PDA

View Full Version : Protein Whey - Constipation

Nusc
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Dude, what's up?

How much fibre do you need to counter this?

liquidboi69
08-08-2008, 07:32 PM
How much are you taking? Are you taking a shitty brand also? Normally people don't have a problem as long as they try to get SOME fiber.

BrknFngrs
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
That's normal, why do you think your muscles get bigger?

Seriously though, I've never had that problem, what are you eating in terms of the rest of your diet?

broken_legs
08-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I used to eat 5 lbs of whey every 3 weeks and never had that problem.

The only thing I ever noticed was letting out a few more farts and even those were pretty much scentless. ;)

Are you taking whey or weight gainer? What brand are you taking? Maybe you should switch it up...

Nusc
08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
What about your $#!T's ? They're all liquidy. haha

G-Suede
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Post the brand you're using and the protein breakdown. Chances are it's a side effect of cheap whey that uses mainly protein concentrate rather than lactose reduced/free whey isolate.

pinoyhero
08-09-2008, 07:35 AM
^ Agreed, let us know what you're using ... you get what you pay for with supps. Really though you'd be better off eating food rather than milkshakes to bulk up or get your daily protien.

GQBalla
08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
werd

you have either a fucked up body or fucked up protein

everyone i know that takes whey has the opposite effect including myself. LOL

G-Suede
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
^ Agreed, let us know what you're using ... you get what you pay for with supps. Really though you'd be better off eating food rather than milkshakes to bulk up or get your daily protien.

Sure, but eating 300+ grams of protein/day from whole food can be a challenge - that's the benefit of supplements.

Nusc
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
How much does it matter if you dilute your solution? ie. too much water.

Nusc
08-09-2008, 11:00 AM
And how long do muscles last after working out
-without protein supplements
-with protein supplements?

broken_legs
08-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Nusc
And how long do muscles last after working out
-without protein supplements
-with protein supplements?

No more answers until you answer us first. We're not Psychics!

Post the brand you're using and the protein breakdown.

How much are you taking? Are you taking a shitty brand also?

what are you eating in terms of the rest of your diet?

Agreed, let us know what you're using ...

Are you taking whey or weight gainer? What brand are you taking?

jay42w8
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I woudl say building muscle is the least of your problems now if you're having this....get your digestive system in check first. Big muscles does not necessarily equal a healthy body.

KRyn
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I have never had a problem with to much protein.. I have gotten upwards of 400++ g for a number of weeks.

pinoyhero
08-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Sure, but eating 300+ grams of protein/day from whole food can be a challenge - that's the benefit of supplements.

understood, but the majority of humans should not be eating that much protien, especially guys at a stage where they are experimenting with powders etc. those who are trying for 1.5x or more of protien per pound of body weight aren't your average joes trying to get in better shape, but the higher end atheletes, some of which I know exist on this board.

Darkane
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Dude, what's up?

How much fibre do you need to counter this?

1cup rolled oats - Bring to a boil

1cup frozen blueberries - add to boiled oats

Add splenda for sweetness.

1cup oats + 1 cup blueberries = 15g fibre, or 75% of the Recommended daily intake.

So do that x3 a day and you'll be good.

I usually need around 40g fibre to get the system working good, with 350g protein/day whole foods.

I only use whey post workout.

Darkane
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh, option two.

Take 3 teaspoons of psyllium fibre/day with meals.

Nusc
08-10-2008, 12:00 PM
How much are you taking?
Not enough. It recommends taking 4 scoops 3 times daily. I only take 1 because it tastes horrible.

Are you taking whey or weight gainer? What brand are you taking?
Mammoth weight gainer.

bulaian
08-10-2008, 12:05 PM
you could try drinking Senna Tea to help with bowel movements or take some metamucil, either the drink form or capsules.

G-Suede
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Not enough. It recommends taking 4 scoops 3 times daily. I only take 1 because it tastes horrible.

Find a new hobby.