PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Chevrolet

GoChris
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Can't decide on a friggin family vehicle, but I think I'll get an equinox cause it has good cargo space and the wife seems to like it. Kind of overwhelming what to get really.

But anyway, I need one this week, if anyone works for a chev dealer, please let me know if you can help me. I know the 09s are coming and many dealers have quite a lot of 08 stock left, so I'm not looking to pay much. Please pm me if you want a sale and can give me an extremely good deal :rolleyes:

johnboy27
08-19-2008, 10:44 PM
A coworker of mine bought an 08 last year when they came out and he regrets it to this day. He has had it in for warranty work about 20 times.

AE92_TreunoSC
08-19-2008, 10:48 PM
the Saturn Vue is the only MPV from GM that I'd touch, also people generally have better experiences at Saturn dealers.

TomcoPDR
08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
the Saturn Vue is the only MPV from GM that I'd touch, also people generally have better experiences at Saturn dealers.

:werd: They're (Vue) actually not that bad this year (new model style), based on the Equinox/Torrent frame. Just more bubbly

GoChris
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
The Vue looks nice, bubbly isn't bad, but it translates to less cargo space. The height doesn't seem as convenient for access to loading up luggage (or whatever). :dunno:

I do hate a few things on the nox, the power window controls are in the middle and the cupholder is flimsy. But the rear seats move foward (easier for access to kids).

DomesticBoy
08-19-2008, 11:37 PM
lol as stupid as it sounds
its not chevy
but go with the Nissan quest
holy tits so comfterable
and powered with a quick 350z engine :drool:
haha if i needed a family vehicle i would not look any further!

CRXguy
08-20-2008, 12:00 AM
how about acadia/outlook? the 09's have the new direct-injection engines which have been getting positive feedback on different review sites. i have an '08 outlook and my wife and kids love it.

GoChris
08-20-2008, 07:36 AM
I like the acadia/outlook...but they are HUGE. I really don't need the 3rd row, and it seems silly to buy a vehicle with a 3rd row if I'm only ever going to have it folded down. :dunno:

I just need to win a car, then I won't have to decide.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by GoChris

I just need to win a car, then I won't have to decide.

You can win my Allroad.... tickets cost $21,000, but you're 100% guaranteed to win :D

blownz
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Would you be using GMAC financing or paying cash/using other financing?

GoChris
08-20-2008, 09:01 AM
gmac, it's zero percent.

blownz
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Taking the zero percent, you also get a $750 rebate. Plus whatever you can negotiate off of msrp. GM dealer invoice is 90% of msrp plus or minus a few bucks.

If you don't take the financing, there is a $2500 rebate over and above what you negotiate off of msrp.

If you have problems with a dealer in Calgary giving you that I can get you dealer invoice less $250 (leaving $500 for the dealer) plus the zero percent financing here in Edmonton. Chances are it won't be worth the drive unless you are really striking out with the dealers there.

Mr_ET
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:werd: They're (Vue) actually not that bad this year (new model style), based on the Equinox/Torrent frame. Just more bubbly

I also believe it is actually powered by the same honda 3.5L engine that powers the Odyssey and Pilot.

Why not look at a Toyota Rav4 or Hylander better product and resale value but more $$$.

I probably would stay away from the Equinox, I hear they are as problematic as the Colorado/Canyon pair...

blownz
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
^ not anymore. It is now a GM 3.5L plus there is a GM 3.6L

Masked Bandit
08-20-2008, 01:50 PM
If you don't find a specific sales guy on here it has been my experience that GSL has been the most "flexible" when it comes to negotiating a price.

GoChris
08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
well...now that I think about it (I hate car shopping) I might actually get the Vue. I did like it more and I thought I needed to get the redline to get the 3.6...at least I think I might have thought that. and I don't have too, where the nox I would have to get the sport to do that.

so I think a Vue XR FWD will be my choice, it shouldn't have some build and design issues I hate about the nox.