PDA

View Full Version : Houston, TX

accordboi_02
08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I am going there for a week in Sept, just wondering if anyone has any tips on what there is to do/see??

I am already going to a NFL game, and maybe MLB... any touristy things to check out?

PearlTSX
08-12-2008, 10:26 AM
You could do a tour of the Johnson Space center. I did it and thought it was really cool. You can see an Apollo rocket that was never launched and the Apollo mission control center.

Also go down to the waterfront Kemah boardwalk and the beaches in Galveston

analbumcover
08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195271/houston-texas/

JWL
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
For some shopping, go to the Galleria. They also have some amazing museums at the Museum District - some are free (the Holocaust one is). They also have an amazing consignment store if you're into that kinda stuff... It's called The Buffalo Express and I got a pair of Se7ens for $28. LOL... You should also visit the Rice University area, lots of cheap eats and students.;) Actually there is a lot of good food in general. Make sure you try some Tex-Mex, Crawfish and Chicken Fried Steak! LOL!

HendrixJr1987
08-12-2008, 10:58 AM
lol used to live in Houston Texas. To young to really tell you what was cool. I remember the Johnson Space Center, that was pretty cool! Galveston is also good. Hmm there was also something else down there (gulf of mexico) where you can go onto a docked Submarine and battleship which was really cool too.

+1 on the food JWL mentioned. hahaha good old Chicken Fried Steak and Crawfish. And people wonder why everything in Texas is bigger...