PDA

View Full Version : "Fun" on Hwy #2

accordboi_02
09-07-2003, 10:04 PM
So I'm driving home from Edmonton yesterday, and usually I like to set my cruise 120-130 km/h. Anyways yesterday, I was just driving when a nice Acura CL type S blows by me, so I decide I will follow the guy. Guy slows down after a bit, so I figure he doesn't want to be used as a heat shield, so that's cool with me, I slow down to 125, and pass him. Not 1 minute later, mister Acura blows by me again, and the passenger (referred to hereafter as Idiot Boy#2) looks at me and starts laughing. I really don't give a shit, and figure that's the last I'll see of them. Nope... once they're past me, they slow down to 110, forcing me to once again pass them - as I pull up beside them, the driver (Idiot Boy#1) looks at me, smirks, then tries to speed up to not let me pass. I get tired of this shit, so I just speed up to put some distance b/t me and the idiotmobile. I get a couple cars b/t us, but, once again, 2 minutes later, Idiot Boys blow past again. They continued this shit all the way from Edmonton to Red Deer; each time Idiot Boy 2 would alternate between laughing at me, or just not looking, trying to act "cool". Mercifully I was meeting some friends in Red Deer for dinner before coming back to Calgary, so Idiot Boys disappeared. What I am trying to figure out is were Idiot Boys trying to make a point that their parents have a nice car by ricer fly-bying me, or were they just so stupid that they couldn't figure out how to use the cruise control???
I drive Hwy 2 all the time, and I fucking hate idiots who make it dangerous by not letting ppl pass and whatnot. I just want to get from point A to point B; I have no urge to play stupid games with teenagers who think they're fucking cool b/c they can drive their parent's car; I have no urge to play games at all.
Fucking idiots, just had to vent; I hope that if one day I ever get as brain-damaged as those idiots that my friends will be good enough to shoot me in the fucking head!!!
:guns: :guns: :guns:

kenny
09-07-2003, 11:09 PM
If you want to avoid this situation in the future, simply do as you initially did and use your cruise control and maintain your speed while they blow by you. Why did you speed up and follow them?

DonJuan
09-07-2003, 11:19 PM
I drive my parent's car from time to time and I'm cool arn't I? At least my mom says I am!

accordboi_02
09-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by kenny
If you want to avoid this situation in the future, simply do as you initially did and use your cruise control and maintain your speed while they blow by you. Why did you speed up and follow them?

I didnt speed up and follow them; they repeatedly slowed down to let me "catch up" with the one exception of when i sped up to get back in the right lane, and put some cars b/t us, i maintained my 125 speed.
I dunno, maybe they thought that my speeding up there was a challenge or some shit like that, then that's my bad, but you think the idiots would get the point after the 4th time when I dont go a Km above 125...

xkon
09-08-2003, 12:12 AM
that drives me nuts... i went to edmonton last monday, same kind of thing... a neon is right on my tail in the left lane when i have the cruise set, yet when i pull into the right lane he wont pass... just wants me to go faster so he can follow my radar detecting ass! pisses me off

kenny
09-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
I didnt speed up and follow them; they repeatedly slowed down to let me "catch up"

I was referring to this:

Anyways yesterday, I was just driving when a nice Acura CL type S blows by me, so I decide I will follow the guy

I know you didn't intentionally challenge the guy, but you can see why he thought you did.

accordboi_02
09-08-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by kenny

I know you didn't intentionally challenge the guy, but you can see why he thought you did.

ahh gotcha... there's a little back story to that.
3 weeks ago when i was up in E-town, when I was coming home, there was a NSX in front of me... the guy was going at a good speed, so I just followed him - who are the cops really going to pull over? a NSX or an Accord??
and he was really cool about it; even gave me props when I pulled up beside him. :thumbsup:

I think most people do this, where if they want to speed a bit, they just find someone in front of them going as fast and then follow... most people i know do that at least. Anyone here not follow the faster car when on the highway??? Just curious.

But yeah, I can see how idiot boy 1 may take that as a challenge or some stupid shit. Usually if I don't want to be a heat shield, I just slow down, let them pass, and then continue on... never had the urge to just annoy them for approx 130 Kms. But then again, I'm not idiot boy 1.

Mckenzie
09-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey were you in a black accord with tinted windows?

I drove back from Edmonton on sunday and remembered passing a black coupe......

kaput
09-09-2003, 04:06 PM

accordboi_02
09-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Hey were you in a black accord with tinted windows?

I drove back from Edmonton on sunday and remembered passing a black coupe......

Nope, mine is silver w/ tinted windows.

cbr_ryder
09-22-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
So I'm driving home from Edmonton yesterday, and usually I like to set my cruise 120-130 km/h. Anyways yesterday, I was just driving when a nice Acura CL type S blows by me, so I decide I will follow the guy. Guy slows down after a bit, so I figure he doesn't want to be used as a heat shield, so that's cool with me, I slow down to 125, and pass him. Not 1 minute later, mister Acura blows by me again, and the passenger (referred to hereafter as Idiot Boy#2) looks at me and starts laughing. I really don't give a shit, and figure that's the last I'll see of them. Nope... once they're past me, they slow down to 110, forcing me to once again pass them - as I pull up beside them, the driver (Idiot Boy#1) looks at me, smirks, then tries to speed up to not let me pass. I get tired of this shit, so I just speed up to put some distance b/t me and the idiotmobile. I get a couple cars b/t us, but, once again, 2 minutes later, Idiot Boys blow past again. They continued this shit all the way from Edmonton to Red Deer; each time Idiot Boy 2 would alternate between laughing at me, or just not looking, trying to act "cool". Mercifully I was meeting some friends in Red Deer for dinner before coming back to Calgary, so Idiot Boys disappeared. What I am trying to figure out is were Idiot Boys trying to make a point that their parents have a nice car by ricer fly-bying me, or were they just so stupid that they couldn't figure out how to use the cruise control???
I drive Hwy 2 all the time, and I fucking hate idiots who make it dangerous by not letting ppl pass and whatnot. I just want to get from point A to point B; I have no urge to play stupid games with teenagers who think they're fucking cool b/c they can drive their parent's car; I have no urge to play games at all.
Fucking idiots, just had to vent; I hope that if one day I ever get as brain-damaged as those idiots that my friends will be good enough to shoot me in the fucking head!!!
:guns: :guns: :guns:

I hate assholes like that, it's not ass big of a deal on a bike b/c u can loose them pretty quick and put some good distance b/w you, but if they start endangering my life, like swerving into me and shit, I have a few ball bearings that will be bouncing there way, haven't had to use them yet though....

-APEX-
10-02-2003, 12:35 AM
some kids got to much free time thats stupid espesically coming jus doing that stuff from edmontom all the way to reddeer i was with my friend in his busted up 86t-brid its all black with like silver fenders but yea anyway we ran into a similar guy but he was in a 2001 golf gti and we pass him and doing all that similar stuff till a cop pulled him over

ryder_23
10-02-2003, 12:57 AM
^
u not familiar with the english language?

Rexxrally
10-02-2003, 02:25 PM
geez you know I just gotta stop taking that cocaine because it makes me talk all funny and I keep going on and on without stopping because like you I just can't stop it just makes me go on and on and I'm all hyper you know and I think I said on and on one too many times but I'm not sure what I've already said cause I just keep talking and the coke makes me hyper did I already say that but it does so I can work longer hours and make a lot more money so I can buy more coke cause it's really good you know and lets me stay up longer so I can work more hours and buy more coke but I gotta go now cause I'm all out of coke and I gotta go buy some more and ............. what were we talking about?

Blue Devil 2
10-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rexxrally
geez you know I just gotta stop taking that cocaine because it makes me talk all funny and I keep going on and on without stopping because like you I just can't stop it just makes me go on and on and I'm all hyper you know and I think I said on and on one too many times but I'm not sure what I've already said cause I just keep talking and the coke makes me hyper did I already say that but it does so I can work longer hours and make a lot more money so I can buy more coke cause it's really good you know and lets me stay up longer so I can work more hours and buy more coke but I gotta go now cause I'm all out of coke and I gotta go buy some more and ............. what were we talking about?

Yea man, :thumbsup: