PDA

View Full Version : Gym's around SW

shakalaka
08-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I am just wondering if you guys know of any gyms around the SW area that allow for monthly memberships. I will be leaving for Scotland in about a month, but I don't want to waste it by not going to the gym. Some of the gmy's i've checked out is ask to sign contracts which I can't. Also important is that they do date to date monthly sign ups. For example if I join the gym on 15th of August..the membership goes on for 15th of September.

SW area is prefered, but I guess I can drive around as well.

Thanks

JAYMEZ
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Westside Rec you can buy a 10 membership pass that doesnt expire?

shakalaka
08-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I looked into the westside rec and it turns out to be super expensive. Per day if you want to go is like $12 and the ten day pass is $110 or something around there.

The new routine I am starting requires only 3 days a week so maybe I will just have to end up doing that if, I can't find anything else.

lint
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd put it in here. But for those who are members of Westside, do you have the reg membership or the plus? Is the plus worth the extra $400? The no kids policy, private stream room, nicer change facilities are appealing, but how many people go just to hang out in the change rooms?

prae
11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by lint
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd put it in here. But for those who are members of Westside, do you have the reg membership or the plus? Is the plus worth the extra $400? The no kids policy, private stream room, nicer change facilities are appealing, but how many people go just to hang out in the change rooms?

fuck this plus membership policy. I see it at the Y and it is for the worse. Those willing to double their membership cost get special treatment and the regular folks suffer.

Just increase everybody's rates and give us all the best service possible.

JordanEG6
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am just wondering if you guys know of any gyms around the SW area that allow for monthly memberships. I will be leaving for Scotland in about a month, but I don't want to waste it by not going to the gym. Some of the gmy's i've checked out is ask to sign contracts which I can't. Also important is that they do date to date monthly sign ups. For example if I join the gym on 15th of August..the membership goes on for 15th of September.

SW area is prefered, but I guess I can drive around as well.

Thanks

Good Life Fitness on Richmond Road SW by Westhills?

lint
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by prae

fuck this plus membership policy. I see it at the Y and it is for the worse. Those willing to double their membership cost get special treatment and the regular folks suffer.

Just increase everybody's rates and give us all the best service possible.

I don't see a problem with it. Not everyone wants to pay $1000+ annually for a membership, so have options for those who do, and those who don't. This isn't Westside Communist Rec Center.

jdmXSI
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Richmond World Health Club, when i used to work there, they had monthly memberships. Call and ask for Aimee, she should be able to help you out:thumbsup: I think the # there is 240-1555

wiggaplz
11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
you're a girl, you don't need a hot body to get a dude, all you need is offer up the.........................................