PDA

View Full Version : Something i thought about

rice_eater
09-07-2003, 12:47 AM
well i was bored out of my tree today at work so i was thinking...you know how some of you guys have the say no to street racing sigs? Why not turn those into stickers...do a joint thing with race city and get those stickers out there for the people that do indeed go to the track and don't street race...that way we would be promoting safer driving on the streets and cops would give us a break on the stupid shit like exhaust too big and other useless crap like that. What do you guys think?

lammer
09-07-2003, 01:14 AM
:thumbsup: with a shameless plug www.beyond.ca on it aswell ahha.

finboy
09-07-2003, 10:59 PM
sounds like an idea

Mckenzie
09-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
well i was bored out of my tree today at work so i was thinking...you know how some of you guys have the say no to street racing sigs? Why not turn those into stickers...do a joint thing with race city and get those stickers out there for the people that do indeed go to the track and don't street race...that way we would be promoting safer driving on the streets and cops would give us a break on the stupid shit like exhaust too big and other useless crap like that. What do you guys think?

:thumbsup:

That was the most intelligent post of yours I have read in a while...... sounds like a good idea G.:love:

ZMan2k2
09-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Even though I don't race my car either on road or at the track, I'd sport one of those. I'm sick of all the damn ricer fly-bys and stupid tire squeaks (they are so weak they can't be called squaks) from kids in a rusty POS civic or jetta with their fart-cannon muffler, and their cool ghetto steel rims.

Akagi Redsuns
09-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Street racing as in "organized" street racing on Saturday nights or you mean street racing on the streets like a extended stop-light grand prix?

Just curious......................

Superesc
09-08-2003, 08:58 AM
I think we were targeting more of the organized street racing, trying to convert ppl out of those Sat. Nite meet to safer events such as Secret Street and Beyond's Track days.

rice_eater
09-08-2003, 12:20 PM
those guys are the ultimate morrons so let them get caught and their cars impounded...organized street racing happens once a week in summer...street racing happens everywhere any time of the day, any time of the year. How are cops to distinguish the fool who's been cutting people off left right and center trying to get someone to race him, and the quiet guy who just wants to take his car home from some "track duty"? There isn't one, and chances are you will get pulled over for retarded reasons like exhaust, when in fact that is a functional 3" exhaust for your turbo, not a 7" exhaust tip. ANd when you get pulled over for speeding i'm sure cops are more than happy to through a couple extra tickets your way after they look at done up cars because for all they know you could be one of those guys zipping around crowchild doing 160 in the middle of the day. I think this will do nothing but help EVERYONE. The calgary police service SHOULD take interest in this too because this could be a program that they could help on in educating drivers, and in the end they can boast on how THEY managed to curb street racing. On the other hand we would get a break fronm the cops, race city would see more business, and hell if it says beyond in the sticker even better...more people on the bords, more sponsors and the cycle keeps going :D And the price would be SOOO small...how much could some stickers cost??? I see no reason that if we aproached Race City and The CPS correctly, why they wouldn't help support/sponsor this.

rice_eater
09-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

:thumbsup:

That was the most intelligent post of yours I have read in a while...... sounds like a good idea G.:love:
hahaha...driving for 4000km by yourself really gives you time to think about EVERYTHING under the sun :D

Davan
09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
That would be a great idea. Even if it wasn't affiliated with Race City. I think a bunch of modified compacts with "Take it to the Track" stickers might shed some positive light on the scene. :)

Mckenzie
09-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

hahaha...driving for 4000km by yourself really gives you time to think about EVERYTHING under the sun :D

I figured you were on drugs or something but it seems like Palmela talked some sense in to you during your little road trip.....:love: :eek: ;)

-APEX-
09-09-2003, 10:48 AM
got to admit its a great idea a big cut back in anybodys wallet

rice_eater
09-09-2003, 12:02 PM
admins? moderators? what do you guys think?

rice_eater
09-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by -APEX-
got to admit its a great idea a big cut back in anybodys wallet
Not ANYBODYS! Only the people that do indeed take it to the track!