PDA

View Full Version : english premier league

szw
09-07-2003, 06:22 PM
what channels on what service do I need to get these matches in Calgary??

I have bell expresvu right now but don't get any soccer on any of the sports channels. They don't offer ESPN either I think, not sure though.

I'm thinking of cancelling bell expressvu anyways so any other options?

ryder_23
09-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Direct TV.

Wont get anything local, but you can get almost every other channel imaginable

fast95pony
09-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Sometimes channel 27 (CTV sports ?? ) shows the matches on Saturday or Sunday . There weren't any matches last weekend because of the International Euro qualifying games.

/////AMG
09-08-2003, 07:21 AM
FOXWD
GOLTV
and another one I forgot.

TalonVelocity
09-08-2003, 07:48 AM
TSN every saturday morning I think

eludeu
09-08-2003, 09:19 AM
Fox Sports World on Digital Cable carries alot of games. Channel 113.

sandman
09-08-2003, 09:22 AM
channel 21 and/or 27 usually do show something saturday/sunday mornings, its a pain in the ass i wake up short of sleep every time coz of i, hah oh wel, whats ur team?

Shaolin
09-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Fox Sports world Canada Channel 113, ESPN2 (don't know), and CTV Sports Net (channel 27).

Go for the digital cable.. that's the only reason i bought the box was because of fox sports world.. you get soccer from every league and almost guaranteed to have 3-4 games broadcasted per day.. Everything from A-League (GO STORMS PFFT), MLS, EPL, Bundesliga, Liga, Le Championnat, you know.. every major football/soccer league in the world.

Although on some days cricket and rugby gets broadcasted, bleh.

Too bad they dont' have the rights to broadcast any special games like UEFA Champions League, Super Cup, and all that other shabang, that's only offered on TSN and ESPN2.

GO LIVERPOOL.

Ajay
09-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Direct TV or Dish Network if you want alot of soccer games.

Cut my Starchoice down to the bare minimum and got Dish Network for the NHL and NBA season primarily!

/////AMG
09-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
Fox Sports world Canada Channel 113, ESPN2 (don't know), and CTV Sports Net (channel 27).

Go for the digital cable.. that's the only reason i bought the box was because of fox sports world.. you get soccer from every league and almost guaranteed to have 3-4 games broadcasted per day.. Everything from A-League (GO STORMS PFFT), MLS, EPL, Bundesliga, Liga, Le Championnat, you know.. every major football/soccer league in the world.

Although on some days cricket and rugby gets broadcasted, bleh.

Too bad they dont' have the rights to broadcast any special games like UEFA Champions League, Super Cup, and all that other shabang, that's only offered on TSN and ESPN2.

GO LIVERPOOL.

:werd:
Fox Sports World is really good, I got GOLTV from America but it has some major leagues that they show often. And they do show Sky Sports on FOXWD which is good if you missed a match.

GO MANCHESTER UNITED.

voodoo
09-08-2003, 04:00 PM
GO TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS.

and for the champion league/UEFA cup etc. channel 21 or 27 always has them on.

Shaolin
09-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944

:werd:
Fox Sports World is really good, I got GOLTV from America but it has some major leagues that they show often. And they do show Sky Sports on FOXWD which is good if you missed a match.

GO MANCHESTER UNITED.

yeah, I find Fox Sports Report better than Sky Sports News though, not enough highlights on sky sports :guns:

Impreza
09-09-2003, 08:13 PM
GO MAN U! have you guys played Championship Manager 4? i just got my copy! it really kicks ass!

Shaolin
09-09-2003, 08:50 PM
yeah man i got it when it first came out, we should set up a multi game, me and a buddy of mine in peterborough plays all the time.. we play lower divisions though that way it's more interesting and you can't just whore the wonderkids and stuff.

voodoo
09-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
GO MAN U! have you guys played Championship Manager 4? i just got my copy! it really kicks ass!

i would say the best soccer game ever was

sensible soccer, World of soccer

Shaolin
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
yep CM4 owns, it's got it's bugs, but it's a very thorough game.. CM3 was good too.. You guys played Winning 11 International 6? I'm playing that right now on the PS2.

szw
09-09-2003, 09:39 PM
go wolves! lol jk

Shaolin
09-09-2003, 09:42 PM
lol wolves are going down again, their players aren't cut out for prem, considering you have 2 old geezers in CENTER BACK.

voodoo
09-10-2003, 08:45 AM
has anyone played sensible soccer?

it came out like 6yrs ago though, for the amiga (not sure if you guys go the amiga/commadore here)

Shaolin
09-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Nope, never had a commodore or an amiga

/////AMG
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
what the hell is Championship Manager 4? Someone hook me up, its it a soccer game or what?!?!?! Thanks.

sandman
09-10-2003, 08:25 PM
MAn U all the way!!!, granted theyre not as good, IMO , well, theyre jus as good, maybe better, but not as dominant i guess, as before, in 94 they only lost 4 games, which is unrivalled and unheard of in recent EPL, only team to get close to that, well, actaully, to beat it was AC Milan in the Serie A only lsoing two, also around that time, too bad theyve been having goalie problems, Schmiechal was supreme, i watcvhed him basically his whole career, ive been a fan for almsot 15 years lol, lived in england till i was 12 (im 18 now), and made my dad drive 5 hours one way jus to see a agame (lived in epsom, close to wimbledon kinda, bout 30 mins from central london), they hav too much talent laetely tho, cant find a set flow, like a set way to work as a team, when Veron first arrived, he just couldnt settle in, now that bekham has left, he seems to b doin much better tho, all hes been having to do, all any1 has to do given the wya they play right now is giv Van Nistlerooy the ball, hes by far the best finisher ive ever seen, and the only Duthch player id trust to take a penalty ahha, o well, lets hope they find a goalie w/ some staying power, first taibi, then he pooched out, then barthez was great, but starting to slip, well, new season, gotta see a bit more, the yankee did pretty well, maybe he'll hav some staying power and not turn crappy after the first 10 games, oh well., theyre still the best team ever IMO, im still a complete fanaic, ahha skip class saturday mornings if theyre playing, its only latin lol,

Shaolin
09-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Man U will be better than the Man U of last year once Ronaldo and Kleberson adjust to the english playing style. They will miss one thing though and that is Beck's free kicks.. Since Veron is gone, they basically have to use their 3rd man (Giggs) to take the free kicks.. Nothing against Giggs, the guy can run and be a pretty good playmaker, but he's no Becks when it comes to free kicks.. and he's 30 years old now, so 2 more years and he'll slowly become a fringe player like Dennis Irwin. I'm confident that Howard will be world class, give him a couple more years, the guy's only 24 and he's got alot to learn... i don't consider the MLS a good farmer, well a good farmer for maybe Division 1 teams, although there are some up and coming world class players coming out of the states system (mainly Freddy Adu)..

I think veron plays like becks, but a bit more offensive.. I'm sure him and Lampard will be the catalyst of the blue's offense.. they got Duff which will give them alot of width and more scoring power.. and lets not leave out Crespo and Mutu, cripes.. the blues will contend for the title within 2 seasons.

GO LIVERPOOL AGAIN

:D

voodoo
09-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sandman then barthez was great, but starting to slip, [/B]

BWAHAHAHHAHA. barthez was the biggest waste of money ever. talk about overrated. i have never seen a professional goalie makes as many errors as i have seen him do.
and i lived in britan my whole life (had seaon tickets to white hart lane (tottenham) and pitroddie (aberdeen))

sandman
09-11-2003, 12:36 AM
ahah sure, spurs were good, when klinsmann put on oscar worhty performances hahahahah, spurs, oly real good player IMO for the money was Anderton, he was ok, and cant forget, GAZZA hahahaha
yea barthez is a waste
then agian, look at Seaman, ive always hated him,a dn hes for sure not the best englands got, cant b
are u still in britian?

AaronS13
09-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Go Man U...

got a chance to see Veron in one of his last Man U games in person (Man U vs Celtic in Seattle)... what an amazing game...

Man U will take it again, so what if Beckham is in Spain, he was a pretty boy that could do free kicks (amazing free kicks though). Once players like Neville get back into the swing of things after the injury, and everyone is 100%, watch out EPL, cause Man U will walk over everyone!

Shaolin
09-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Aaron, you went to Seattle too? ME TOO!! I have pictures of the the whole trip, we were there for 4 days. Did you get to go to the training session as well?

check out the pics if you want, me and my buddies took lots of pictures.

Seattle pictures (http://jupafly.no-ip.com/)

voodoo
09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
and tottenham have a pretty good team this year, but their biggest problem is that they are not consistant

me no i moved here like 4yrs ago.

/////AMG
09-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Go MAN U
LIVERPOOL is second lol.