PDA

View Full Version : S2000 used parts... where can I get these?

s2k2001s2k
08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Where in alberta does a person go to buy used S2000 parts? or even new parts?

These screws are located on the latch that is attached to the soft top. This latch is used to fasten the roof to the windshield frame. These screws are located on the grayish push button that you push to activate/deactivate the latch.

Anyone know where to get these screws? I have searched all thru-out home-depots and home hardware stores looking for a screw that matches. But I can not find the correct size matched with the correct thread. I do not want to strip the latch by forcing the wrong thread into the holes.

I went to the honda dealership, and they cant get a part number on the screws, so I would have to buy the latches for an expensive price. All i need is 4 of these screws, not worth 173 bucks per latch to get the screws.

Anyone have some old broken latches kicking around and want to sell them? Anyone know what the exact designation for the screw and screw thread is? HELP ME

Thanks

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/wifelicious/PARTpicture2.jpg

xviper
08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
If you had even one screw you could use for reference, go to a place in NE Calgary called "Triad Fasteners". They can usually match any screw or nut/bolt you bring in.

s2k2001s2k
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I do have one of the screws left. BUT I live in edmonton

hahaha Crap, I cant win. Perhaps I will call Traid Fasteners and ask them if they can suggest a place in Edmonton with similiar services.

Thanks for that information, it just may help me out...

Anyone else wanna throw advice at me?

xviper
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Look in the Yellow Pages for "Fasteners".