PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!!

kkkate..
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
So heres the story,

Im trying to do an engine swap for my civic because mine leaks a TON of oil. I got everything ready to go EXCEPT the crank pulley bolt wont come off.. the garage has power but the people who rent the house from my parents have cut the power off... i have no idea how else i would get this bolt off except with a torque wrench (which unfortunately) requires power.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im willing to pay someone to come to the garage and do it for me... it would be soooooooooooooooooooo appreciated!

THanks!

Thaco
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
if you have a compressor you could fill it and take it to the garage... or try to find a power outlet on the outside of the house to steal off of for a bit

Grogador
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Spray some wd40 or other penetrating de-seizing stuff on it, leave it for a bit then take a bigass breaker bar to it. If that fails, blowtorch it: the expansion of the metal should un-seize it and also cook the grimey shit.

Kloubek
08-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Buy two extension cords and ask the neighbor to use theirs for ten minutes? :dunno:

kkkate..
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I do have a compressor, and i did try the extension cord neighbor thing, it just blew the fuse...

and we tried just plugging in but this lady is crazzzzzzzzzy and doesnt speak much english and was screaming at me, even though i own the house she rents...