PDA

View Full Version : Body weight question

cjay^
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Lets start off by saying I am somewhere between Ectomorph and Mesomorph, while I do have a fast metabolism, long limbs, and a relatively flat and underdeveloped chest, I do put on muscle fairly easy and have have gone from around 145lbs to 163lbs in about 4 months of work (on average 3-4 intense sessions a week).

I have also been supplimenting with protein for the last 3 months, and just started taking creatine 3 weeks ago.

I am almost obsessive about my body weight, about a week ago I was weighing an even 162.4lbs but keep in mind, I was full of water from the gym and the shake I made at home. But after this last week where I had to work all day (2-10), every day, I couldn't find much time to go to the gym and I neglected my diet. When I woke up this morning I weighed 154.8lbs.

While I still went to the gym twice last week I had poor performances because I really am a night owl, and I also have had maybe 2 shakes in the last 7 days and when I have been consuming the amount of calories for I need for maintenance, its been crappy food (last nights dinner was 2 double big macs. whoopie!)

So my question is: In less than 7 days, if I neglect my diet and with my fast metabolism, would the 7.6lb difference I noticed in my weight account for any muscle loss due to my body consuming it for energy? or am I paranoid for no reason and its just food and water weight that I have lost.

Thanks.

Baron O' Funk
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
If it accounted for muscle loss I doubt it would be a pound/day, you're probably a little on the paranoid side. :dunno:

Meback
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
No, due to the extreame hot weather that we have been having. Its most likely you are not staying hydrated. Start Drinking my friend.

FilthyMcNasty
08-19-2008, 04:14 PM
You're paranoid! take it easy. you have lost food and water weight.

If you wanna find your true weight without much water retention. Take some dandelion root, it will flush all the water out of your system. Take it in the evening, dont drink water, weigh yourself in the morning.

Do that once a week and compare the true results of your body weight. Taking diuretics once a week will feel very detoxifying as well.

beyond_ban
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
lol @ McDonalds advertisement

civic_rida
08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
weight is a bad way to judge muscle size.
so many things come into play.
use a tape measure instead.

doggystyle
08-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Body weight can vary up to 10 pounds from day to day depending on the time of day and changes in your diet. Like you said, you werent consuming your normal fluid intake which plays a MAJOR factor in your body weight. Your weight will also vary depending on the time of day you are weighing yourself. Adding the heat we are experiencing just makes things hader to judge. Dont worry about it your fine, just make sure that you are keeping your diet consistant and you wigh yourself at the same time each day.. :thumbsup: