PDA

View Full Version : bell htc touch

smc
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I am rather keen on getting 3g Iphone, but I have a bell HTC touch with ~ 19 months on contract.

Would it be easier to sell the phone with 8 gb micro SD for around ~200 and cancel the contract (I think the penalty is $300), or try to find someone to take over the contract and give a way the phone?

The contract is is $40/month 250 minutes/ free evening and weekends/ free incoming/ unlimited moble interent/ caller ID and 3 VM. If I findsome one to take over the contract can I keep my phone number?

I'm just not sure of the value of a used HTC touchs or the interest of people taking over contracts.

thx

Ajay
08-13-2008, 11:28 PM
If you get someone to take over the contract you lose your phone number. If you sell the phone and cancel your contract you'll also lose your phone number.

Best bet in this situation is buying the phone you want straight outright and trying to find someone to take the HTC off your hands after the new one is activated. Unless of course Bell is willing to give you an upgrade. Doubtful if you still have 19 months on your contract.

mrjay1987
08-14-2008, 12:23 AM
19 months x $20 per month for leaving bell = $380

If you wanna keep your number and go to rogers, port over the number to rogers and then your contract will be over. All you have to do is pay for the cancellation fees.

smc
08-14-2008, 08:02 AM
ouch, I thought there was a maximum cancellation fee of 300

Ajay
08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Not sure how it works with Bell but I know with Telus the cancellation fee was $100 or the number of months remaining on the contract, whichever was greater. So if you had 2 months remaining it wouldn't be just $40 it would be $100 but if you had 10 months remaining it wouldn't be $100 it would be $200. Not sure if Bell works the same.

GoChris
08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
the htc diamond is coming out. maybe you might like that phone. should have a nice new interface and slightly small size, but with a MUCH higher resolution screen than the touch and iphone.

smc
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
the htc diamond is coming out. maybe you might like that phone. should have a nice new interface and slightly small size, but with a MUCH higher resolution screen than the touch and iphone.

Unfortunately the phone is limited to 4gb of internal memory. Any information on a release date?

GoChris
08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
not firm, but probably this month according to the gossip on howardforums or early sept.

but ya, limited to 4gb. not a problem for me but of course a problem for some.