PDA

View Full Version : sub is not working....?? wierd problem!!!

nong_khon
08-08-2008, 04:48 PM
my sub and amp are not working when i play the cd music.
but when i turn to the radio it sound fine.
note... my amp didnot even turn on when playing the CD.
please help!!!!!! this thing really make me crazy.!!!

Grogador
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
hooked your amp's "remote" wire to the "power antenna go up now" wire on the deck, instead of "amp remote"?

go to your amp and jumper the little blue wire "remote" to the big red one 12v.

if you do that though, it'll be on 24/7 and might drain the battery... so if that is the problem, take out the deck and wire it up properly!

nong_khon
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
i hooked every thing properly. blue to blue. i'm just thinking the the deck is broken for some reason. is that possible that the part that needs to sent power to amp when playing CD is broken??

03ozwhip
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
there are 2 blue wires, like grog said, antenna and remote. make sure its not antenna because thats what it sounds like.

Grogador
08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
"antenna go up now" is usually solid blue

"amp remote" is usually blue with a white stripe

what deck? you bought a harness for it? did it come with a wiring diagram, or were the wires labeled?

It is far more likely that it is hooked up wrong, since the "amp remote" just goes +12v anytime the deck is ON, and "antenna go up now" only goes +12v when you are in radio mode... why don't you go in the trunk and try it?

adam c
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
does your antenna stay up when you play cds? do you have a power antenna?

nong_khon
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
there are 2 blue wires, like grog said, antenna and remote. make sure its not antenna because thats what it sounds like.

ok wait!!! i'm not so good in installing, i thought i did.

So there are two blue wires, and i saw that but i'm not sure which one i connected to....lol so how do i know which is which?
and if i connected to antenna wire will the sub and amp only work with radio but not CD?? thankss

nong_khon
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
the deck is sony x plod or something, it does not have any instruction on it.

adam c
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
yes exactly...

if you have a power antenna, the antenna goes down when you play cd's.. hence cutting the power

and there should be a stripe on one of the blue wires aswell.. silver/grey i think, i can't remember, you want the solid blue

03ozwhip
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
thats how it should work. again, like grog said 1 is blue with a white stripe. thats not the one that you want.

Grogador
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
did i get them confused? well... it's the other blue one :D

pinoyhero
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Is your sub a $30 double meat 12ich lobster?

futurecivic
08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
ok holy shit you guys are so confusing
first take your deck out and hook the remote wire (the one going to the amp) up to the blue with white strip and if you dont have a blue/white hook it up to the red wire

soupey
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
there are TWO blue wires on most sony decks, one for the power antenna and another which is an amp turn on lead, typically sony decks have a lil blue tag on the amp turn on wire....you should have a blue wire coming out of ur deck that is unused (it may be blue with another colour stripe on it), just connect your remote wire to that.

03ozwhip
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by futurecivic
ok holy shit you guys are so confusing
first take your deck out and hook the remote wire (the one going to the amp) up to the blue with white strip and if you dont have a blue/white hook it up to the red wire

wtf are you talking about? if he connects it to the red wire(battery) it will be on all the time and it will drain his power. why would he do that?

futurecivic
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
no red is accessory and yellow is constant power at the deck