PDA

View Full Version : Song Cutting Program

Dave P
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
So I finally bought a new computer, and for the first time ever have a cd burner (hahaha please dont laugh, to hard)

I have a lot of livesets that are over the 80 min a cd holds.

Is there a program out there that will let me chop it down to reasonable sizes so i can fit them on a cd?

Thanks guys.

mazdavirgin
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Audacity

Grogador
08-12-2008, 10:50 AM
hahaha are you serious? I had an HP 2x burner back in like 1998... save yourself the hassle, buy an mp3 player or a deck that plays mp3 cd's... fit 10hrs of music on a CD... cutting sets is ghey.

Dave P
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Grogador
save yourself the hassle, buy an mp3 player or a deck that plays mp3 cd's... fit 10hrs of music on a CD... cutting sets is ghey.

woah woah woah lets not get crazy haha.

actaully i just got a truck that doesnt have a mp3 capable deck, so im swapping it out, but for the time been i have a big road trip coming up and need some tunage

Grogador
08-12-2008, 11:40 AM
right on :D didn't mean to jump on ya but cmon... it's 2008 ;)

eblend
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin
Audacity

werd

Doozer
08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Actually, that's one of the only pet peeves of my Alty ... I can't believe companies were offering an '06 model with no mp3 capbility built in to the factory deck. They had it on every other model that year (except maybe the Sentra/Versa?), but not the Alty.

The in-dash 6-disc changer is good for daily driving, but I bought an FM adapter for my mp3 player for long trips. I've only used it a couple times, but it's something you might want to consider if that's the only reason you're burning these discs.

Getting an adapter is probably easier and faster than worrying about editing or cutting songs/ burning cds.

jwslam
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin
Audacity

x2

Rocky
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
1. Audacity
2. Yes, you are definitely very, very behind on that one. haha.

In all truth, it will be easier and cheaper in the long run to get an iPod and some sort of FM tuner to use it through your car stereo.

Lastly, I use a free program called CDBurnerXP which is actually quite handy. Don't know how in-depth the feature set is on it, but it's definitely the least bloated, quickest burning program I've used.