PDA

View Full Version : Broken traffic lights?

Cooked Rice
08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
So here's my story for the day...

So there's been construction on Metis trail (north of 36ST NE). Today they blocked the southbound lanes of Metis Tr from 64th ave all the way to McKnight.

So I hit the roadblock and get into the detour to turn left onto 64th Ave. And I find that the lights cycle through, but dont turn green for the people needing to turn left onto 64th.

... Okay maybe they are letting us go every 2 cycles? Nope... 3 cycles later, 4, 5... This is about 8-10 minutes waiting at a red light. And cars are starting to pile up behind me. The light never turned green. So everyone just started using their own judgement and going whenever lol.

I tried calling 311 and reporting it, but I was put on hold and couldn't get through.

Perhaps someone forgot to push some buttons down at city hall? Anyone else with a similar experience?

tm88
08-17-2008, 02:56 AM
haha a real pric of a cop would just sit there knowing the situation and hand out tickets haha.

Team_Mclaren
08-17-2008, 03:01 AM
are you one of those idiots that sits a mile behind a turning light so the sensor never caught your car?

Cooked Rice
08-17-2008, 03:40 AM
No haha, there were 2 cars up ahead, both up to the stop line.

dannie
08-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Similar shit happens all the time at the lights on 162nd and Shawville Gate(?). The lights right in front of the c-train. You could easily sit there for 15 min on any given day. I hate that spot.

DeeK
08-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
are you one of those idiots that sits a mile behind a turning light so the sensor never caught your car?

I worked for the city on a road crew for a while. They do infact put numerous sensors throughout the whole turn lane to determine how many cars are sitting at the light, especially on intersections with variable timing for the left turn signals. So for someone to NOT hit the sensor, they would have had to miss the whole turn lane altogether.

96GrandAMGT
08-17-2008, 11:35 AM
call 311 and the citys signals dept might ba able to change the light cycles... and as the guy above stated they put sensors in the ashphalt at all lights.....

djayz
08-17-2008, 11:51 AM
this happened at one of the exits to monteray park a while back. I called in 3 times and my dad called in 2 times and it got fixed 2 months later. Not sure if anyone else called it in or not but it was rediculous how long it took to fix.

Fortunately it was only between the hours of 1am and 5am