PDA

View Full Version : Bad Time to Sell a Car?

Talies R
09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Everywhere I look people are having problems selling their car. What seems to be the problem? Would a person be better off waiting until the spring to sell :confused:

MK3HKS
09-07-2003, 09:15 PM
:werd:
i cant sell my car even tho its a steal for 9 grand..

95acc
09-07-2003, 09:17 PM
It is a hell of a time to sell a car.
And there is to much to choose from

BUY MY CAR!!

MK3HKS
09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 95acc

BUY MY CAR!!

i say the same thing man, but it aint workin
:rofl: :dunno:

max_boost
09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
The only people that would buy a Type R would be younger enthusiasts. And most youngs are all talk and don't have $$$ anyway.

pinoyhero
09-07-2003, 09:23 PM
I just sold and bought a car within the last month and it all went down pretty fast. That and I'm happy with the results. Think I may have gotten lucky though. BTW anyone know about "curbing" laws in Alberta? I think I got a pretty good deal on the car I just bought and I wasthinking of flipping it.

jdmakkord
09-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Come to think of it, I dont remember a single car ever changing hands on this board since I've been a member!

"Damn if I only had the money"
"If only you sold it last month"
"How bout half of what you're asking"
"Trade for a pinto?"

etc :)

Talies R
09-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Come to think of it, I dont remember a single car ever changing hands on this board since I've been a member!

haha, exactly what I was thinking. That's why I wouldn't bother to advertise it here. Maxboost, I don't think a Type R is strictly for younger people. Not sure how young your thinking, IMO it's a fun car for any age.

max_boost
09-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Ahhh what do I know, I'm a ricer who never drives my car to its full potential anyway.

I'm starting to think, the only way to sell a car is to trade it in or have the buyer come to you.

Too much selection out there nowadays

Weapon_R
09-07-2003, 10:24 PM

"Trade for a pinto?"

The bottom line is that everyone is looking for a deal. Try something like this: If you want to sell your car, make the buyer feel as if they are getting a good deal. $500 less than the market value as an asking price makes the vehicle a very attractive buy. For myself, a car that is priced at market value doesn't strike me as anything special, and anything that is priced a few hundred more than most, will not even encourage me to call the buyer. It's as easy as that.

BigMass
09-07-2003, 11:43 PM
poor economy, high enemployment, blah blah blah. That's the real reason. It's not a good time to sell. This is the time rich people get richer. Buy up all the crazy deals and sell them when the economy picks up. But poor saps like us are what drive the economy not the rich people, and currently we just dont have the cashflow we did 3 years ago.

roopi
09-08-2003, 12:57 AM

"Trade for a pinto?"

i sold my car through Beyond! :thumbsup:

ZMan2k2
09-08-2003, 08:19 AM
With all the deals that people can get from numerous dealerships for a new car, ie. 0% financing to 4.9% financing, why would anybody really look hard for a used car with no warranty, get a loan from the bank at 6.5% or more, when they can get a brand new car, 5 year warranty, and all the other little benefits of the new car (mmmm, the smell) for way less per month. I tried to sell a 2002 Civic for about 4 months, and never got one hit on it. I ended up trading it in, and made about the same amount of money on the trade in as I ended up asking for it to sell myself.

littledan
09-08-2003, 09:37 AM

ha... i bought my car after seeing the ad on beyond... got a smoking deal too...:tongue:

3G
09-08-2003, 10:32 AM
my dad sold his van in just one day...you guys should use newspaper classifieds, list the car for cheaper than what others are going for.

and pinoyhero: go for it, what's the worst that can happen

rage2
09-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
BTW anyone know about "curbing" laws in Alberta? I think I got a pretty good deal on the car I just bought and I wasthinking of flipping it.
I think you just have to worry about Revenue Canada. I believe there's a limit of 2 cars you can sell per year before you get taxed on the earnings. Check with an accountant.

girlRACER
09-08-2003, 12:18 PM
:werd: Tell me about it. :rolleyes: So many lowballers in Calgary. Took me months and months to sell my Infiniti at $800 off market value (on top of the $15k depreciation). Even then people were trying to gouge me. Seems like its difficult to sell any car over $5k these days!

BigMass
09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
closer to winter months it's hard to sell nice cars. Most people store their sporty cars over winter. So why buy a car now and store it for 8 months when you can buy the same car in 8 months for less money. At least that would be my mentality if i were to buy a car. On another note, the market is so shitty now that if i had money and needed a car, now would be the perfect time to be buying.

GP_DrIvEr
09-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
i cant sell my car even tho its a steal for 9 grand..

;) im looking for a car, how many km's?

civiclvr
09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
i bought my car on Beyond!! now it's a work in progress!

shadowz
09-08-2003, 03:30 PM
how much are you selling the Type R for/?

Talies R
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
how much are you selling the Type R for/?

If you are interested, PM me.

04blackMAX
09-08-2003, 07:21 PM
sold mine