PDA

View Full Version : Stuff got stolen, what next?

Boat
08-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Ok so last week i left my car unlocked (in what i thought was a good neighborhood) and my faceplate for my deck got jacked among other things.

i know im an idiot and all that stuff, but what can i do to get a new faceplate? ( i have proof of purchase)

Its a kenwood KDC-X492 deck.

I filed a police report.
I called kenwood they referred me to a Canadian electronics dealer.. the faceplate was $239 and i paid 188 for the deck.

I checked a place in the US $98.5 shipped is what i would pay if i ordered from a store in NY. What kind of border charges would i get from something like this ( Shipped by UPS).

Anyways im going to call ups tomorrow to get some more details.

Just looking for some insight from fellow beyonders maybe point me in the direction of someone who was one..

pf0sh0
08-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Just buy a new deck?

-TOFU-
08-16-2008, 01:57 AM
have you tried looking on ebay for that same faceplate? it might be cheaper.

Boat
08-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by -TOFU-
have you tried looking on ebay for that same faceplate? it might be cheaper.

no luck so far...
i want a deck with USB then ill just play my music off a mem stick

97'Scort
08-16-2008, 02:48 AM
You're just better off with a new deck. It's hit-or-miss with used faceplates. Border charges with UPS can be up to 100% of the item's value (I've been there) but are usually about 30-50%. Get them to ship USPS if you can.

GTS Jeff
08-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Yep, if they ship with USPS, there are usually no surprise fees, and even if there are, they're very small.

But rly, just get a new deck. Maybe stick with a Kenwood so you can just plug the new deck into the old harness.

Thaco
08-16-2008, 08:04 AM
if they ship UPS, you'll get raped, if they ship USPS, you pay $5 + the actual taxes.

Kennyredline
08-16-2008, 09:53 AM
You will have to pay GST on anything brought into Canada.

Kennyredline
08-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Just buy a new deck?

Insurance?

anarchy
08-16-2008, 10:08 AM
As mentioned UPS will rape you hard. Get them to ship USPS and you'll be okay. If you can only get it thru UPS iKd go for a new deck.

Sorry to hear about your luck bro.

Boat
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
ok so the website i was gonna order off off they only let you do USPS for orders under 65 bucks.

Ill check other websites.
I have tenants insurance but im not sure that it will cover my shit because my door was unlocked, but i still need to look into that. I think my deductible is like 250 or something.

Im not that mad about my stuff getting stolen , as it was my own fault , plus its nothing compared to most of the stories on here of vehicle theft and whatnot. :thumbsdow