PDA

View Full Version : Pho Dau Bo's customer service sucks

victornguyen
08-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Boy do I miss the old owners....

I was there this weekend and ordered Chicken Sate pho and a rice dish for my son. They totally screwed up the rice dish. And my chicken sate comes out as beef sate. Told the owner...her exact words were " I'll make a brand new bowl for you" and she took it away and bought what i thought was a new bowl but I just think they pulled the beef out and added the chicken as half way done I found beef at the bottom of my bowl.

I told her again and she made it like its my fault and I shouldn't bother them so much.

Anyone get the same feelings from the new owners???

dj_rice
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Actually, your right, Pho Dau Bo has changed ownership....but their Pho is the best mmm nuoc beo so I dont mind the bad customer service....and I would choose to not complain especially at a asian restaurant, cause who knows what else they added when they "remake and give you a brand new bowl"....:rofl:

max_boost
08-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Actually, your right, Pho Dau Bo has changed ownership....but their Pho is the best mmm nuoc beo so I dont mind the bad customer service....and I would choose to not complain especially at a asian restaurant, cause who knows what else they added when they "remake and give you a brand new bowl"....:rofl:

Didn't know they changed owners but seriously man, you are paying $8 or whatever for a bowl of pho. The fact that they even acknowledged their error is going above and beyond what is necessary.

Complain a second time and they probably gave you the look of "if you don't stfu I'm going to throw you out of my restaurant"

Super_Geo
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Bagolac Saigon, nuff said.

max_boost
08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
^^^

Haven't been there since my friend's family sold it to focus on their Thai Tai's. Going have to give it another shot. :drool:

victornguyen
08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
the problem is they didnt even acknowledge it. I had to tell them and they made a fuss about it before they checked the order sheet. when you are paying $10 bucks for a bowl of pho you should expect them to get the order right. To be serious how hard is it to read chicken (ga) and beef (bo).

adam c
08-10-2008, 09:48 PM
never had a problem at pho dau bo.. last time they forgot our drinks but that wasn't a big deal

Originally posted by Super_Geo
Bagolac Saigon, nuff said.

have you tried other places? are you white?
bagolac caters to people new to eating viet

pho dau bo and le da have the best sate i've had

GQBalla
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I have yet to try le da's sate but dau bo has some amazing ass sate. Another place I enjoy for sate and the dac biet is pho hoai.

Everytime I got to dau bo its been really good the service sucks but whatever man if I wanted good service I would stick to white food

dj_rice
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
I have yet to try le da's sate but dau bo has some amazing ass sate. Another place I enjoy for sate and the dac biet is pho hoai.

Everytime I got to dau bo its been really good the service sucks but whatever man if I wanted good service I would
stick to white food

Exactly, I dont go in expecting A+ customer service out of any Pho or Chinese restaurant, hell the dirtier the restaurant, the better :thumbsup: all these white people are so uptight with customer service and cleanliness its getting retarded...hopefully U & Me re-opens soon :banghead:

I've had the best weed at Le Da

Tik-Tok
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

Haven't been there since my friend's family sold it to focus on their Thai Tai's. Going have to give it another shot. :drool:

The new owners REALLY f'ing sucked at first, I made a thread about my disapointment over a year ago.

We finally went back last month, and they've improved their service, but the food still isn't as good as it was with your friends being owners.

Good enough to go back again though.

mrjay1987
08-10-2008, 10:04 PM
That's my gf's favourite place. It's okay but the old owners were much better.

Super_Geo
08-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by adam c
have you tried other places? are you white?
bagolac caters to people new to eating viet

pho dau bo and le da have the best sate i've had

Haven't found any other pho place in the city that has a sate pho like Bagolac... even went to a few of the places recommended on Beyond and their sate pho just wasn't the same.

Have you tried Bagolac's curry dishes? Phenomenal. They use fresh green/red peppers, and they use better meat than most Vietnamese resteraunts I've been to in Calgary.

I hit up Bagolac on a consistent basis on Saturdays, amazing hang over cure. I think we've discovered the perfect meal for 4:

Appetizers:
4x spring rolls
4x salad rolls
52- Sate beef Pho to share

Main dishes:
152 - Prawn/yellow curry dish, replace the prawns with chicken... you get shitload of chicken, haha
145 - Beef w/ satay sauce
Large order of coconut rice

Dessert:
4x Iced Coffees

Comes to like $68, which is perfect... $20/person + a couple extra loonies to round it out to a 20% tip. I don't think I've ever had a meal at Bagolac that hasn't deserved a 20% tip.

I'm Asian, but the people I go with are all white, and they rant and rave about it. Haha what can I say though... I like white-people's Asian food.

lelalong
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Haven't found any other pho place in the city that has a sate pho like Bagolac... even went to a few of the places recommended on Beyond and their sate pho just wasn't the same.

Have you tried Bagolac's curry dishes? Phenomenal. They use fresh green/red peppers, and they use better meat than most Vietnamese resteraunts I've been to in Calgary.

I hit up Bagolac on a consistent basis on Saturdays, amazing hang over cure. I think we've discovered the perfect meal for 4:

Appetizers:
4x spring rolls
4x salad rolls
52- Sate beef Pho to share

Main dishes:
152 - Prawn/yellow curry dish, replace the prawns with chicken... you get shitload of chicken, haha
145 - Beef w/ satay sauce
Large order of coconut rice

Dessert:
4x Iced Coffees

Comes to like $68, which is perfect... $20/person + a couple extra loonies to round it out to a 20% tip. I don't think I've ever had a meal at Bagolac that hasn't deserved a 20% tip.

I'm Asian, but the people I go with are all white, and they rant and rave about it. Haha what can I say though... I like white-people's Asian food.

I like the variety at Bagolac but I will not get the Pho there. Bun yes, curry yes. But the Pho sucks compared to Pho Dau Bo or even Noodle World (next door to Pho Dau Bo). It is soooo good at both!

vadeit
08-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by lelalong

I like the variety at Bagolac but I will not get the Pho there. Bun yes, curry yes. But the Pho sucks compared to Pho Dau Bo or even Noodle World (next door to Pho Dau Bo). It is soooo good at both!

Noodle World's pho is not as tasty as Pho Dau Bo. It is usually hotter though, which sometimes is a good thing.

mrjay1987
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
I am not a fan of bagolac because every time I go there I get some bitchy ass waitress that expects us to tip them. :banghead:

Super_Geo
08-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by mrjay1987
I am not a fan of bagolac because every time I go there I get some bitchy ass waitress that expects us to tip them. :banghead:

Oh the humanity.

E-MARK
08-11-2008, 07:49 AM
When I worked for a pest control company in Calgary back in the day, I used to dread walking into a "PHO" Anything restaurant. Some of the "PHO" places we attempted to help "clean up their act" were eventually shut down by Calgary Regional Health. 5+ mice caught in traps each week, mouse droppings on the kitchen shelves, drain fly's, improper cleaning supplies, no soap to wash your hands ...

Maybe the new owners will get shut down and then nobody will go there!

Eat at McDonald's! The food is fatty and yucky, but at least they are clean! hehehe

adam c
08-11-2008, 08:04 AM
^^ like people have said.. the dirtier the tastier

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 08:08 AM
mmmmmm, mice droppings....

hampstor
08-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Exactly, I dont go in expecting A+ customer service out of any Pho or Chinese restaurant, hell the dirtier the restaurant, the better :thumbsup: all these white people are so uptight with customer service and cleanliness its getting retarded...hopefully U & Me re-opens soon :banghead:

Exactly! You don't go to a vietnamese/chinese restaurant and expect good service unless you are getting shit for food.

adam c
08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
mmmmmm, mice droppings....

melt in your mouth dood

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
i think THE WORST vietnamese restaurant that i've ever been to was the shawnessy vietnamese restaurant. both their customer service and their food sucked nuts. you'll walk in and the server just looks at you ignoring you. i've been there only twice (the first time sucked but i thought i'd give it another try) and both times, i could not believe how retarded the servers are there. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

adam c
08-11-2008, 08:23 AM
haha shawnessy isn't "that" bad.. it's closer then driving to 52nd...

I was in Vancouver last week and went to Pho Hoa and tried ordering sate beef.. the guy looked at me like i was crazy and never heard to it.. I wanted to tell him in viet but I couldn't remember the word for sate

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 08:31 AM
haha shawnessy isn't "that" bad.. it's closer then driving to 52nd...

I was in Vancouver last week and went to Pho Hoa and tried ordering sate beef.. the guy looked at me like i was crazy and never heard to it.. I wanted to tell him in viet but I couldn't remember the word for sate

i friggin hate that place, man. i don't usually order pho but i either order rice or rice vermiccelli dishes and i really like golden bell and bagolac. not only are they good, imo, but the serving size is pretty big, too. which restaurant are you talking about on 52nd in the NE? the one by memorial or trans canada?

adam c
08-11-2008, 08:38 AM

i friggin hate that place, man. i don't usually order pho but i either order rice or rice vermiccelli dishes and i really like golden bell and bagolac. not only are they good, imo, but the serving size is pretty big, too. which restaurant are you talking about on 52nd in the NE? the one by memorial or trans canada?

Pho dau bo and Le Da.. k not exactly 52nd street but close enough.. 17th ave there

Plus Golden bell is alright
Bagolac is good for stuff other than Pho
Shawnessy is ok, not best not worst
There's a couple DT that aren't very good at all
There's another one just off centre street and 16th ave that's got some decent pho
Couple in the NE that are ok can't remember their names though

em2ab
08-11-2008, 08:49 AM
You've had pho with good customer service? :dunno:

Machi
08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
don't fuck with the people that handle your food.. lol
ever watch that movie "Waiting.."? :rofl:

PINOY-X
08-11-2008, 09:24 AM

There's another one just off centre street and 16th ave that's got some decent pho

Pho Kim and Pho So 1

n1zm0
08-11-2008, 09:35 AM
i think THE WORST vietnamese restaurant that i've ever been to was the shawnessy vietnamese restaurant.

no way oriental phoenix x 1000, it's fken salt water and over cooked noodles, a white friend swears it's the best he's ever had and insisted i try it and i'll say again i would have rather had a Nong Shim left cold than to ever go back to that shithole.

on a more relevant note, i finally went to Dau bo this weekend and i'll have to say its some of the best i've had, i especially enjoy the freshest damned basil i've ever had with Pho, wow do they grow it back there or what?(i got a #1, everything i think it was)and was like 'Now, wheres this Le Da place' and the plaza sign told me all i needed to know. :D
how would you guys compare their #1s (usually it's the meatball, tendon, beef and tripe assortment) ?

regarding asian restaurant service, one thing i fken LOVE about any Asian restaurant is how the waiters/waitresses don't come over every gdamned 5-8 minutes (unless it's dimsum) like at western restaurants, "So, how are you liking everything? Goooood", "So how are you enjoying your food, can i get you anything else? Goooood".. I'm eating mofo, pls.

Fken hell, if i want something then i'll ask you for it..
you're asking too much if you expect western restaurant type service at any asian restaurant, especially if it caters to asians. :thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

no way oriental phoenix x 1000, it's fken salt water and over cooked noodles, a white friend swears it's the best he's ever had and insisted i try it and i'll say again i would have rather had a Nong Shim left cold than to ever go back to that shithole.

o ya! i forgot about oriental phoenix. the place looks nice but the food is heavily over-priced, the serving size miniscule but the service is not THAT bad.

adam c
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM

o ya! i forgot about oriental phoenix. the place looks nice but the food is heavily over-priced, the serving size miniscule but the service is not THAT bad.

stop talking you azn fool:whipped:

oriental phoenix is by far the worst ever ... so bad I completely forgot it existed

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM

stop talking you azn fool:whipped:

oriental phoenix is by far the worst ever ... so bad I completely forgot it existed

lol! i only said oriental phoenix' service wasn't that bad cuz our server at the time was pretty hot...hehehe

adam c
08-11-2008, 10:06 AM

lol! i only said oriental phoenix' service wasn't that bad cuz our server at the time was pretty hot...hehehe

should forward that to your wife:clap:

analbumcover
08-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Goldenbell is where its at, normally you get fast service and it tastes delicious!

Im white, and im not down with eating where mice shit

I hear "the dirtier the better" all the time. I just cant bring myself to believe it

GQBalla
08-11-2008, 11:00 AM

hasn't U n Me opened up again?

i was there last weekend for dim sum with the parents

cityhunter2501
08-11-2008, 11:09 AM

hasn't U n Me opened up again?

i was there last weekend for dim sum with the parents

yo matt.. pho dau bo cruise soon, craving for pho

went there last thursday only to find out they close at 8pm :cry:

GQBalla
08-11-2008, 11:14 AM
werd ^^^

QuasarCav
08-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
Goldenbell is where its at, normally you get fast service and it tastes delicious!

Im white, and im not down with eating where mice shit

I hear "the dirtier the better" all the time. I just cant bring myself to believe it

You are not white! Have you seen your car?

max_boost
08-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Sunny's in Chinatown 2nd floor, right above Dessert House has good service. They actually make it around to clear your bowls and refill your water!

I swear it's the only Pho place I have ever been there where they do it in a timely manner. Been going there for over 8 years now. :drool:

max_boost
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Beyond Pho Dau Bo meet? Is that what's up?:drool:

Do they still have the hidden surcharge when you go up to pay after the new owners?

Before Lge. Pho $7.50+tax

I go to pay and it's like $9.25 or some shit lol
Never said anything cause it was so fucking good. :drool:

analbumcover
08-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

You are not white! Have you seen your car?

LOL!

You must be brown since you've been driving around in beat integras for the past 5 or so years :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Beyond Pho Dau Bo meet? Is that what's up?:drool:

Do they still have the hidden surcharge when you go up to pay after the new owners?

Before Lge. Pho $7.50+tax

I go to pay and it's like $9.25 or some shit lol
Never said anything cause it was so fucking good. :drool:

I used to go there daily but got sick of the scam pricing so I go across the street to Pho Binh Minh now and its just as good.

GQBalla
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
dau bo meet definately !

ahahah last time i went there was a mysterious charge also ahahahah

gf and I went

ordered items was

- xl pho sate
- small pho (don remember what she ordered)
- ice tea
- tea

(26 bucks before tip ahahah didn't complain either since it was to damn good)

dj_rice
08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
The prices have gone up...the large is 8.00 now and the XL is 9.00

nj2Type-S
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
do you guys tip when you order for pick-up?

dj_rice
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
do you guys tip when you order for pick-up?

I for one, dont...there is no need to

GQBalla
08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
i never tip when i pick up.

signature7
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM

:werd: :werd: It makes me more nervous when a chinese or viet restaurant is uber clean and every so often the waitress comes up to asking, "how your meals is" in perfect english. The one by sunridge spectrum is perfect example for me.

dj_rice
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by signature7

:werd: :werd: It makes me more nervous when a chinese or viet restaurant is uber clean and every so often the waitress comes up to asking, "how your meals is" in perfect english. The one by sunridge spectrum is perfect example for me.

Pho Quynh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GQBalla
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
LOL come on now everyone knows who quynh caters too!!!

sabad66
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Anyone ever try Pho Thanh in Hunterhorn? Their Pho is amazing!

Sorath
08-11-2008, 07:25 PM
bagolac used to be good, now they sux

i only go to 2 places now pho88 and pho so 1

signature7
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
wow haven't tried pho88 since i was a kid and back then i hated all asian food. Damn i'm craving pho:drool:

GQBalla
08-12-2008, 09:25 AM
i have yet to try pho 88 i will soon though.

Pho Thanh is good its more authentic tasting but still not as good as dau bo and hoai imo

interlude
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
when i first went there.. service was bad.. but now i go 2 or 3 times a week with work peeps. Everytime we walk in.. we dont even have to order, they ask if we want the usual, and they bring everything for us.

No complaints about pho dau bo. :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
^^^

do they still tack on the hidden service charge or is the pricing exactly what it should be??

interlude
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
^^

nope.. no hidden charges.. actually sometimes they forget to charge us some stuff haha. No complaints from me.. my favorite pho restaurant so far. The beef they serve is amazing compared to some places.

Pho 88 is good.. I think they dont use any MSG.

MrSector9
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
bagolac was not very good for pho, wouldn't say it was bad but I would never order it again. my buddy got one of the soups and it looked super good... didn't taste to bad either.

oriental phoenix I do like, I would never say it was viet though at the same time, I should also state that I only like a couple of the dishes pho not being one.

quyn i liked before I knew better.

places I enjoy the pho but all have their own reasons I like it pho88, golden79, the spot beside lucky supermarket in forest lawn, noodle world, pretty much most places in forest lawn to be honest.

nj2Type-S
08-18-2008, 09:15 AM
anyone ever been to that new place on macleod and southland called "rice for king"? the sign said "european and asian cuisine". they could've just said "vietnamese restaurant" since i didn't see any european dishes on the menu....the food was sub par to typical viet restaurants, the prices are bit higher than the average but the place is clean...lol....i don't think i'll be coming back to this place, though...

adam c
08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
anyone ever been to that new place on macleod and southland called "rice for king"? the sign said "european and asian cuisine". they could've just said "vietnamese restaurant" since i didn't see any european dishes on the menu....the food was sub par to typical viet restaurants, the prices are bit higher than the average but the place is clean...lol....i don't think i'll be coming back to this place, though...

dude. nelson man

clean = sucks

nj2Type-S
08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
we just checked it out cuz it had just opened and we didn't know what they were actually serving. when we sat down and they showed us the menu, it was just another vietnamese restaurant, lol. :thumbsdow

n1zm0
08-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I went to Le Da this weekend, what do they specialize in?, cause the Pho was ok, definetely different, as in barely any star anise/almost a chicken broth flavour, the fresh homemade ground chili was soooo fken good tho, wow i'm a sucker for that shit.

so experts, what's their best dish, bun, com.. pho?

dj_rice
08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Le Da's best dish is their marijuana :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The couple of times I've been to Le Da, I've ordered the Curry Beef with Bun dish...

adam c
08-18-2008, 11:58 AM
i think if le da and pho bau do mixed their sate's it would be so freaking good

GQBalla
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
le da is definately better for their rice dishes i find

dj_rice
08-18-2008, 03:46 PM
le da is definately better for their rice dishes i find

I guess but what variety of rice dishes do Viet restaurants really have..its the usual, spring rolls or lemon grass pork chop and maybe a fried egg...not much selection

n1zm0
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Le Da's best dish is their marijuana :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol are you talking about the ... give or take 6-7 'hardcores' that came through the front and then came out from the back wheni was leaving?

or am i missing some inside nammer joke? :D

dj_rice
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM

lol are you talking about the ... give or take 6-7 'hardcores' that came through the front and then came out from the back wheni was leaving?

or am i missing some inside nammer joke? :D

If you go to Le Da at night you would understand the joke, tons of drug dealing in the pool tables area

n1zm0
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM

If you go to Le Da at night you would understand the joke, tons of drug dealing in the pool tables area

pool tables?! wtf, never saw that shit, lol i dont plan on going up there at night, maybe if i spoke viet..

dj_rice
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM

pool tables?! wtf, never saw that shit, lol i dont plan on going up there at night, maybe if i spoke viet..

There is a restaurant side and then theres a door that leads to the pool hall side of Le Da

adam c
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM

can't go in there unless ur viet.. at least I wouldn't

all I can really speak is just basic viet and I'm sure they would wonder what the hell I'm saying

dragonone
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
i'm sure it's u becasue while the service wasn't A grade it was decent for a pho place and they've been fairly consistent for all the times i went:dunno:

max_boost
09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
So I went to Pho Dau Bo today for the first time in at least a year.

Food was excellent.

Service was excellent.

For the first time ever, not only did the server clear our table of the pho bowls when we were done, she even came back and re-filled our waters! WTF! haha

Fantastic experience. Will go again very soon.

:drool: :thumbsup:

GQNammer
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM

Food was excellent.

Service was excellent.

For the first time ever, not only did the server clear our table of the pho bowls when we were done, she even came back and re-filled our waters! WTF! haha

WTF? Did they hire white folk?

adam c
09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
i always get "good" service there, possibly since the owner knows who i am though... always asks me about my daughter and we talk about kids or if i'm not there for a while she notices

now this peking peking place on the other hand... hell i'm just another white guy to them no matter how big of a tip i leave

lelalong
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Food was excellent.

Service was excellent.

My co-workers and I usually go there for lunch once a week. Its always fast and good. The service has improved a smidge more actually.

I've never been there in the evening though. Is it completely different?

Sate pho addiction FTW!

max_boost
09-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh I went for lunch and that sate was potent but delicious. If they could only make a slightly milder version I would go more often haha

Well honestly my expectations of service are pretty simple, just clear my plates and re-fill my water and I'll be very happy and a smile would be nice. :)

adam_c, sorry you had a negative experience at Peking Peking! I certainly don't make an effort to go out of my way to upset anyone!

signature7
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer

WTF? Did they hire white folk?

LMAO