in? I live just inside the city limits in the NW.

Also, was you BB a TELUS/Bell or Rogers/Fido phone?

In the south end, Dewinton and am with Fido(both Iphone and BB).

sabad66
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Battery life will only seem like an issue the first 2-3 weeks you own it because you will be so amazed with it and use all of its functionality pretty much all day. Once you start using it like an average person it will be fine.

gabbo
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Battery is fine as long as you charge it once a night for me.

Reception is great for Harvest Hills area.

Kaos
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
The battery life is horrid on the iPhone 3G. My Curve would last 3 days longer than it but the Interface of the iPhone makes you use it more.... sooo....

JAYMEZ
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Yah battery life blows compared to my old BB. I think I find myself recharging it everyday?

blinkme_210
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Battery life = the ultimate suckage. It's down to half bar without any use by the end of the work day. If I didn't have a charger in my office, it would be dead by the time I make it home at 7.

Call quality is good, but the volume is way too quiet. I can hardly hear the other person on the line with the AC barely blowing in my car.

Oh yeh, iPhone 2.0 won't transfer contacts to iDrive :thumbsdow. If you have a fairly recent iDrive update, the contacts apparently will transfer.

benyl
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I think I have progman v.28 or something.

Hmm, the volume thing is interesting. Low speaker volume is a pet peeve of mine.

beyondmike
08-12-2008, 09:34 AM
my battery life is terrible, sometimes not even lasting 6 hours on a full charge. pushing 2 email accounts, 1 with MS exchange and another imap. wifi always on and i would have to manually turn on and off my bluetooth so it wouldnt drain the battery. also, this is without using the ipod feature and just leaving it on my desk at work with minimal amount of calls. i understand this all drains the battery but the biggest addition on the iphone 3G was the ability to hook up to MS exchange and have activesync for business users. if it doesn't even last a full work day then that is a definate minus. if you don't need push email or sync to MSE then the battery life may fine, but if apple wants to get blackberry/smartphone users to switch over, then the battery has to last longer than that.

Cowtown_Raider
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
some tips to extend battery life

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html