PDA

View Full Version : Possible part out...is it worht it?

hellraiser456
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I have a 1988 toyota supra turbo that i may be interested in parting out.

however i have never parted out a car before and am curious as to how much money i could as compared to jkust fixing and selling the car.

So the question is, For a car like this, is it worht parting out and if so, how much money do you think i could make....engine(7m-gte), trans are in good shape...nothing out of the ordinary there...driveline is also in decent shape. all the accesories work and the car is complete. the car is stock.

the car needs a clutch(which i have, just not installed yet), probably new shocks and springs, and the body has some rust one the fenders.

I have lost almost all my interest in this particular car and frankly just want it gone. if i can make 3k with the car moving i will put it back together....but i don't know if i will ever get the much for it. i know i can make a pretty penny on parting it out....especially if i post on supra specific sites...but i don't know hoiw much i will make there....and i don't want to get half way through to find out it wasn't actually worth it.

So yes, any info would be a great help, thanks guys.

rm777
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I think you answered your own questions. One thing is for sure, that parting out any car, especially an MKIII, is very time consuming. Furthermore, your customer base will be very limited.

BTW, what is wrong with the car that you would want to part it out? Or are you having a tough time selling it. Are you on Supraforums, Supramania, or Alberta Supra Club? Try posting there with your questions. Good Luck.