PDA

View Full Version : somewhere along river to bbq?

Dumbass17
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
so we're thinking of having a mini bbq and having some lawnchairs and just sitting in the river this weekend

does anyone know where abouts we can do this?

(and have a few beers without getting in shit :P)

TYMSMNY
08-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Edworthy has some nice places for a BBQ and the river is right down there. I don't know if there are any BBQ pits really close to the river though. Huge fields to play a little ultimate too.

DeeK
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
bowness park, shouldice park, edworthy park, fish creek park, theres SOOO many places.

ExtraSlow
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
And none of them allow alcohol. Best bet if you want a bbq and booze is someone's private place.

dizzle
08-19-2008, 10:05 PM
bowness, had a couple beers today but not too much.

a social dsease
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Last month I went rafting down the Bow and brought my mini-hibachi, some propane, and a cooler full of beer/meat. Stopped on a little island and set up on the beach (well, rocks). It was nice!

broken_legs
08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Theres a couple little "beaches" between crowchild and Edworthy on the south side of the river.

They are pretty isolated so I doubt you'd have a problem. ie you'd have to go y river or walk the bike paths to get to them

I've been down there drinking beer a couple times. Right around where the guys are river boarding should be fine.