PDA

View Full Version : buying peppers.

LKL
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm trying to find fresh hot peppers in Calgary (like habanero peppers and anything really hot). The grocery stores are really hit and miss. has anybody found a place that carries them on a regular basis?

TYMSMNY
08-19-2008, 01:44 PM
They have quite a selection at the Famers Market (Currie Barracks)

dj_rice
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Asian supermarkets

PeterGTiR
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Market Produce on 17th avenue and 52nd street SE.
It's probably a hit and miss too, but it's worth a shot. You can get a haircut at Brother's Cutz if they don't have any - so it won't be a total waste of a trip...heh.

ExtraSlow
08-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Sobeys has a better selection than safeway or Co-op. The oens in the NE are best.

Kritafo
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
yeah I found almost everywhere in Calgary are hit and miss. I guess it just depends on what peppers your buying.

We grew our own, had some Hungarian Yellow hot peppers they are very easy to grow and produce lots they are very hot. Plus we bring them inside for the winter and continue to grow them.

dj_rice
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
yeah I found almost everywhere in Calgary are hit and miss. I guess it just depends on what peppers your buying.

We grew our own, had some Hungarian Yellow hot peppers they are very easy to grow and produce lots they are very hot. Plus we bring them inside for the winter and continue to grow them.

Your quite the Martha Stewart arent ya?Do you also knit your kids clothing?

Benny
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Your quite the Martha Stewart arent ya?Do you also knit your kids clothing?

Kritafo even gets bashed on how she grows peppers. Shitty deal. :rofl: