PDA

View Full Version : Annoying people on Stephen Ave

adam c
08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Who else has to put up with this crap?

Anyone else find it annyoing?

Some days its flutes, other days its banjos and crap..

Yesterday it was people protesting with kayaks and now today its some girl singing really horrible songs

badatusrnames
08-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I can't stand the fat retard that stand at the bus stop in front of Petro-Canada and tries to push those Metro papers in my face...

The_Rural_Juror
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
What's wrong with you douchebags. People are just trying to make a living.

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
I can't stand the fat retard that stand at the bus stop in front of Petro-Canada and tries to push those Metro papers in my face...
Is that the old guy that looks like Santa Claus?

The_Rural_Juror
08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Are you referring to the "spare change" guy at BVS?

badatusrnames
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM

No - this guy stands at Centre St and 5th Ave and harasses people getting off of buses. I would pepper spray him if I was in a bad mood one morning.

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Are you referring to the "spare change" guy at BVS?

Haha no, but that guy is actually kind of funny- he's like the caricature/stereotype of a hapless beggar.

I wish I had a recording of his "spare change" voice.

Sorry for the hijack as these aren't Stephen Ave. related, so here's mine:

The retarded Free Tibet protesters dressed up as PRC soldiers beating on a Tibetan and screaming "FREE TIBET" as they walk up and down Stephen Ave.

I'm ambivalent to their cause, but if you want to enact real change, these type of juvenile "demonstrations" detract from your message. If you want to protest, do so by speaking and writing intelligently, not by parading up the street in costumes and making a scene - no one will take you seriously. Acting like children gets you treated as such. This is why it is so easy for everyone else to dismiss these protesters as kooks.

adam c
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
What's wrong with you douchebags. People are just trying to make a living.

its fucking annoying thats what...

try listening to it everyday for hours on end

Ripper
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Lol I'm pretty sure the people with Kayaks were trying to raise money for their club or something.

I don't mind the people actually -- adds a little character to the street.

adam c
08-15-2008, 12:36 PM
i dunno.. they had signs and were walking up and down the street for a good 2 hours yelling and chanting stuff...

rmk
08-15-2008, 12:41 PM
if it annoys you so much, stick to 7th ave. :poosie:

i love stephen ave. i also love all the office pussy

bituerbo
08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I go there to birdwatch. In fact, heading out in 10 mins!

adam c
08-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rmk
if it annoys you so much, stick to 7th ave. :poosie:

i love stephen ave. i also love all the office pussy

I can't, I have a street side window office on 8th ave

rmk
08-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by adam c

I can't, I have a street side window office on 8th ave

haha :rofl:

A790
08-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
I go there to birdwatch. In fact, heading out in 10 mins!
atta boy!

Boat
08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Yea I went last week and some random lady was like:

Im going to make a statement about my self and if you feel like signing this piece of paper sign it.

Then shes like, "Im completely happy in every way, I am emotionally satisfied, my life is complete, I am loved and i Love life..." Said alot of shit about her emotional well-being and how perfect her life was.

Then after she asked if we wanted to sign...

statusdodge
08-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Boycotting kayaks....wierd.

bituerbo
08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by A790

atta boy!

See you down there! I'll be the one with the binoculars and the boner.

adam c
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM

See you down there! I'll be the one with the binoculars and the boner.

fuck no wonder so many people take pictures of the trees on stephen ave.. I've been looking at the wrong place all this time

Manhattan
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by adam c
today its some girl singing really horrible songs

:werd: it was kreesha turner or something "singing" on stephen today. terrible, terrible songs but :hitit:

:poosie:
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/k/kreesha/281x211.jpg

Grogador
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
It's Stephen Ave, you know that walking street with all the shops? WTF do you expect? Friend of mine busks with a violin, she is damn good and makes $100/hr during busy times. If you don't want a Metro paper, don't make eye contact or just hold up your hand at the guy, it's not hard.

Personally none of those annoy me as much as the insecure douchenozzle losers in their Ferrari's, craptacular Preludes and jacked up trucks driving up and down... and up and down... and up and down 17th Ave when I'm trying to enjoy the scenery.

badatusrnames
08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Grogador

Personally none of those annoy me as much as the insecure douchenozzle losers in their Ferrari's, craptacular Preludes and jacked up trucks driving up and down... and up and down... and up and down 17th Ave when I'm trying to enjoy the scenery.

It's 17th Avenue, if it bothers you so much, don't go, or just ignore them.

Grogador
08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
It's 17th Avenue, if it bothers you so much, don't go, or just ignore them.

Haha, touché... but, scenery! :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

Kennyredline
08-15-2008, 01:46 PM

There's a little guy that stands outside our building handing out that Street Talk magazine...dressed up as a leprechaun... not much dignity for the homeless there...

SJW
08-15-2008, 02:09 PM
one of my favorite things in the world is to ride down stephen ave on my bike and set off every alarm on the street.

its the little things boys, little things.

g-m
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
last night there was like 8 tools with straightpipes on really shitty loud motorcycles driving up and down 17th pissing everyone off. And a group of them just sat in front of melrose revving their engines. THAT was annoying.

The homeless beggers are also hella annoying, all I can think of now is that South Park episode. "Can you spare some CHAAAAANGE?"

SJW
08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Yah the cruisers that rev their oil dripping harley's in front of melrose are lame.

g-m
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
yea but can you really blame them? They're old and tired and their bikes aren't good for anything else.....

wait I CAN blame them!

SJW
08-15-2008, 03:20 PM
ugghhhhh don't they realize how much they become uncool the older they get?

Shit i've accepted it why cant they?

I call them RUBS or Rich Urban BikerS. I'd like to accidently go bowling with my truck along 17th one day. ( Kidding of course)

em2ab
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I just heard on the radio this morning they're doing away with the permit process for 6 months so you're going to see a lot more of them.

snoop101
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Well I dont spend to much time down town, but when I was working down town there was some very annoying people.

I could not believe how many beggars there are in this city for the amount of labor jobs out there that companies pay so much. To me thats lazy.

Anyways back to to the main subject. In Vic and Van theres people on the street entertaining, but damn most are awesome. In Vic down by the harbor the people are amazing and funny.

a social dsease
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by g-m
last night there was like 8 tools with straightpipes on really shitty loud motorcycles driving up and down 17th pissing everyone off. And a group of them just sat in front of melrose revving their engines. THAT was annoying.

The homeless beggers are also hella annoying, all I can think of now is that South Park episode. "Can you spare some CHAAAAANGE?"

lol man as soon as I saw this thread I thought of that. Those guys were f*in idiots, they didn't even have nice motorcycles, just junkers with straight pipes. LAME

tabouli
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/k/kreesha/281x211.jpg

Holy

What the fuck is up with the eyebrows on this mutant

GTS Jeff
08-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Ahhh, this thread is such a great example of unadulterated Calgarianism - that is, intolerance towards difference, failure to allow others to do what they want to do (so what if the guy with a Ferrari wants to cruise, it's his life, not yours,) and an overall narrowmindedness towards anything that doesn't conform to the redneck standard of shying from humanity.

Like someone else said, all those street performers and weirdos add character to the city. If it really bothers you, move your ass on to Winnipeg or something.

bituerbo
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Ahhh, this thread is such a great example of unadulterated Calgarianism - that is, intolerance towards difference, failure to allow others to do what they want to do (so what if the guy with a Ferrari wants to cruise, it's his life, not yours,) and an overall narrowmindedness towards anything that doesn't conform to the redneck standard of shying from humanity.

Like someone else said, all those street performers and weirdos add character to the city. If it really bothers you, move your ass on to Winnipeg or something.

Bitch, be cool.

GTS Jeff
08-16-2008, 03:43 AM

Bitch, be cool. Yes, that is what I am basically saying.

403Gemini
08-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Grogador
It's Stephen Ave, you know that walking street with all the shops? WTF do you expect? Friend of mine busks with a violin, she is damn good and makes $100/hr during busy times. If you don't want a Metro paper, don't make eye contact or just hold up your hand at the guy, it's not hard.

Is your friend the one that dresses up and plays at train stations and stuff? Shorter hair? If so shes REALLY good. Does she play any where professionaly and this is just sorta a side job for her?

jay42w8
08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
^ 100 bucks an hour eh, does CRA know about this?