PDA

View Full Version : Iphone/Ipod touch apps

funkedelic
08-17-2008, 03:56 AM
What apps do you guys have on your phone? I just got my 16gig phone a couple weeks ago and am just starting to get into it.

My first app was dynolicious which i have yet to try out. I know there are tons of different apps out there, way too many to go through.

What apps are worth looking into? I don't mind paying for some if they are worth it, but i want to pick up some good freebies if i can!

znx
08-17-2008, 05:30 AM
I downloaded some free ones:
Hanoi
Epocrates Rx (need this for school hehe)
JirboBreak
Moonlight Mahjong Lite
PapiJump
Remote
Scoremobile
Showtimes
SolFree (solitare)
SOS Torch
SpeedBox
SportsTap
reMovem Free
DizzeBeeFree
BrainTuner Lite
Subway Lite
Tap Tap Revenge (fun one)
Aurora Feint
EccoNote

Haven't bought any apps. ;)

rys.mak
08-17-2008, 12:02 PM
where do you download apps from? itunes?

funkedelic
08-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by rys.mak
where do you download apps from? itunes?

There's an app store you can browse straight from the phone. It installs the apps directly. It's pretty sweet actually I just haven't figured out how to delete the ones you don't like or use anymore

CivicDXR
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
^ same way u move the icons around. Hold any icon till they jiggle, then hit the x to delete. Then hit home to go back to normal.

A790
08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic

There's an app store you can browse straight from the phone. It installs the apps directly. It's pretty sweet actually I just haven't figured out how to delete the ones you don't like or use anymore
Another way to remove downloaded apps to desync them in iTunes.

EmJay
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
The only 2 that i've downloaded so far were shazam and 'simplify media'.

Shazam let's you put your iphone up to the radio, tv or pretty much any music source and it will analyze the song and tell you the title, artist and album the song comes from. It's been hit and miss so far, strangely it picked up a jazz song of cjsw but had troubles with songs off vibe 985.

Simplify media allows you to connect to a home server (running the simplify media server software) and stream your music to your iphone over the edge, 3g and wifi networks. Haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet but from all the reviews i've read it seams to be a promising little app.

Really wish someone would create a logging app to keep track of call times, txt messaging and your data for your billing period but have a feeling that providers wouldn't be to fond of it though.

gpomp
08-17-2008, 02:44 PM
AccuFuel
Facebook
Remote
Shazam
Showtimes
Tap Tap
BrainChal.
Locly
Bejeweled 2
Evernote
GPS Tracker
SportsTap
Google
ScoreMobile
Dynolicious
Urbanspoon
Mobile News

Crymson
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
My facebook app started crashing, Don't know why, but it wn't work no mo.

EmJay
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
My facebook app started crashing, Don't know why, but it wn't work no mo.

Did you do the 2.0.1 update?
All the apps that I had installed broke after upgrading to 2.0.1. All I did was delete them and re-download them.

Crymson
08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
seems that was the case. huzzah.

trieu
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Is there an application that notifies you when you miss a phone call or get a text. I tried the SMS notify but it didn't work.