PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Deerfoot @ Calf Robe today (Monday) around 11:50am?

Davetronz
08-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I was driving in the southbound fast lane on Deerfoot this afternoon. Just as I came off the Calf Robe bridge two idiots in a mud caked truck pulled up right on my bumper and started tailing me extremely close. As I came around the bend just off the bridge and before the auto wreckers, I had to brake for traffic in front of me. The guy tailing me slammed on the brakes and nearly hit me. Through my mirror I could see he was quite pissed.

So buddy speeds up and pulls next to me, rolls down his window and starts pelting the side of my car with garbage or rocks (they were hitting the body of my car and making significant noise). I attempt to slow down to try to get his plate, he matches speeds with me and wont let me fall behind him. He drops behind me and starts tailing me again. I attempt to get behind him, but can't as he is staying right on my bumper. He followed me all the way to Anderson on my tail and then did a last minute turn off onto Anderson/Bow Bottom. He stayed behind me (and I couldn't slow down anymore on Deerfoot) until I had passed him enough that his plate wasn't visible.

The truck was a white/brown/black (couldn't honestly tell because it was so caked in mud) import pickup with a white rounded topper. I think it was either a Toyota or possibly a Nissan. From what I could tell there wasn't any emblem on the front of the truck. It was an older model, late 80's, maybe early 90's. I was driving my 05 Orange Mazda 6 GT Sport. The truck had a male driver and a male passenger, both in their 20's or at the most, early 30's.

If anyone has ANY information or witnessed this, please let me know as the police would love some more information. If the gutless prick who did this is reading this on the forum, be confident that your driving style and arrogant behavior will catch up to you on Calgary's roads one day.

:thumbsdow

zipdoa
08-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Holy shit... I would've pulled onto the shoulder right then and there and had a little chat about it! What a peice of shit!

beyond_ban
08-11-2008, 02:09 PM
i would have sped up and gotten away rather then slowing down so he can throw more rocks at me. Regardless, what a prick and i hope his dumbass gets taught a lesson by another driver soon!

Davetronz
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I also have a few significant chips to my paint thanks to this ass :(

JAYMEZ
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I would probably had done a break check :rofl:

puya.ro
08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
i wish you find a witness that saw everything and get them to testify in court for you.
throwing shit at your car while going 100kmh could get your car fixed and his license suspended or something.

ill look for a dirty truck today on my way home :)

Stealth22
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Ask the CPS to send a media release out, asking anyone who saw the vehicle to call 266-1234. Or if they won't do it, ask the TV stations to politely do it for you.

Most of the people in this city watch TV and listen to the radio. I'm sure SOMEONE who saw it happen will call the cops for you.

climer
08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I would probably had done a break check :rofl:

Or better yet, downshift into 2nd...

davidm_86
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
Ask the CPS to send a media release out, asking anyone who saw the vehicle to call 266-1234. Or if they won't do it, ask the TV stations to politely do it for you.

Most of the people in this city watch TV and listen to the radio. I'm sure SOMEONE who saw it happen will call the cops for you.

To add to this advice, you can try calling the radio stations as well. If they mention it during rush hour when most people are on Deerfoot stuck in traffic listening to the radio... maybe someone will remember some details.

The brake check would have been fun... but truck vs. car, most likely the prick would have just rammed you, then just took off. Then you're really screwed. It wouldn't be the first time I witnessed a hit-and-run like that.

Sorry to hear about it though. If someone threw rocks at my car and chipped the paint, I'd want to stone them to death.

Kennyredline
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
A douchebag in a pickup strikes again!
I bet those guys got home, fucked each other in the ass, then cried in each others arms.

Grogador
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Back in highschool, this loser in a pickup was pulling into the lot in front of me and decided to spin his tires in the gutter and spray gravel, chipped my hood to shit. We returned the favor at the end of the year. With bats. Ah, to be young again...

Shogged
08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
i saw this guy! he came up on me doing at least 140 as i was passing someone in the left lane. came up within what felt like a foot within my bumper.

now i'm the type of person who is only in the left lane to pass, simple as that. So i get really ticked when people treat me like someone abusing the left lane when if they waiting all of 10 more seconds i'd be out of it.

So I did what I always do! Tapped the brakes and watched as he freaked out.

So he came up and did it again, apparently not learning his lesson. So i flipped him the bird and went on my merry way.

This pushed him over the edge though, because as I get back into the middle lane, he speeds up and gets beside me, and hes just beat red in the face losing his shit. I can tell hes swearing his face off, and I mean, i've got 3 kids in the car, i've done as much as I'm willing to risk, so I just laugh it off and drop back a bit to try and shake this loser

Then he procedes to rip in front of me, and play the same game I was playing with him. However instead of a harmless warning tap, he slams on the brakes and we must have been doing 40 by the time I slowed down.

This pissed me off to no end. I've got 3 kids in the car and this buddy wants to play high risk games like that. I mean sure, i might have been asking for it but I can't stand people who would put kids at risk like that. Grow up.

Anyways, his license plate is LED -146. I didn't see him throwing shit at you, but i can sure give them something else to get him for. PM if you want my contact details for the police!

dj_rice
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Shogged

Anyways, his license plate is LED -146. I didn't see him throwing shit at you, but i can sure give them something else to get him for. PM if you want my contact details for the police!

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
oh snap !

Grogador
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
dang, CSI styles

2000TL
08-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 410440
oh snap !

+1 damnn !

signature7
08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
wow, amazing work! I hope the truck gets what's coming to him.
By the way, i would have everything written down on paper, get all the details down. Anything and everything you can remember, even the shape of his lights and stupid crap like that. If you can makea positive match that it's him the better for the cops. He'll make up his own story, maybe saying it wasn't him. So back everything up, don't wanna let him get away,

TomcoPDR
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Tuning into what's going to become another epic Beyond mega thread!

Davetronz
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Shogged
i saw this guy! he came up on me doing at least 140 as i was passing someone in the left lane. came up within what felt like a foot within my bumper.

now i'm the type of person who is only in the left lane to pass, simple as that. So i get really ticked when people treat me like someone abusing the left lane when if they waiting all of 10 more seconds i'd be out of it.

So I did what I always do! Tapped the brakes and watched as he freaked out.

So he came up and did it again, apparently not learning his lesson. So i flipped him the bird and went on my merry way.

This pushed him over the edge though, because as I get back into the middle lane, he speeds up and gets beside me, and hes just beat red in the face losing his shit. I can tell hes swearing his face off, and I mean, i've got 3 kids in the car, i've done as much as I'm willing to risk, so I just laugh it off and drop back a bit to try and shake this loser

Then he procedes to rip in front of me, and play the same game I was playing with him. However instead of a harmless warning tap, he slams on the brakes and we must have been doing 40 by the time I slowed down.

This pissed me off to no end. I've got 3 kids in the car and this buddy wants to play high risk games like that. I mean sure, i might have been asking for it but I can't stand people who would put kids at risk like that. Grow up.

Beyond is AMAZING. Thanks for all the help, this is epic and made my entire evening.

I'll definitely let you know if I need any more info.

rmk
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh snap

Keep us updated :clap:

89s1
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Another douche about to get Beyowned

Destinova403
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
wow... file a police report as fast as you can with that information.
maybe youll get a chance to talk to him face to face in court
i wonder how red hell be then...

AllGoNoShow
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
If you both file one or atleast call in there will be a better chance that anything will happen. One complaint they will look at but a few they may do something about.

7thgenvic
08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
can someone find an address on this dood....would be nice to drop off a little invoice from the body shop...what a douche

schocker
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
wow, beyond csi never fails to amaze. make sure you both file reports though so they see it is not just a one time deal that they follow it up and do something about this idiot.

Kloubek
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
kick ass guys. I get a fuzzy feeling being on this site sometimes. :) Nice work.

I'm surprised the plate was visible, considering the amount of mud that was all over the truck.

Hope the cops can do something with two witnesses to his assholeness.

anarchy
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Holy fuck!

Beyond CSI is fucking ridiculous, seriously.

This is going to get EPIC for SURES!

:eek:

cam_wmh
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
So what kind of truck was it? Toyotas are quite common with the offroaders. A muddy one with a topper - especially white will really stand out.

He was headed southbound on Deerfoot at night, indicates he may been going home. Taking Bow Bottom narrows it down to..

Parkland
Deer Ridge
Queensland
Bonavista
Diamond Cove

Further, he may have taken Bow Bottom to avoid being at a light with you on Anderson, and in fact lives further south...

Midnapore/Sundance/Chaparral

or

Evergreen/Shawnessy/Millrise/Bridlewood

Please keep us posted. I hate crap like this, but be thankful you're home fine.

Destinova403
08-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
So what kind of truck was it? Toyotas are quite common with the offroaders. A muddy one with a topper - especially white will really stand out.

He was headed southbound on Deerfoot at night, indicates he may been going home. Taking Bow Bottom narrows it down to..

Parkland
Deer Ridge
Queensland
Bonavista
Diamond Cove

Further, he may have taken Bow Bottom to avoid being at a light with you on Anderson, and in fact lives further south...

Midnapore/Sundance/Chaparral

or

Evergreen/Shawnessy/Millrise/Bridlewood

Please keep us posted. I hate crap like this, but be thankful you're home fine.

ill keep an eye out in parkland by my house

but really he could be going anywhere... over to canyon meadows or south to sundance or mindapore etc.

Shogged
08-11-2008, 11:35 PM
to my knowledge, it was a white 1st gen tacoma.

When he came up on me in the rear view, it was either so muddy i didn't see the giant toyota logo, or it was an after market front grill.

and Kloubek, his plate is super easy to read when its right in front of you going 40 on deerfoot haha. Plus I remember it well because it made me think of lead pipe, and how if I didn't have children in the car, i would have liked to take one and give him a make over! :rolleyes:

cam_wmh
08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Well done lad.

pyroza
08-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Beyond CSI'd!

Keep us updated :)

signature7
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
shogged, did you write down his plate number when the incident occured to you or did you have to memorize it. I dont want the slightest chance of this guy getting loose lol.

rps13_sx
08-12-2008, 12:58 AM
edit nvm

puya.ro
08-12-2008, 07:19 AM
i have a friend at the registries. i can find out what he drives, where he lives and everything...
although i dont know if thats legal for me to find out.
pm me who's interested :P

black_radiation
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
I saw this fuck on Deerfoot the other day tailgating an early 2000's corolla(white) and endangering about 3 other cars while doing it(changing from the left lane to the middle lanes EXTREMELY aggressively to get around vehicles in the passing lane and almost spilling over into my lane(I was turning off onto 24th into douglasdale) I'm certain I've seen this truck in Cranston before too.

ricosuave
08-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Larf, well done - go get 'em!

A790
08-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Hahaha that's hilarious. So, outcomes of this are...?

SJW
08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I live in Cranston. If he's in here I will find him. I've seen this truck before doin shitty stuff. Will take a cruise around.

black_radiation
08-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Beyond meet in Cranston? lol

Toms-SC
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Anybody calling this in?

jhmed
08-12-2008, 08:18 AM
subscribed! Hope this douche gets the book thrown at him.

Fuckin' rednecks...

Eleanor
08-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Beyond CSI strikes again!

revelations
08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
this guy is in for a world of beats...

Davetronz
08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Doesn't look like it was a match with the previously posted plate number. Thanks for keeping the eyes open though guys, I appreciate it.

The damage to my car is probably only about $40-$100, only one dent/chip that I'd bother fixing. I'll get it priced out this week or next some time.

I just hope karma bites this dude in the ass.

Stealth22
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Is it possible the guy who got his plate made a typo or didn't remember correctly? Maybe CPS can do a search for similar plates, like say LEO or EED instead of LED...or did they try that already? I'm sure they would have thought of that...

Tik-Tok
08-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Is it possible the guy who got his plate made a typo or didn't remember correctly? Maybe CPS can do a search for similar plates, like say LEO or EED instead of LED...or did they try that already? I'm sure they would have thought of that...

Or it's a stolen plate, or just used of another vehicle the douche owns.

TorqueDog
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm liking where this is going.

puya.ro
08-12-2008, 11:35 PM
my friend at the registries played around with the licence plate numbers/letters and from what he said, all he found was a dodge ram

88CRX
08-13-2008, 12:14 AM

CPS doesn't do that.... if your not 100% son the plate number it's no deal on the report.

Or atleast that was my experience hitting shit that fell off a truck on deerfoot.

signature7
08-13-2008, 12:39 AM
:werd:

cops won't usually do it. Because you show some doubt, and non top priorty stuff like that gets the benefit of the doubt. Cops want to nab the bastard for sure not "95 percent for sure"

Davetronz
08-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Yea, anything that shows doubt or uncertainty doesn't hold a lot of water in the legal process.
Oh well.

Stealth22
08-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, for instance, let's say the plate that was on that truck was LED-146. CPS said it wasn't a match. As Tik-Tok said, it could be a stolen plate, or just a plate off another one of his cars. The fact that the OP hasn't told us anything like 'CPS said that plate has been reported stolen' leads me to believe it just belongs to another one of his cars. Probably not, but hey, its possible that he's that stupid :rofl:

Beyond CSI ought to open an investigation :bigpimp:

SJW
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Someone PM me the address of the LED 146 plate and i'll do a drive by.

climer
08-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Doesn't look like it was a match with the previously posted plate number. Thanks for keeping the eyes open though guys, I appreciate it.

The damage to my car is probably only about $40-$100, only one dent/chip that I'd bother fixing. I'll get it priced out this week or next some time.

I just hope karma bites this dude in the ass.

The vehicle doesn't match?

It might be worth visiting the address just in case the douchebag has 2 vehicles and is simply using the plates off of his other vehicle.

nich148_9
08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Nice work, Beyond CSI!

Edit: Aw darn; didn't realize that there were 3 pages. Only read page 1.

colinxx235
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by nich148_9
Nice work, Beyond CSI!

Edit: Aw darn; didn't realize that there were 3 pages. Only read page 1.

damn 04's :rofl: :rofl:

rpalm35
08-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by climer

The vehicle doesn't match?

It might be worth visiting the address just in case the douchebag has 2 vehicles and is simply using the plates off of his other vehicle.

That's what i was thinking.

We can't let this guy get away that easy!!

Rednecks need to be taught a lesson.

mboldt
08-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Subscribed.

flipstah
08-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Are we still looking?

I may have a sighting. I took a picture of it just in case but I will not post it because I may be blaming an inoccent individual.

Was it at least a black Toyota Tacoma? With shiny chrome lights on top of the roof? If not, ignore this message.

PM if it may be a possibility.

TeamBestBud
08-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Someone PM me the address of the LED 146 plate and i'll do a drive by.

I Lol'ed

:rofl: :rofl: