PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Opening Ceremony a Sham

Spoons
08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2534499/Beijing-Olympic-2008-opening-ceremony-giant-firework-footprints-faked.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2545387/Beijing-Olympics-Faking-scandal-over-girl-who-sang-in-opening-ceremony.html

Sorry if it is a repost, tried to search. Kind of retarded if you ask me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00788/olympics-opening-fo_788699c.jpg
http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/iran-missle-launch-picture-fake.jpg

Sophal
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
meh it's the chinese

StupidWade
08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sophal
meh it's the chinese

Yeah, just a cheap knockoff of a real opening ceremony.

I'll probably be able to buy an opening ceremony just like it for $39 at Walmart in 3 months but it'll break the first time I try to launch the fireworks.

rage2
08-12-2008, 08:30 PM
The fireworks was announced as a cinematographic display, it was announced before the ceremonies. Even the NBC announcers explained that the part you're seeing is a recorded sequence. You can't fly a helicopter over live fireworks to film it live. Obviously, english press wants to make it sound like it was a secret.

At the end of the day, the fireworks happened with the 29 steps, and we got to experience it as a staged setup on TV. It wasn't a secret.

redevil
08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
wow, I'm sure there is other stuff that will eventually come up during these games:thumbsdow

xLostx
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
my life is ruined, whatever will I do now :cry:

mikestang
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
blatant propaganda is annoying, i like the more subtle kind :P

89coupe
08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Seriously, who fucking cares. The whole fucking games is a joke. Anything to do with athleticism is fucking doped, if you aren't cheating, you aren't winning. Its pretty sad.

mikestang
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
ps. whats the big deal?

they tricked us!

are you telling me what I see might not really be whats happening?! OH MY GOD!

china wants to put on the best show possible... exactly what people want to see.

black13
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Seriously what is up with all this propoganda stuff against China? Is the Western world really afraid of seeing China become the next superpower or something?

Regardless, they put on possibly one of the best openings ever and there is no way the London games can outdo them.

mikestang
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
they will definately bring it up at the next games

"unlike the china games opening ceremony, theres nothing fake about this!"

"definately one of the best non fabricated opening ceremonies ever!"

Shift_Perform
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
because other countries are jelous of china having the olympics this year, with a fantastic grand opening and they report stuff as if it was a secret/shame

I think this years olympics opening ceremony was the best, fuck those who say its not great, china spent 60 billion to have the olympics happen

*ps. some of the computer graphics were told to be comp grapics, dumbasses

jay42w8
08-12-2008, 09:04 PM
People are so stupid...there's no sham, they came out on their own and reported it.

ZorroAMG
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform
blah blah blah

Every time I see your username, I laugh.

Shift_roffling.

LOL at the fireworks, bet they cost $34.50.

lilmira
08-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I didn't pay attention to the commentary but when I saw the aerial view of the footprint firework it didn't look real to me.
Then I read about the news and was quite surprised that some people thought it was real.

Then there is the fuss about the little girl lip-sync. Wow that is unheard of in Hollywood, totally unacceptable. I thought it was kinda mean when they said they didn't put the actual girl who sang on stage because she is chubby and doesn't have nice teeth or something. Truth hurts.

mikestang
08-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Every time I see your username, I laugh.

Shift_roffling.

LOL at the fireworks, bet they cost $34.50.

be a man!

Canmorite
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Meh. We airbrush models, photoshop people, edit frames and film for Tv...

JAYMEZ
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Hmmm not a big deal if you asked me! It looked good on TV so who cares! I thought all the little acts and stuff was well done.. Especially with the amount of people they used!

kertejud2
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
And here I thought the fireworks tested positive for illegal substances.

colt22
08-13-2008, 12:23 AM
-------

Kloubek
08-13-2008, 12:33 AM
As it turns out, the girl who sang the song for the opening was lip synching. Also, the Chinese are putting volunteers in venues which are not sold out to make the crowd look bigger, and create more noise/environment.

Sounds like they are doing their best to put on the best show possible. But when it's all smoke and mirrors, who really gives a shit.

kaishen
08-13-2008, 02:50 AM
how the girls look like

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/news/08Aug08/images/20080812.183500_gals.jpg

sigh, what can we expect. they have the most fakes. just a while ago, i heard they put wetcupboard paper, mixed it with minced meat and served as fillings for meat buns.

i wonder how the girl would have felt when her voice was chosen and not her looks, and what was in their heads when they told the truth to the media.

Shift_Perform
08-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by kaishen
how the girls look like

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/news/08Aug08/images/20080812.183500_gals.jpg

sigh, what can we expect. they have the most fakes. just a while ago, i heard they put wetcupboard paper, mixed it with minced meat and served as fillings for meat buns.

i wonder how the girl would have felt when her voice was chosen and not her looks, and what was in their heads when they told the truth to the media.

lol at ur stupidity...

last week or 2 ago a asian guy cut a white dudes head off... so this goes for the rest of the chinese population including the government....hmmm...sound reasonable..

Grogador
08-13-2008, 03:48 AM
lol at ur stupidity...

last week or 2 ago a asian guy cut a white dudes head off... so this goes for the rest of the chinese population including the government....hmmm...sound reasonable..

wat?

Shift_Perform
08-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Grogador

wat?

kaisen said :
"sigh, what can we expect. they have the most fakes. just a while ago, i heard they put wetcupboard paper, mixed it with minced meat and served as fillings for meat buns."

my reply to this retard is meaning that tho there are fake stuff etc in china, even meat, doesnt mean you cant expect much from the olympics. The government spent time and money setting this up, and fools like these dont know and dont appreciate

flame all you want to my comments, but i hope you guys do some research on the topic before mocking a 60billion$ project + years of work

Eleanor
08-13-2008, 07:02 AM
wtf happened in this thread? :nut:

Melinda
08-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Holy crap, when did beyond turn into a bunch of sensitive girls? It's like the olympics has given you all a pair of panties or something and they're crammed so far up some of your asses that all you can do is bitch and whine about the most insignificant stuff.

Who cares what they're rumored to be serving for food, you're not eating it. And really, who gives a crap what was done with the fireworks or any part of the opening ceremonies. Was it entertaining to watch? Yes. So really, that's all that matters. And oh noes! They're hiring seat fillers for the more boring events! I'm sure that has NEVER been done before! :rolleyes:

The little girl swap is kinda mean, but seriously, what the hell do you expect from a communist nation whose #1 priority is to come off looking #1 to the rest of the world? :dunno:

Kona9
08-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Holy crap, when did beyond turn into a bunch of sensitive girls? It's like the olympics has given you all a pair of panties or something and they're crammed so far up some of your asses that all you can do is bitch and whine about the most insignificant stuff.

Who cares what they're rumored to be serving for food, you're not eating it. And really, who gives a crap what was done with the fireworks or any part of the opening ceremonies. Was it entertaining to watch? Yes. So really, that's all that matters. And oh noes! They're hiring seat fillers for the more boring events! I'm sure that has NEVER been done before! :rolleyes:

The little girl swap is kinda mean, but seriously, what the hell do you expect from a communist nation whose #1 priority is to come off looking #1 to the rest of the world? :dunno:

And she strikes again!!!

Thanks Melinda! :clap: :clap:

(I truly like how you just don't give a shit anymore. You used to be so passive, now you are straight up no bull shittin' honest!!)

Quizzes
08-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
As it turns out, the girl who sang the song for the opening was lip synching. Also, the Chinese are putting volunteers in venues which are not sold out to make the crowd look bigger, and create more noise/environment.

...they have seat fillers at major award ceremonies (ie: Oscars, Grammys) in America. :whocares:

Why do people feel the need to dog on the Chinese Olympics every which way they can??

Just enjoy it!

TYMSMNY2
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
^ because people are hypocritical. N.A. can photoshop and airbrush photos to make them "perfect' but China can't.

Superstars can lip sync but little Chinese girls can't.

hmmm

sea of ash
08-13-2008, 09:09 AM

Well I just think that it's only through raising points about China while it's the view of the world on its biggest stage that some real attention can be brought to the oppressionist and totalitarian control of its government. Sounds kinda lame but I think light needs to be shed on just how controlling the government is over there. Of course most people here on this side aren't gonna give a fuck about what goes on over there, but I think that sparking some debate and raising questions about the government can eventually lead to some oppression being removed.

Super_Geo
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by sea of ash

Well I just think that it's only through raising points about China while it's the view of the world on its biggest stage that some real attention can be brought to the oppressionist and totalitarian control of its government. Sounds kinda lame but I think light needs to be shed on just how controlling the government is over there. Of course most people here on this side aren't gonna give a fuck about what goes on over there, but I think that sparking some debate and raising questions about the government can eventually lead to some oppression being removed.

People have to understand... China isn't the USA, Canada, UK, or France. It has had a turbulent history, right through the 20th century.

It's easy to be an armchair politician here in North America and judge China's present without knowing anything about its past. You want to know why the Chinese are so supportive of the Communist Party? How about taking a look before and during WWII and the state that China was in. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it was one hell of a chaotic and bloody mess.

The Communists brought control and predictability, even though it came at a cost of some political freedoms. If you look at any country's history, when you don't take baby steps in reform you get a revolution, and when you're dealing with the largest country in the world... well... you do the math.

It's unfortunate how many surburbanites in North America read the text ticker on FOX news and believe that they know enough to form strong opinions.

TYMSMNY2
08-13-2008, 09:50 AM

what oppression are we talking about? You realize that the ruling regime has been Communist for the uhhh.. forever. Why are we sitting on our white horses over here and pointing out how things are run half way round the world when we can't run our own country properly.

Why don't we complain about the unemployment rates HERE... or the dwindling health care budgets that are happening HERE. Homeless rates in Calgary have gone up substantially since last year... where are your concerns?

Was is FOX news that edited an interview to spew its own propaganda all over N.America?

It's so easy to point out other people's faults but fail to see their own.

sea of ash
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY2

what oppression are we talking about? You realize that the ruling regime has been Communist for the uhhh.. forever. Why are we sitting on our white horses over here and pointing out how things are run half way round the world when we can't run our own country properly.

Why don't we complain about the unemployment rates HERE... or the dwindling health care budgets that are happening HERE. Homeless rates in Calgary have gone up substantially since last year... where are your concerns?

Was is FOX news that edited an interview to spew its own propaganda all over N.America?

I'm not saying that there aren't faults or propaganda here, but having experience from living in a very oppressed and limiting society in the middle east, I think exposing the kind of oppression that goes on in countries in other countries is key.

Antonito
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM

It's funny how quickly this retarded argument falls apart when it's pointed out that-SURPRISE-there is lots of discussion about homeless and health care here

Try again

SilverGS
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Compared to most totalitarian regimes and communist countries China is fairly open. It is why they didn't collapse like the USSR did. Yes they have done more than their fair share of things we don't agree with and find terrible. Most countries have.

You think that a couple articles about how they faked Olympic ceremonies or a few CDN protesters on the side of a Beijing road will make them change anything? If the IOC requirements for them to get the Olympics in the first place didn't make them change then those certainly won't do anything. Its not what ppl here think. Its what the Chinese government thinks. They have control and could care less about what anyone in NA has to say.

China is always on the world stage and there are plenty of opportunities for ppl to do their protests. As hard as it is lets try and keep the political garbage away from what the Olympics should be about. Hell Taiwan is at the Olympics and we know how China feels about them most of the time.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-13-2008, 10:43 AM
what the hell do you expect from a communist nation whose #1 priority is to come off looking #1 to the rest of the world? :dunno:

And there's the rub - China is using the Olympics as a PR event to make themselves look good, and therefore are under intense scrutiny. Pulling stunts like these is doing more to hurt their image than to help it.

syeve
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
The alarmist fashion this was all presented to the pubic (front page of the sun "too ugly.. blah blah") makes me sick. The states (throw Canada in there) are the epicenter of phony. Look at our singers/actors/models/everything etc...The hypocrisy makes me was to vomit.

They are the Olympics, don’t jump into the “bash china bandwagon” , remember, in 2 years…it will be Canada

Melinda
08-13-2008, 10:57 AM

Orly? Cause no one in the world had any idea what that government or country was about BEFORE the olympics. It took the government hurting a little girl's feelings and staging a fake fireworks show to demonstrate that to us, but wow, do I ever feel enlightened now. Let's definately have a discussion about something we have zero control over and will effectively have no influence on no matter how many arguments we make, all because of the major issues like seat fillers at the olympics :eek:

Give me a freakin break. How on earth do these new issues really stack up and show us ANYTHING we didn't already know about this country BEFORE the olympics? Some of you actally seem surprised about all of this. :rolleyes: You do know the chinese government made all their coaches sign contracts saying that their athletes wouldn't hurt themselves before the games, right? Heaven forbid someone broke that one, they would surely have been stoned to death. No one said they were rational, but really, wtf are you going to do about it by opening a dialogue on a car forum?

cloud7
08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
The opening ceremony was truly spectacular. I was impressed at the creativity that was exercised during the performances at the ceremony. I am now even more impressed that they foreseen that a helicopter couldn't possibly capture good footage of all the foot steps leading to the stadium, so they decided to do it by computers. They could have just taken the easy way out and used a helicopter to capture shitty shots but they decided that it is worth it put in a year worth of hard work to make everything perfect.

The girl lipsyncing was mean to the girl that actually sang the song. They should have found another girl who has the look and can sing as well, but we all know there is no such thing. Look at it his way, at least the government didn't force the ugly girl to get plastic surgery just to sing at the Olympics...

Gondi Stylez
08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Hahahaha Melinda those hormones are flowing strong it seems!!:D

You were never so"vocal"! Love it!!!:burnout:

Melinda
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
Hahahaha Melinda those hormones are flowing strong it seems!!:D

You were never so"vocal"! Love it!!!:burnout:
:angel:

calgarygts
08-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Seriously, who fucking cares. The whole fucking games is a joke. Anything to do with athleticism is fucking doped, if you aren't cheating, you aren't winning. Its pretty sad.

That's a shit view of things, how many people do you know at the games. I know a few at the summer and a lot more at the winter and know people who have already won a medal without doping. There are those who will do it but there are a lot of clean athletes too. I really like how you discount the whole thing though and everyone involved in it, nice to see.

TYMSMNY2
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

It's funny how quickly this retarded argument falls apart when it's pointed out that-SURPRISE-there is lots of discussion about homeless and health care here

Try again

discussions don't mean jack if it isn't acted upon.

Antonito
08-13-2008, 11:18 AM

discussions don't mean jack if it isn't acted upon.

That's great. Then either way you shouldn't care what happens in this thread or the media.

This should free up all sorts of time for you

max_boost
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Some of you guys are complete fucking morons.

TYMSMNY2
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM

That's great. Then either way you shouldn't care what happens in this thread or the media.

This should free up all sorts of time for you

I don't really know what your problem is but I'd suggest you go find somewhere else to vent your frustrations during your menstrual cycle.

Very good point Melinda, most of these issues were known prior to the Olympics. China wanted the olympics to prove to the world they are ready for business and the rest of the world wanted the opportunity to make some changes. It's really too bad to see the games being used for these reasons.

Spoons
08-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah not going to lie I just posted it as news... Rage was right the news portrays it as this huge deal. How they said it that it was never there and they just added fireworks to make it look better... but now I read into it and they were actually there, it was just for TV.

You guys turned this into a shit storm... wow

I regret posting this.

Antonito
08-13-2008, 12:22 PM

I don't really know what your problem is but I'd suggest you go find somewhere else to vent your frustrations during your menstrual cycle.

My point is that you are using really weak strawman excuses to hopefully get everybody to keep from offending your precious sensibilities.

TYMSMNY2
08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
yeah... I'm so offended. :cry: :rolleyes:

Shift_Perform
08-13-2008, 01:23 PM
^ because people are hypocritical. N.A. can photoshop and airbrush photos to make them "perfect' but China can't.

Superstars can lip sync but little Chinese girls can't.

hmmm

yea she cant...because shes chinese... mother fucken dumbasses out there want chinese to do super shit or else they will mock and put down them.

The USA is a jelous and competitive country (im sure even some of you know...), and when they see another country rising towards there level and may surpass them, they find it a threat and will try there best to mock

either way, im happy china has there time to shine FUCK those who dont like it :D

beyond_ban
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM

yea she cant...because shes chinese... mother fucken dumbasses out there want chinese to do super shit or else they will mock and put down them.

The USA is a jelous and competitive country (im sure even some of you know...), and when they see another country rising towards there level and may surpass them, they find it a threat and will try there best to mock

either way, im happy china has there time to shine FUCK those who dont like it :D

someones Chinese?
:drama:

Trini
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
talk about making a mountain out of a mole hole :nut:

Antonito
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM

yea she cant...because shes chinese...

What a bunch of shit. Hmm, lets see here, what happened to the last pop star that got busted lip synching to someone elses vocals....last I can think of is Milli Vanilli

Remember them? What was the last you heard from them? Other than when one of them commited suicide because everyone was making them into a giant joke for lip synching?

saiyajin
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM

What a bunch of shit. Hmm, lets see here, what happened to the last pop star that got busted lip synching to someone elses vocals....last I can think of is Milli Vanilli

Remember them? What was the last you heard from them? Other than when one of them commited suicide because everyone was making them into a giant joke for lip synching?

ashlee simpson on saturday night live?? :dunno:
she aint dead yet

gqmw
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Who cares...either way it was still a great show, they wanted to put on the best show possible and it was a very good show.

Antonito
08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

ashlee simpson on saturday night live?? :dunno:
she aint dead yet

I didn't realise it was someone elses vocals

Also, she did get mocked very badly

AzNxHyDrA
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
:whocares:
The opening ceremoney looked great, it was a pretty darn good performance so deal with it. We'll see what happens when 2010 comes.

Tik-Tok
08-13-2008, 04:03 PM

I didn't realise it was someone elses vocals

Also, she did get mocked very badly

It wasn't. She was lipsynching her own voice (as do most entertainers at one point.

As to the big hoopla. Oh well. The people who ACTUALLY PAID TO BE THERE, got a magnificent show, while we at home, WHO DIDN'T PAY SQUAT, got some computer rendered graphics.

All those complaining, next time, go buy a plane ticket and see the show in real life.

rage2
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
What's the difference? If you listen to current music all you hear is the singer's autotune'd, EQ's and synthisized voice. The original vocal track sounds NOTHING like what you hear on an album. Hell, autotune and post processing has gotten so good that it's used at pretty much ALL concerts now, so the singer can be off through the whole song and you would have no idea whatsoever.

At the end of the day, you're still enjoying the performance, and that's what matters. If you're so upset about it, you should stop listening to all music, because very little is real these days.

As for Milli Vanilli, I lived through that era (I'm old), and nobody cared that they were lip synching someone else's vocals until the media made a huge fuss about it. Even when their performances fucked up live, nobody cared, and enjoyed the show. They were made fun of for lip synching, it was so blatantly obvious at EVERY live gig (including on the Arsenio Hall Show), and people still bought their albums. It was the media (bored looking for good juicy news), lawyers launching class action lawsuits for fraud, and MV haters that prompted the whole boycott thing, which ended their careers.

As an interesting note, the reason the whole MV thing happened was because the producer saw that the music scene has focused more on image than talent (like it still is today), and he figured he can create something that has both and dominate the world. It was the perfect plan until they won a Grammy and he felt guilty and confessed the whole thing.

l/l/rX
08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
i personally loved the opening ceremonies, thought it was done tastefully.

i could totally tell the beginning was not real and that the little girl was lip synching. there were a few parts where it just didn't match up, and at the end it looked like she ran out of breathe when the voice was still going.

MEH! she was adorable!!! When they first showed her i was like "awww" yes... how gay of me. but i love kids.

but ya, i could not give 2 shits about the beginning being computerized and thet girl lip synching. it was a great show!

sh0ko
08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Some of you guys are complete fucking morons. \

hahaha u r my idol!

2002civic
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
who cares...

Antonito
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by rage2

What's the difference? If you listen to current music all you hear is the singer's autotune'd, EQ's and synthisized voice. The original vocal track sounds NOTHING like what you hear on an album. Hell, autotune and post processing has gotten so good that it's used at pretty much ALL concerts now, so the singer can be off through the whole song and you would have no idea whatsoever.

At the end of the day, you're still enjoying the performance, and that's what matters. If you're so upset about it, you should stop listening to all music, because very little is real these days.

As for Milli Vanilli, I lived through that era (I'm old), and nobody cared that they were lip synching someone else's vocals until the media made a huge fuss about it. Even when their performances fucked up live, nobody cared, and enjoyed the show. They were made fun of for lip synching, it was so blatantly obvious at EVERY live gig (including on the Arsenio Hall Show), and people still bought their albums. It was the media (bored looking for good juicy news), lawyers launching class action lawsuits for fraud, and MV haters that prompted the whole boycott thing, which ended their careers.

As an interesting note, the reason the whole MV thing happened was because the producer saw that the music scene has focused more on image than talent (like it still is today), and he figured he can create something that has both and dominate the world. It was the perfect plan until they won a Grammy and he felt guilty and confessed the whole thing.

Read what I quoted when I wrote what you quoted.This is a matter of making proper comparisons. Never mind all this pop star audiotune stuff, that's not the right comparison, because there is a direct equivalent here. In the quote I responded to, the guy was babbling about how it's only because she's Chinese. And like I said, that's bullshit. This happened to an American act too. And when it did, there was a giant media furor, and lots of people made a giant deal out of it

So, if you want to actually compare what Americans responses are to actually similar events:

American performers get outted lip synching someone elses volals ---> Nation wide outrage by media and many (not all) people

Chinese performer gets outted lip synching someone elses vocals ---> Nation wide outrage by media and many (not all) people

So don't give me all this "ooooh, it's a conspiracy against China, waaaaaah" (relating to who I was originally talking to, not Rage)

As for all this audiotune stuff, I think anybody that uses an electric guitar is the devil :poosie:

sh0ko
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM

+1

Super_Geo
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
How is there 4 pages of discussion over this?

I'm disappointed to see that people give this much of a shit about CG fireworks and lip syncing.

If you use up all your huge manatees on this, there won't be any huge manatees left for the children, now will there? And won't someone please think of the children?

heavyD
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I didn't even watch the ceremonies but I have a couple of kids and I think the lip synching is about as low as it gets. It's one thing when adults like Milli Vanilli are orchestrated. The actual singers know they can't make it on their voice alone because they aren't pretty and can deal with it because they will make money. But to tell a seven year old little girl "We are going to use your voice but want this other girl to go on stage and pretend she's singing it because you're not pretty and she is." WTF this is the Olympics for crying out loud not a Hollywood presentation. I'll never understand Asians.

lilmira
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Regardless of them using the original girl or not, there are a bunch of girls didn't get picked because they are either ugly, can't sing or both and they were told directly or indirectly. That's the kind of society we are living in, like it or not.

Now that if they did use the not so pretty original girl, people are going to complain about it. You can't win. I do agree that they could have made it look a lot better, I know the Hollywood would have.

To the general public, the Olympics is no different than any other shows on TV. You can see similar tricks every day on magazine and TV. Remember Keira Knightley's boobs on King Arthur poster?
We are so used to it on this side of the globe now that we saw it in China and we said wow "we can't have that, unacceptable."

It isn't right but it isn't any worse than what we do here.

Shift_Perform
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM

dude..i was being sarcastic about the lip synching thing... i was mocking some fool who posted before me

avow
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
i couldn't believe it when i heard it. sucks to be the ugly girl who got the shaft :drama:

Zephyr
08-15-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=179222&title=special-olympics-update

John Stewart nails it on the lip syncing! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: