PDA

View Full Version : 1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT

evaneizer
09-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Saturday night after i finished work around 1230-1 am. i was drivin on Glenmore goin east, then me and my friend stopped at a red light (in the GMC van AWD) then this probe gt pulled up next to us. So i reved my engine for shits, and to c what he would do, then the driver was like "haha ur in a van, i should tell ur mom" then he started reven his engine. So my van bein AWD, i can't really burn out or anything, we took of when the light turned green, and i took him soo bad off the line, but there was all these curves in the road, i took him for a while but eventually had to slow down to take the corners. Then behind us comes another probe, and was driftin about the curves and was following the original probe like 2 feet, it was fun.:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
09-07-2003, 10:11 PM
The Ford Probe got OWNED!!!!

finboy
09-07-2003, 10:15 PM
you owe me 30 seconds of my life back

evaneizer
09-07-2003, 10:15 PM
:werd: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by evaneizer
Saturday night after i finished work around 1230-1 am. i was drivin on Glenmore goin east, then me and my friend stopped at a red light (in the GMC van AWD) then this probe gt pulled up next to us. So i reved my engine for shits, and to c what he would do, then the driver was like "haha ur in a van, i should tell ur mom" then he started reven his engine. So my van bein AWD, i can't really burn out or anything, we took of when the light turned green, and i took him soo bad off the line, but there was all these curves in the road, i took him for a while but eventually had to slow down to take the corners. Then behind us comes another probe, and was driftin about the curves and was following the original probe like 2 feet, it was fun.:thumbsup:

Yea I was in the car with him, when the probe drifted he came pretty close to loosing it!

haha that was so funny, the guy makes fun of us then he gets owned by a van lol! hahaha

Ohh, and just incase anyone's wondering, the van's not a V8, its a 4.3 V6

Steve

redline_13000
09-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin

..the van's not a V8, its a 4.3 V6..

Steve

:D

littledan
09-08-2003, 09:38 AM
ha.. that's funny cause i'm rolling in my dad's old astro ext... man that thing is a beast!!

illeagle
09-08-2003, 10:59 PM
hey, I beat a Probe in my Caravan last week, It wasen't a GT but , I had 4 passengers and I still beat him,

3G
09-09-2003, 09:35 AM
arent those Probes FWD??:dunno:

and those 4.3L are BEASTS....too bad all they put out is 150HP.

PGTze
09-09-2003, 01:02 PM
I didn't know that FWD cars could drift? If anyone knows how this amazing feat was accomplished by this Probe please let me know. I'm not saying that you could not have beat him or anything, because there are alot of factors that could have gone wrong for the Probe. Maybey he didn't know how to drive :dunno:... but I'm still calling :bullshit: on your story. If your gonna make up something, at least do a little research or something so that it is somewhat believable.

CelicaST-162
09-09-2003, 01:27 PM
well, PGTze....he wasnt makin it up.....Silent Assasin was riding in it...so if you dont believe...then maybe your probe should race evaneizers van then see who would get owned........

PGTze
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
CelicaST-162:

Originally posted by PGTze
I'm not saying that you could not have beat him

I guess I should have clarified a little more... evaneizer said the probe was "driftin about the curves"... now I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I take that to mean that he saw the probe drifting... probes are FWD... which means they CANNOT DRIFT... so unless this probe was a RWD conversion or something, then I don't think he saw it drifting.

And my dad has actually already smoked me in our Windstar, he beat me by like 3 carlengths :eek:... but that was when I had just learned how to drive standard two days before:rolleyes:.

THREE40SEVEN
09-09-2003, 02:26 PM
wow:rolleyes:

CelicaST-162
09-09-2003, 05:44 PM
there was two probes involved....the one that drifted im not sure if youve ever seen it it has the "Silent Rage" on the windshield and a tachcometer decal on the side, and it was blue....the one evaneizer raced was red and had an unpainted body kit.........by the way the guy in the probe did drift it was a tight corner....and he prolly took it fast or e-brake....and ive drifted in my car too......so FWD cars CAN drift....

ryder_23
09-09-2003, 06:09 PM
^^

ok...were u in the car with the guy in the van? i wouldnt even admit to knowing the guy with such a dumb post like this one

CelicaST-162
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
ryder23, before you say its a dumb post....were you there...no, i thought so, so dont go saying its a dumb post, cuz u werent there to see what happened.....

ryder_23
09-09-2003, 06:20 PM
u were racing in a van.....

PGTze
09-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
there was two probes involved....the one that drifted im not sure if youve ever seen it it has the "Silent Rage" on the windshield and a tachcometer decal on the side, and it was blue....the one evaneizer raced was red and had an unpainted body kit.........by the way the guy in the probe did drift it was a tight corner....and he prolly took it fast or e-brake....and ive drifted in my car too......so FWD cars CAN drift....

I've seen the blue one around a couple times before, if he's on here maybey he can teach me how to drift with a FWD car, hahaha. Or better yet maybey you could teach me how to do it!

This thread = :banghead:

CelicaST-162
09-09-2003, 11:21 PM
hahaha sure sounds good, its pretty easy tho, its kinda hard to explain, but u gotta know your cars limit.....and find an empty parking lot, or a big alley way and when theres curve...start turning your steering wheel..(driving kinda fast) and yank your e-brake....(HAHA, I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU FUCK UP YOUR CAR, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK...)

PGTze
09-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
hahaha sure sounds good, its pretty easy tho, its kinda hard to explain, but u gotta know your cars limit.....and find an empty parking lot, or a big alley way and when theres curve...start turning your steering wheel..(driving kinda fast) and yank your e-brake....(HAHA, I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU FUCK UP YOUR CAR, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK...)

I was being sarcastic man.

Is that not just pulling an ebrake anyways?

And yeah you will fuck up your car.

tegdream
09-10-2003, 12:57 PM
there is no e-brake involved in REAl drifting!

PGTze
09-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
there is no e-brake involved in REAl drifting!

exactly

finboy
09-10-2003, 05:43 PM
for fwd you can also use left foot breaking, letting off the throttle just before understeering, and many other options to obtain oversteer.

either way, this thread is a waste.

Luke 96 T/A
09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
My buddy in his Acura Legend got beat by a guy with his wife in a stock mini van..
People forget that minivans usually have a bit of horsepower for pulling 5-6 people around ;-) And where there's just one or two, they can be pretty spritely..

theken
09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
ill race your van tonight in my pgt :)

GT2NV
09-11-2003, 06:16 PM
hahahahahhahaha what a joke....
lets race our moms minivans, no way you could have beat a gt even if it was a shitty driver... most 11 teen story ive ever heard in my entire life. and never would i ever admit to knowing a loser who tried to race in his moms minivan... gay thread:rolleyes:

3G
09-11-2003, 07:06 PM
i say we all take our moms minivans to the next bullshit meet and race..i know ill rape all of u cuz mama got the T66 Turbo, Twin Intacoola, Motec System Exhaust, 150 shot of NAWWS, and an independant fuel management system..it will rape ANY probe, i even raped a MKIV Supra once :O

so lets go

hahaha note the sarcasm

GQNammer
09-11-2003, 10:38 PM
It probably wasnt drifting. It was more like the car turned fast and lost traction so it was sliding out of real control. I've done that lots with an 87 accord. Drifting is more like having more control, so i think i understand whatyou're trying to argue P

PGTze
09-11-2003, 10:48 PM
^^^ wow three intelligent posts in a row, crazy shit:nut:^^^

Spenser
09-12-2003, 10:27 AM
According to most reputable souorces drifting is when"all four wheels have lost tractions and slide around a corner"

You do not need a rwd car to "drift" you can do it in any car, even a civic, it all depends on the driver ability and suspension set up,

now the drifting all you people hear about is fyull throttle drifting ina rear wheel drive, which enables you to get the way sideways action, for this you need atleast 400 horsepower to play with, tuned supension, good tires, and a every skilled driver.

But when you go around a corner and all your wheels are sliding, it is still a four wheel drift, and there for you can say, yes the vehicule is drifting.

Spenser
09-12-2003, 10:28 AM
shit man, i really need to know how to write

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Spenser

:rofl: :werd: :rofl:

haha Spencer

Steve

Si1ent_A5sa5sin
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
I didn't know that FWD cars could drift? If anyone knows how this amazing feat was accomplished by this Probe please let me know. I'm not saying that you could not have beat him or anything, because there are alot of factors that could have gone wrong for the Probe. Maybey he didn't know how to drive ... but I'm still calling on your story. If your gonna make up something, at least do a little research or something so that it is somewhat believable.

Trust me man... the story aint BS... here is what happened in my words:

We stop at the light, my friend reved his engine. The probe guy looked at us and said "Dude ur in a VAN!" Then the people inside laughed. Then he said "I'll tell your mom" and they started laughing again.

When the light turned green they both floored it. When the prove shifted into second he squaled a little bit, it was obvious he was trying. Evaniezer took him... he only lost it after about 1km when we started to turn, evan was going WAY TO FAST to make the turn and needed to slow down, so he did.

The probe went by us, then we sayw another probe (Although i could have sworn it was a 240... but I cant see very clearly at night) come by really fast and started tailgating the guy (like.. 2 foot away MAX) as they were turning left. When the turn went right the guy in the tailing probe ass end starting swaying and he almost lost it. Then when the turn ended Evan floored it again and we went by em both (although they wernt trying then... i dont think)

Later on we talked to the who was tailgating the other probe and he said "Its not that hard to beat it with a V8" Then i said "Guy it has a 4.3 V6" and he said "Ohh shit, nice"

Originally posted by black94gt
hahahahahhahaha what a joke....
lets race our moms minivans, no way you could have beat a gt even if it was a shitty driver... most 11 teen story ive ever heard in my entire life. and never would i ever admit to knowing a loser who tried to race in his moms minivan... gay thread:rolleyes:

ok, first of all a Safari aint a MINI van... its a fullsize. And We beat him up until the corner, when Evaneizer had to slow down.
I swear to god we beat him!

Steve R

CelicaST-162
09-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin

Trust me man... the story aint BS... here is what happened in my words:

We stop at the light, my friend reved his engine. The probe guy looked at us and said "Dude ur in a VAN!" Then the people inside laughed. Then he said "I'll tell your mom" and they started laughing again.

When the light turned green they both floored it. When the prove shifted into second he squaled a little bit, it was obvious he was trying. Evaniezer took him... he only lost it after about 1km when we started to turn, evan was going WAY TO FAST to make the turn and needed to slow down, so he did.

The probe went by us, then we sayw another probe (Although i could have sworn it was a 240... but I cant see very clearly at night) come by really fast and started tailgating the guy (like.. 2 foot away MAX) as they were turning left. When the turn went right the guy in the tailing probe ass end starting swaying and he almost lost it. Then when the turn ended Evan floored it again and we went by em both (although they wernt trying then... i dont think)

Later on we talked to the who was tailgating the other probe and he said "Its not that hard to beat it with a V8" Then i said "Guy it has a 4.3 V6" and he said "Ohh shit, nice"

ok, first of all a Safari aint a MINI van... its a fullsize. And We beat him up until the corner, when Evaneizer had to slow down.
I swear to god we beat him!

Steve R

Ashkente
09-14-2003, 02:06 AM
According to most reputable souorces drifting is when"all four wheels have lost tractions and slide around a corner"

You do not need a rwd car to "drift" you can do it in any car, even a civic, it all depends on the driver ability and suspension set up,

now the drifting all you people hear about is fyull throttle drifting ina rear wheel drive, which enables you to get the way sideways action, for this you need atleast 400 horsepower to play with, tuned supension, good tires, and a every skilled driver.

But when you go around a corner and all your wheels are sliding, it is still a four wheel drift, and there for you can say, yes the vehicule is drifting.

:rolleyes: No, you need to learn when to not write. :P :banghead:

3G
09-14-2003, 10:01 AM

:rolleyes: when you can spell correctly, people will believe you more (and your reputable sources)

Spenser
09-14-2003, 12:38 PM
i know, i know, and you believe this, my "reputable" information is the Grand torismo(can't remember if its 1,2,or3) intruction manual.

colinderksen
09-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
i say we all take our moms minivans to the next bullshit meet and race..i know ill rape all of u cuz mama got the T66 Turbo, Twin Intacoola, Motec System Exhaust, 150 shot of NAWWS, and an independant fuel management system..it will rape ANY probe, i even raped a MKIV Supra once :O

so lets go

hahaha note the sarcasm
"Pssshhaa, not a bad way to spend 10 grand"