PDA

View Full Version : Whats fun to do at Sylvan Lake?

al-ti2d
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I've never had the chance to go out to Sylvan Lake before, but i'm finally going there this Saturday. Can you guys let me know whats fun to do out there besides lounging around and swimming in the lake? Any good places to go eat? Are there places where I can rent seadoos?

eblend
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d
I've never had the chance to go out to Sylvan Lake before, but i'm finally going there this Saturday. Can you guys let me know whats fun to do out there besides lounging around and swimming in the lake? Any good places to go eat? Are there places where I can rent seadoos?

There is definately a place to rent seadoos, at least was like 5 years ago when i was last there

drtoohotty1
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
hit on all the hot bitches :bigpimp:

The_1
08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Three Boys Toys
Ski Boat Rentals
Sea Doo Rentals
Paddle Boat Rentals
All Other Water Toy Rentals

John, Grant & Ross Lakeman

Phone: 887-3948

Call them ahead of time to reserve a seadoo or boat

Crymson
08-18-2008, 03:40 PM
DO NOT GET DRUNK IN TOWN!

I have NEVER seen a place so quick to toss people in the drunk tank.

Cooked Rice
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
hit on all the hot bitches :bigpimp:

it's all jailbait man

TKRIS
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I do agree with the "Don't get too drunk" rule based solely on the fact that I've almost gotten into a fight every time I've been to the bar there. And believe it or not, I'm actually a pretty nice, easy going guy. Especially when I'm pissed. After a dozen beers, I'm everybody's best friend.
The problem is all the hyper-sensitive, insecure jackoffs with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove (or make up for) that seem to fill every bar.

schocker
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice

it's all jailbait man
looks like i am off to sylvan lake next week

al-ti2d
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
haha well i won't be hitting up any of the clubs there so i'm not worried about getting into any bar fights.. i'm just going there for a day trip.

do the seadoos book up fast? i was kind of planning on just driving down there and looking for a place to rent a seadoo on the spot. i'll call ahead of time and book if i have to though. does anyone know what the rates are for seadoos?

pinoyboy88
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
best place if your single....
if not best place to become single...

Ajay
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
I do agree with the "Don't get too drunk" rule based solely on the fact that I've almost gotten into a fight every time I've been to the bar there. And believe it or not, I'm actually a pretty nice, easy going guy. Especially when I'm pissed. After a dozen beers, I'm everybody's best friend.
The problem is all the hyper-sensitive, insecure jackoffs with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove (or make up for) that seem to fill every bar.

:werd:

This sounds exactly like my experience in Sylvan. Not a bad place to go if you're only going for a day trip but I think twice about going up there for a weekend now.

Too many "hardcore" douche bags in some of the bars there.

Speed_69
08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d

do the seadoos book up fast? i was kind of planning on just driving down there and looking for a place to rent a seadoo on the spot. i'll call ahead of time and book if i have to though. does anyone know what the rates are for seadoos?

They are no longer called Three Boys Toys.
They go by SunSport Recreation Ltd. now.

Rate is $115 for 1 hr and $205 for 2 hrs plus 10% for insurance coverage.

8Ball
08-18-2008, 05:01 PM
drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip,

VWEvo
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Smugglers Inn is great to eat at:D

al-ti2d
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

They are no longer called Three Boys Toys.
They go by SunSport Recreation Ltd. now.

Rate is $115 for 1 hr and $205 for 2 hrs plus 10% for insurance coverage.

well there goes my plans for renting a seadoo...
if it was $115/hour for 2 seadoos then that wouldn't be bad. I was hoping for more like $50/hour or something... :(

mark4091
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 8Ball
drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip, drive down the strip, drive up the strip,

I've had a cabin there for 7 years now and this is 100% the only thing anybody does there.

drtoohotty1
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice

it's all jailbait man

So where's Sorath's cabin??

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/284844_f520.jpg

N/M I found it! :D

e36bmw///
08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
nm

Baron O' Funk
08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Im gonna be there on Monday - Wednesday for the Coors Trauma series nonsense, any recommendations for bars? Goin full blown creepzilla mode, trollin for sure.

SR240SX
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

So true...even walking around Sylvan there always is those stupid punk kids that like to have staring contests...I also see a fight just about everytime im there. Fuckin drama festival.

Grogador
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
So where's Sorath's cabin??

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/284844_f520.jpg

N/M I found it! :D

Haha I know that place, out in Inversmear, buddy just sits on his balcony thing all day.

Cooked Rice
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
Smugglers Inn is great to eat at:D

Yeah they got good ribs. A bit expensive though. The patio overlooking the lake is nice in the summer though.