PDA

View Full Version : Rally Finland This Weekend

4wheeldrift
08-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Yes folks, all the WRC goodness is coming to your TV this weekend from finland. Always one of my favorite rallies. Here's my (probably badly off) predictions for the outcome:

Gronholm first, and he'll trash everyone and anyone in his victory speach.
Makinen second. The subie will finally hold together and he'll come away with some points.
Rovanpera rounds out the all-scandinavian top 3.
Carlos Sainz in 4th. Always quick on gravel, and very familiar with finland he'll finish well.
Petter Solberg 5th. Also very familiar with this rally, watch petter go on maximum attack to take home points for subaru.
Alister McRae in 6th, just because really.
Hyundai and skoda will battle it out for 7th, say loix and schwarz in a fight for the final manufacturers point.

Notable outs, or at least out of the standings:

Colin McCrash, as usual, will push way to hard and end up destroying a multi-million euro rally machine, AGAIN
Richard Burns will lose a bunch of time to car problems, or punctures, or both.

DriveOrBeDriven
08-08-2002, 10:26 PM
I agree man. The Safari rally was dope shit too man.:bigpimp:

Hakkola
08-08-2002, 11:50 PM
Finland owns, I should tell my sister to go to the event.

mwmhong
08-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Looks like all the Peugots are doing very well.
LOL@ "Colin McCrash " He's doing okay isn't he? :)

Into first gear.......100 posts:burnout:

DriveOrBeDriven
08-10-2002, 02:31 PM
I want to see subaru win this one. They have been behind Peugot and ford for awhile so i wanna see petter solberg win this one:thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
08-10-2002, 02:40 PM
Makinen could still come back too. He was hampered by a bad tire choice yesterday, but if one of the frontrunners has any sort of trouble he's more than capable of moving up the later. He won this rally 4 years in a row back when he was driving for mitsu, so he knows the roads quite well. Petter has been doing very well here the last couple years as well, its time for him to bring home the bacon.